Xero software is an accounting software, developed by Xero, a New Zealand public technology company. It is a web-based accounting platform and has quite a lot of similarities in terms of features with QuickBooks. There are a certain number of cases where an individual or the business would want to move from Xero to QuickBooks, for example when the business is in the United States as the software is generally used outside the United States i.e. in the UK and New Zealand.
Steps to Migrate data from Xero to the QuickBooks
You can follow the below steps to migrate your data from Xero software to the QuickBooks:
1. First Step: Export of Data from Xero
Export all the reports:
As usual the first step in the migration process would be the export of data from the Xero software. You can export the data in various formats like Excel and CSV for ease of importing into the QuickBooks. Just ensure that you export all the below reports from the Xero software.
- Accounting data (transactions, Balance sheet, Profit and loss, Trial Balance, Receivable report, Payable report, Fixed asset reconciliation, Inventory details, Bank reconciliations, Sales/Purchase report, etc.)
- Budget report
- Chart of Accounts
- Vendor/ customer contact list
- Invoices and Bills
2. Second Step: Migration of Data in the QuickBooks
After the creation of import data from the Xero software in XLS format, you need to follow the below steps for importing the file in the QuickBooks. Just ensure to make a backup file of exported data before following the below steps, as you won’t be able to undo the import, save it on your local drive with a different name for the ease of identification.
1. Data in Excel Files (Customer/ vendor details, Items)
- Step 1. In your QuickBooks, you need to click on File> Utilities> Import > Excel Files in the same order as given.
- Step 2. For import of data, first of all, select the type of data, after which The QuickBooks will open a formatted excel spreadsheet, you have to enter your information now and then click on the option “Add my data now”.
- Step 3. Review and verify the data imported in the QuickBooks and after you are satisfied, click on close.
2. Data in Excel files (Chart of Accounts)
- Step1. In the first step, open the List menu and click on Chart of accounts.
- Step 2. Now click on, Account> import from Excel.
- Step 3. Browse and select the excel file you want to import and click on open.
- Step 4. Map all the account related details i.e. type mapping name, choose Account as import type, match the info from the QuickBooks, and then save.
If you have any further queries or questions, you can dial a toll-free number smbaccountants.com and QB technical support team will help you.
- Converting Quickbooks payroll from Mac to windows
- How do I convert files of MAS 500 to QuickBooks files
- Round Tripping Quickbooks: Windows to Mac Conversion Tool
- Convert quicken to quickbooks
- Convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop
- How to Convert/Migrate Oracle to QuickBooks
- Convert Exact Macola to Quickbooks files
- Migrate Quickbooks from Windows to Mac
- Convert Epicor to QuickBooks files?
- Migrate/convert from Sage 100 to QuickBooks