The conversion is done when your business requirements are now changed. If you have not needed any specific reports that you do before this then do switch or convert your software edition.
Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro can be done by following the 2 procedures that are mentioned below. QuickBooks Enterprise is the upgrade version of QuickBooks Pro that cannot be downgraded. So, to go from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Pro you have to migrate or transfer all your QuickBooks company data. Also, buy a license and then activate your QuickBooks software to get back to your workflow.
- 1 Convert your Enterprise Company to QuickBooks Pro/Premier
- 2 What are the reasons that cause for not converting the data of QuickBooks Enterprise to Premium or Pro?
- 3 What are the tips or things that you can do while converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Premium or Pro?
- 4 Why Data Migration is Important to Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Premium or Pro?
- 5 What are the Procedures to Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
- 6 Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from Desktop Pro/Premier
- 7 FAQs
- 7.1 Can everything be transferred from one QuickBooks to another while converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
- 7.2 How can I switch from multi-user mode to single-user mode to start the process of converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
- 7.3 Can I have any version of QuickBooks Pro for converting from QuickBooks Enterprise desktop?
- 7.4 Can Open QuickBooks Enterprise File With Pro
Convert your Enterprise Company to QuickBooks Pro/Premier
Do you still use Enterprise even though you don’t need it? Many Enterprise users don’t actually need it or the associated costs!
Your Enterprise company file data will be converted to the Pro/Premier format by us.
When you receive your Pro/Premier file, you can continue right where you left off! Our service converts ALL of the data in your company file!
- Financial and non-financial transactions, including banking, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, purchase orders, estimates, and everything in between!
- Payments applied to invoices are all links between transactions.
- Accounts, customers, vendors, employees, items, classes, and all other lists.
- Data about preferences, user names, and embedded subscriptions.
- Everything else from your Enterprise file has been converted.
There are a few reasons that you must know so these are listed here:-
- The file size must not cross the limited file size that is a minimum of- 500 MB and a maximum- of 2 GB
- If there is an active database of Enterprise that is not valid to let you convert into Pro
- You have to check that no file in the present database is damaged if found then it causes you issues in converting data
- The names of the QuickBooks Enterprise files are still 14,500 or if it is crossed then the problem happens.
- You are going to downgrade your software that is converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Premium or Pro. This leads to the loss of all the features and benefits that you are having in the Enterprise software edition will be lost. Like
- After converting software, you can only link up to 3 accounts in QuickBooks Pro as it allows only this many users.
- You have to buy a new license for converting your software to any other edition. When you bought the license then install the software and then activate it to continue working properly.
- When you are done converting the data then you get a file into your QuickBooks Pro software so that you can continue with your work.
- The files can be easily restored so don’t worry about the files that you have in your earlier software edition. You can easily access them in your newer QuickBooks edition.
Conversion is required when you don’t want the current edition anymore. That is you are using QuickBooks enterprise according to your business need but not it changes so you can easily switch to the QuickBooks Pro software. So if the requirement change does change the software edition is accordingly and you also get the advantages and features.
The conversion depends on your business requirements. Follow the process and get it done easily with the below simple steps.
Note: To convert QuickBooks enterprise to QuickBooks pro, you need to remove or clean up unwanted entries or junk files in QuickBooks Pro.
What are the Procedures to Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
There are procedures that you have to do for converting your account. You have to choose it according to your convenience that what you can do easily. The procedures are:-
Total Time: 25 minutes
Step One: Backup Company file from QuickBooks Enterprise and Restore to QuickBooks Pro
Backup your Company File from QuickBooks Enterprise
1. Open QuickBooks Enterprise
2. Then click on the File menu and check that if it shows you Switch to Single-user mode
3. Select the option to switch to single-user mode as you are in multi-user mode
5. Again, go to the File menu option
6. From the drop-down options, click on the Backup Company
7. Further, select the option Create Local backup
8. The Backup window opens up on your screen
9. In this, select the Local Backup
10. Then proceed with the Next button
11. You have to click on the Browse button to search for the location where you want to save this backup file
12. You can also mention the number of backups that you want to do (Optional)
13. Now it runs a test to check the backup file before saving it. So that if there are any issues or problems then you get to know in this step
14. After this, when you are ready with it the test reports are ok
15. Then click on the OK button to continue
16. In the end, click on the Save it Now buttons then click the Next button
17. Wait for it for creating the backup file and get notified.
Restore your Company file to QuickBooks Pro
1. In QuickBooks Pro
2. Click on the File menu option
3. Select the Open and Restore company file
4. Choose the Restore a Backup copy
5. Then click on the Next button
6. Find the backup company file on your computer by clicking on the Browse button
7. Now you have to choose the folder to save the file
8. Click on Open
9. When everything is done, you have to click on Save.
Step Two: Export the data from QuickBooks Enterprise and then Import it into QuickBooks Pro
A. Export data from QuickBooks Enterprise
To export data
1. In QuickBooks, click on Customer/ Supplier/ Payroll Centre
2. Click on Excel drop-down menu
3. Select the Export list if you want to export the contact information, balance, or name of the customer, employee, or supplier
4. Select Export the transaction if you want to export any specific transaction
5. Click on the option Create a New Worksheet
6. Hit on the Export button
To export items
1. Go to the Lists menu option
2. Then further, select Item List
3. Click on the Excel drop-down
4. Then choose the Export all items option
5. Hit on Create a New Worksheet
6. Click on the Export button
To export reports
1. Go to the Lists menu in QuickBooks
2. Then select Item List
3. Click on the Excel drop-down
4. Hit on the Create New Worksheet
5. Check the Preferences
6. Click on the option Export.
B. Import data to QuickBooks Pro
1. Click on the File menu
2. Further, select the Utilities
3. Click on the Import
4. Choose Excel Files
5. Follow the instructions shown on your screen
a. In this, select the type of data to import
b. QuickBooks formats all the data by providing you with the overview
c. Manually add any data by clicking on the Add My Data Now
d. Check and verify Preferences then click on the Close button.
C. Review your data
Review all the data that you have converted, transferred, or moved from one QuickBooks account to another. Check that no data is left behind if any then enter it manually into your new QuickBooks software. Do check for errors also so that you can fix them. After that, you are done.
D. List the items that can be sent into your QuickBooks Pro edition
There are a few items that you can transfer into your QuickBooks Pro account from your previous account.
These things are as follows:-
8. The transactions that have links in between like you have applied the payment to the invoice.
9. All the transactions that are non-financial and financial can be transferred. Such as Payroll, purchase orders, Account payable, and Account receivable.
How Does it Work?
The steps are simple:
- Use the link below to purchase and upload your Enterprise company file.
- Your Enterprise data will be converted to a QuickBooks Pro/Premier file and returned to you.
- You can use your converted data immediately after downloading it by opening it in QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
STEPS TO USE THE CONVERSION SERVICE
- Purchase one instance of the service for each company to be converted by clicking the Add to Cart button above.
- Create a Conversion Request: After completing the brief process, you will be prompted to upload the file that will be converted to QBW. This can be a *.QBW company file, a *.QBB backup, or a *.QBM ‘portable’ file.
Your converted file will be emailed to you once we’ve completed the conversion.
Source company files can be from US Enterprise versions 6.0 – 23.0.
The data will be returned in the Pro/Premier file format, in the version requested – from 2017 – 2023.
According to the table below, QuickBooks Pro/Premier version year must be the same or newer than the source Enterprise version.
If your Enterprise version is 21.0, the file can be converted to Pro/Premier 2021, 2022, or 2023:
Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from Desktop Pro/Premier
Efficiency and superior results are universal aspirations, and this applies equally to the use of QuickBooks accounting software. QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier users often consider upgrading to QuickBooks Enterprise in order to benefit from its core features, advanced inventory, and advanced pricing capabilities. It is evident that Enterprise solutions offer specific functionalities that are not available in other versions. If you are a QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier user looking for a dependable guide to upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise, then you have come to the right place.
An IT professional can help you with your network. An accountant can help you with your company file. You can also work with a ProAdvisor or QuickBooks Solutions Provider.
Step 1: Install QuickBooks Enterprise on your servers and computers
You can ask an IT professional for help with your network setup if you need it. Check out the system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Enterprise
Check out how to install QuickBooks Enterprise for the first time.
Step 3: Move your data from Pro or Premier to Enterprise
Backup your company file before moving it to Enterprise. Once you move your file to Enterprise, you cannot open it in QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
1. Back up your company file
Before you proceed, back up your company file:
- Then select Create Backup from the File menu.
- Choose a safe location for your file, such as a different computer or server.
2. Update your Company file
Once you have a backup of your current file, it’s time to update your company file for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and open your company file.
- Enter the Admin password, and click OK.
- Check the box indicating that you understand that updating QuickBooks will also update your company file. Then, click on Update Now.
- Click OK to initiate a backup of your data, and follow the prompts provided to complete the backup of your company file.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to update your file.
Fix update problems
We are here to help if you run into any problems when updating.
Error fixing for QuickBooks Enterprise
- Go to File, then Utilities, and choose Restore Backup For Earlier QuickBooks Version.
- Click on the three dots “…” located next to the Backup filename field.
- Browse to find and select the QuickBooks backup created during the update process, and click Open. By default, this file will be located in the folder where you last saved backup company files.
- Click on the three dots “…” next to the Restored filename field.
- From the “Save In” list, choose the folder where you wish to save the restored company file. We recommend saving it to your desktop for easy access.
- Enter a unique name for the restored file in the File Name field to avoid overwriting any existing company files, and click Save.
- Select Ok to complete the process.
QuickBooks previous version errors need to be fixed
- Click on the File menu, select Open or Restore Company, and choose Open a company file.
- Open the restored file.
- Click on the File menu, select Utilities, and then choose Rebuild Data. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the process. Note: The Rebuild Data Utility will prompt you to create another backup. Enter a new file name, such as pre-update12.qbb, and ensure that you don’t overwrite any existing backups.
- Once the rebuild process is complete (which may take a while depending on the size of your company file), exit your previous version of QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks Enterprise, click on the File menu, and select Open or Restore Company.
- Select the newly rebuilt company file located on your desktop, and click OK to open it.
3. Set permission list
Using QuickBooks Enterprise will be just like using your previous version of QuickBooks.
4. Activate QuickBooks
Find out how to activate QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions offers many benefits, such as technical support.
Can everything be transferred from one QuickBooks to another while converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
Various things that won’t be transferred are payroll taxes of the previous year that you must require in calculating this year’s tax. Credit memos or credit notes won’t be transferred.
How can I switch from multi-user mode to single-user mode to start the process of converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
In your QuickBooks Desktop software, you have to click on the File menu option. You get more options from it. So if there is an option displaying switch to single-user mode then you have to click on it. But if it is not displaying then you are already in the single-user mode. You can continue with the conversion process.
Can I have any version of QuickBooks Pro for converting from QuickBooks Enterprise desktop?
Yes, you can download install, and use any version of QuickBooks Pro according to the availability or what you want to use. So you can do install it but then take its license and run it properly.
Can Open QuickBooks Enterprise File With Pro
No, you can only work with QuickBooks Enterprise files with a dedicated version of the software. If you are an Enterprise user of QuickBooks Pro or Premier, you will need a third party to convert your file for you.