Many errors in small business accounting sheets and reports occur because the responsible person struggles to interpret the information correctly. A deeper investigation may reveal that uncommon fonts with smaller sizes are to blame for employees’ mistakes. Likewise, several QuickBooks users report that the software’s font is virtually unreadable due to its small size. This blog aims to address the common user query, “Why is the QuickBooks font too small?” and provide appropriate solutions.
- 1 How to Change Font Size in QuickBooks 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020?
- 2 Why You Should change font size?
How to Change Font Size in QuickBooks 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020?
In order to change the font size in QuickBooks we can always go to preferences of QuickBooks and edit the size accordingly in display. Now that we understand the importance of having a legible font size in QuickBooks Desktop, it’s important to note that the software itself does not offer a utility or feature to change its font or size. Nevertheless, there are external methods that users can employ to adjust the font size in QuickBooks. Continue reading to learn about these solutions.
Why You Should change font size?
- People wants the change in the view of any content in Quickbooks for their font size because of their visuals.
- Font changes are done specifically for the customers who has the problem of reading the font way too big or small.
In order to change the font of invoice in QuickBooks for custom changes there is a font button to do that.
How Can I Set the Font Size to Normal in QuickBooks?
The following instructions will show you how to change the font size in QuickBooks step-by-step.
- Go to My Computer and close QuickBooks.
- Double-click the Program Data folder on your C: Drive.
- Under the Intuit® folder, locate the QuickBooks 20XX folder (depending on your QB version).
- Open the QBW.INI file now.
- Under [FONTS], press Enter and type: FontName=Arial (or any font of your choice) FontSize=12.5 (or any size of your choice)
- To see the changes in font size, close the file and then reopen QuickBooks.
What is the Best Way to Make QuickBooks’ View Bigger?
You can change the QuickBooks icons on your computer if they are too small by changing your DPI settings since QuickBooks runs off these settings only. Follow the instructions below.
- Click on the Display option in the Control Panel.
- There, you will get three display alternatives to choose from, namely- 100% (default), 125%, and 150%.
You can also view these settings in QuickBooks by following these instructions.
- Go to the Edit menu in QuickBooks and select Edit.
- From the left-hand menu, select Preferences and Desktop View.
- To view the display settings, go to My Preferences and then select Display.
Below are two other solutions to efficiently adjust the QuickBooks display view in order to make the font size appear bigger.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on the desktop of your computer and close QuickBooks.
- Select the Compatibility tab under the Properties option.
- Disable display scaling on high DPI settings by checking the box.
- Last but not least, click on Apply and then select OK.
- Select Edit from the menu in the Company File.
- Select Desktop View from the Preferences tab.
- Change the view from Multiple Windows to One Window under My Preferences.
When QuickBooks font size on printed sales forms is too small, what should you do?
By following the given instructions step-by-step, you can fix the font size issue on QuickBooks Online printed sales forms.
- Click the Gear icon (Settings) at the top-left corner of QuickBooks.
- Go to Custom Form Styles and select a form style.
- Select the Design tab after clicking Edit.
- You can choose between three font sizes and a different font there.
- You can check the font size by clicking on the Preview or Print button.
- Click on Done if all is well.
Last but not least, we want to conclude this article on why QuickBooks font is too small. We hope the instructions presented here will assist you in overcoming the problems you are experiencing with the traditional font order.