The below-given article will explain the steps to copy transactions between QuickBooks files. Walk through the information to save your time:
- 1 How multiple transactions are copied from one company file to another ?
- 2 Copying information from one company file to the other one
- 3 FAQs
How multiple transactions are copied from one company file to another ?
Solutions we are going to provide will work for the 2014 version of QuickBooks or other newer version for the transactions given below:
- Credits and Credit Card charges
- Credit and Invoice Memos
- Bill Credits and Bill
Make sure that you try this process on accountant’s copy if transaction date is before dividing date.
1. Step One: Preferences should be set appropriately in order to allow export
- Disabling the Account Number’s usea
- Go to Edit menu and then click on Preferences
- Choose Accounting and then tap on the tab of Company Preferences
- Make sure that checkmark is removed from Use account numbers and then click on OK
- Disabling the Sales Tax
- Go to Edit menu and then click on Preferences
- Choose Sales Tax and tap on the tab of Company Preferences
- Now in the section of Do you charge sales tax, select No and then click on OK
2. Step Two: Creating the report of Custom Transaction Detail
- Go to Reports menu and then select the Custom Reports after that tap on the Transaction Detail
- Click on the Customize Reports and then make the modifications in report as given below:
- Select desired date
- In Transaction Type, choose the transaction type which you want to keep
- In Detail Level choose all except summary
- Then choose the columns based upon the transaction type:
- Cheque Number
- Name of the Payee
- Debit Amount
- Cheque Number
- Credit Amount
- In order to run report, click on OK
- Make sure that report is memorized by you and you can also save it in the form of PDF
3. Step Three: Exporting the report to the excel
- Keep the report open and then click on the drop down of Excel
- Choose Create New Worksheet
- Then choose in a new workbook and then tap on Export
Copying information from one company file to the other one
To copy information from one file to another:
- Go to the current data file and then tap on File and then Utilities after that on Lists. Choose the lists that you are willing to be copied on New Data File, keeping the Chart of Account’s exception in mind, will work on it in next step. Then select the place where you wanted to save the file and also add the name of the file by applying the extension of IIF.
- The in the current data file of yours, tap on File and then from the company file that is existing, choose New Company. After typing the New Company Name, click on Create Company. By doing this, Chart of Accounts will be copied excluding data in New Data file. The data accounts could be deleted only at this time, so make sure the changes which you are willing to made are done at this stage.
- After that get the New Data File opened and then click on the File then on Utilities then on Import and after that on IIF files. List which was exported by you, will get copied without the balances. You can easily manage your data at this stage, by deleting the items, vendors and customers that you do not need any longer.
- Here, you have to get the information of New Company entered here, for example Business number etc. now in the setup, you can get the opening balances added. Remember not to enter the opening balances in the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. In order to create balances, make sure that Vendor Bills and Customer Invoices are created in New Company only.
Issues or Questions that Users face
You may be using QuickBooks Pro since long-time as a sole-proprietor. For example, you incorporated your account in 2015 and now your account is advising you to create the new Company File. Chart of Accounts is going to remain same with the Owner’s Equity as an exception being replaced with the Share structure.
What you want to know is that whether you will be able to copy the current sales data and customer list to the new file. You want this because, you do not want to re-enter the customer addresses of past years and also all your reports are able to show the previous/historical data.
If you are facing such issues/questions or any other situation like this, then without being hesitant get in touch with the SMB QuickBooks technical support team. You can easily get in touch with the SMB QuickBooks tech support helpdesk on smbaccountants.com.
How can I create a copy of an existing company file in QuickBooks?
💠 Open your QuickBooks Desktop & company file you need to copy
💠 Hit on the F2 button to display the product information window
💠 Locate the file info part to know the information related to the company file
💠 Use the backup file to restore the company file.
💠 Now rename the file you get after restoring the file.
💠 It will generate a unique copy of the genuine company file.
💠 Now save the new file.
💠 Now you have copies of the company file
How can I delete the transactions from the copied company file in QuickBooks?
💠 Open the new company files.
💠 Verify it
💠 Locate the file option and then hit on Utilities
💠 Choose Condense data
💠 Click on the yes option if you get a message about removing data.
💠 Choose All transactions in the condensed Data window.
💠 Hit on the Next button
💠 Follow the instructions displaying on the screen to delete the copied transactions.
How to check the status of the transaction in the accounts?
💠 Locate Reports option
💠 Hit on Reports center
💠 Discover the Account & Taxes button
💠 Now open a transaction list through the Date report
💠 Set the date range for the report so that it begins before the past transaction in the file you copied
- Quickbooks Dsn File. What are These and How to Bring Them in Use?
- QuickBooks 2015 R10 Released
- How to print a statement for payments in quickbooks 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Need help with QuickBooks Negative Inventory
- Import CSV into Quickbooks Pro, Online, Enterprise or Desktop
- Copy the program shared Backup storage drive or to another computer
- How to QuickBooks Print Check Register?
- QUICKBOOKS POS UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER
- Unable to Launch QuickBooks in windows 10
- System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2019