- 1 Resolving Data Damage on The Company File
- 2 FAQ
- 2.1 Can I use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to fix the data problem that prevents QuickBooks from continuing?
- 2.2 How to restore a recent backup to fix the data problems prevents QuickBooks from continuing when there is no error found in the remaining data damage?
- 2.3 How to troubleshoot data problems that prevent QuickBooks from continuing error in QuickBooks desktop?
Resolving Data Damage on The Company File
To Resolving Data Damage on The Company File, You need to follow mentioned below steps:
Total Time: 21 minutes
Try running Rebuild Data Utility
💠 Go to File menu and select Utilities and after that Rebuild Data
💠 Then go to QuickBooks Information window and choose OK. Make sure that prompts that appears are followed by you in order to ensure that backup is saved
Note: You might see a message saying that QuickBooks isn’t responding. In case you are still able to see that cursor of your mouse is moving then it means that Rebuilt is going on. Wait till the time it gets complete.
💠 Click on OK as you find that Rebuild gets complete
Try running Verify Data Utility
💠 First of all go to File menu and after that select Utilities and then Verify Data
💠 If a message saying that QuickBooks has detected no issues in the data appears then click on OK. You can now keep on using the company file
💠 If while verifying you find an issue in the data then you will be asked to View Errors or Rebuild Now. Click on Close and then follow the steps given below.
💠 First of all find the QuickBooks.log files or QBWin.log or
💠 Make sure that log file is checked
—🔹 For Windows: press Ctrl+F to search for the Begin Verify and after that find the files which are most recent. You will find that logs are maintained in the order of data where the latest one are at bottom.
—🔹 For Mac: in order to view the recent most Verify information scroll down to the bottom
💠 Search the line having LVL_ERROR and then look for the damage errors of Top data in QuickBooks Desktop. You can also look for it in the site of QuickBooks Learn & Support site
Note: There are chances that both the log files may not be same exactly but are present in same format.
Additional step for Troubleshooting of Data Damage for Mac
💠 Re-sorting lists
Make sure that you re-sort your list and ensure that your records are kept in order. If order of the list is changed manually by you then re-sorting it will cancel all the changes made by you.
💠 Identify the problems in transactions by using the Reports
💠 Merging the damaged names, items or accounts
💠 Deleting memorized transactions or reports
💠 Select Report Center from Reports menu
💠 Choose the report which you are willing to delete and then tap once on the name
💠 Choose red X and click on OK in order to get the memorized report deleted
💠 Choose Memorized Transactions from List menu
💠 Then select the transaction that you are willing to delete
💠 Choose Delete Memorized Transaction from Edit menu
💠 Then tap on OK in order to get the memorized transaction deleted
Issues and Questions that customers face
Generally users face the issues, where they see the message saying that data problem is preventing the QuickBooks from continuing. Even after data rebuild is done by you, this message keeps on popping up.
Need Professional Help?
So to get the appropriate answer of this issue or any other issue, you can always look into the SMB QuickBooks technical support team. Experienced professionals with years of experience at SMB QuickBooks customer support team will ensure that your issues and concerns are answered timely.
Can I use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to fix the data problem that prevents QuickBooks from continuing?
Yes, you can use the file doctor tool. This tool helps in fixing file issues and you also face the data problem that is stored in a file. So to resolve this problem, you have to download and install the QuickBooks tool hub. After that run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from it.
How to restore a recent backup to fix the data problems prevents QuickBooks from continuing when there is no error found in the remaining data damage?
In this case, you have to restore the recent backup in your QuickBooks Desktop. The steps to restore the recent backup are:-
1. In QuickBooks, click on the File menu option
2. Click on the Restore option
3. Choose the recent backup file that you want to restore
4. Click on the restore button to start the process to fix the data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing
5. After restoration, you are done.
How to troubleshoot data problems that prevent QuickBooks from continuing error in QuickBooks desktop?
There are troubleshooting steps that you can do to resolve the issues data problem that prevents QuickBooks from continuing:-
1. Firstly, delete the transaction files
2. Then you have to use the QuickBooks Refresher Tool
3. After that re-enter the transactions.
- dbextclr11- Error in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Online Not Working
- Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code in Point of Sale
- Warning 176103 & 176104 Unable to Activate Product on QuickBooks POS
- QuickBooks Error 6073
- Quickbooks Not Sending Invoices via Email
- QuickBooks Search Not Working
- Fix Quickbooks Appcrash-QBW32.exe Error Support
- Error 1904 Module Failed to Register Quickbooks
- QuickBooks Error 12031