By using an electronic signature in QuickBooks, you can deposit paychecks and mark documents inside the security software. Hence you don’t need to take a print out of the paychecks or form. Electronic signatures are quite easy to import into QuickBooks and also it helps you in increasing efficiency.
A signature is a must-have thing on the paychecks in QuickBooks that makes it valid. An electronic signature is a digital way to add the signature on your paychecks so that you don’t have to go through the long process of printing the checks in your QuickBooks account. So to add it you have to follow the procedure so that you can do it on your own properly. Take a look at the below steps to add an electronic signature on paychecks in QuickBooks.
- 1 How to Add Signature in Quickbooks Desktop
- 2 Putting the Two Signatures on the Checks in Quickbooks Desktop
- 3 FAQs
How to Add Signature in Quickbooks Desktop
Adding the Digital Signature to Checks in QuickBooks
- Place the authorized signature on the white background. Get the authorized owner or manager signed in the index card’s middle
- Get the index card scanned and then save the same on your computer
- Once the checks are selected by you which you have to pay, tap on the button of Pay Bills present at the bottom
- The dialog box of Payment Summary will pop up. In case you are willing to pay more bills then tap on Pay More Bills, if not then click on the Print Checks
- The dialog box of Select Checks to Print will pop up now. Make sure that your current bank is used by you and the number present in the field of First Check Number is the same as the number of the first checks, which was placed by you in the printer
- Click on OK
- Now you will be able to see the dialog box of Print Checks. On the right side, click on Signature
- In the dialog box of Signature, tap File present on the right side
- Navigate the signature, created by you
- Choose a file and then click on Open
- You will now be able to see the signature in the dialog box of Signature
- Click on OK
- Do not forget to put the check mark against the box present adjacent to the Print Signature Image, present at the Print Checks window’s bottom right
- Click on Print
- You can see that the checks are getting printed with the signature which was selected by you
Putting the Two Signatures on the Checks in Quickbooks Desktop
With QuickBooks, you are allowed to create as well as print the checks for personal or payroll use or for paying bills. Most of the checks just require one signature for the purpose of authentication, but there are some checks where two signatures are required. These are the ones that are more than the certain value of the dollar.
In case your business or company needs two signatures on the checks, then you can easily do that by signing it manually on the paper and then getting the signature imported in QuickBooks as the graphic file.
- Get your signature done on the blank white paper, used in printing, with blue or black color ink. Keep your signature the same and of the same size as you keep them while signing a check physically.
- Make sure that the second party signs their name below your name. A small gap should be left between the signatures, in order to ensure that names are correctly aligned when you import them into the QuickBooks checks. Look carefully at the gap present between the lines of a signature on the check, in order to have a clear idea of how much space should you leave between the names.
- Then make sure that the signed paper is placed on the scanner bed with face towards the downside and then get the lid closed. Get the image scanned on your computer with the aspect ratio of 11:3, where 11 stands for width and 3 is for height. You can also search for other options, in order to get the aspect ratio changed in the menu of scanner settings.
- Get the image saved in the file format which is accepted, for example, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, or BMP. Ensure that image is saved in a location that could be easily accessed, for example, Desktop.
- Launch the QuickBooks and then tap on File after that click on the Printer Setup, then from the drop-down menu click on Form Name and then select the Checks or Paychecks
- Click on the check box present adjacent to the Click Print Signature Image. Then from the dialog box of Signature click on File
- Navigate to the location where the image file is saved and also has the signature. Click on the file first and then click on Open
- Now in the Signature box, click on an OK ad then tap on OK in the box of Printer Setup. Signatures are imported by QuickBooks and then it gets them added to check. Signatures will be resized by QuickBooks so that they can get fit in 2 3/4-inch wide and the 3/4-inch tall area of the check
Issues Faced by the Users
How to add the signature to the Invoice?
How electronic signatures are used for paychecks and checks?
If you too are having such questions, then get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks technical support team. We assure you that our SMB QuickBooks technical support team will serve you in the best possible way. Call on ?smbaccountants.com.
How an electronic signature is created?
? You have to take a paper
? Do your signature on it
? Then scan the signature
? Save it in the suitable file formats like .png, .bmp, .tiff, or .jpeg
How is the signature attached to the QuickBooks checks?
? In the QuickBooks account
? Click on the File menu then further select the option Printer Setup
? You have to select the paychecks or checks from the drop-down list of Form Name
? Then select the checkbox that says Click Print Signature Image
? Choose the options file from the signature dialogue box
? Click on the file that contains your signature then click on the Open button
? After that click on the OK button
? Again, in the printer setup window click on the OK button.
How to use an electronic signature in Quickbooks Desktop?
Initially, open your QuickBooks and then move to the File from the top menu bar. Click on the option Printer Setup. Now, using the drop-down menu, click Paycheck. Choose the Print Signature image and then click Browse. Select the electronic copy of the signature and click Open. at last, hit Ok twice.
How is the signature attached to the QuickBooks checks?
You can follow these steps to attach to the QuickBooks checks:
? Initially, go to the QuickBooks account
? Next, go to the File menu and then choose the Printer Setup
? Now, choose the checks or paychecks using the drop-down list
? After that, check the checkbox named Click Print Signature Image
? Move to the file containing the signature and then hit Open
? Afterward, hit Ok
? Once again click Ok within the Printer setup window.
How can we create an electronic signature?
First, take the paper and do your signature on it. Now, scan the same signature and save it in an appropriate file format such as .png, .jpeg, .bmp, etc.