In QuickBooks, there are available crystal reports to create custom reports from several data sources. You can easily use it to monitor the information. The CData ODBC driver is required to access the crystal report.
Using Crystal Reports to Reverse
Crystal report is generally known as the tool that allows you to extract the data from your QuickBooks software. But for using the Crystal reports with QuickBooks, you need to download and make use of the driver named QuickBooks ODBC.
This is not the usual drivers that are used as it has some special features like whenever there is a Query made for the QuickBooks table, the QODBC will show the counter panels of every QuickBooks table, displaying the documentation that was reinstated from the table.
The QODBC will allow you to access and modify the QuickBooks accounting data files with the help of some standard query language.
How to Create the Crystal Report with QuickBooks?
- First of all, launch your QuickBooks software.
- Then start creating the report either by the manual method or by the New Report Wizard.
- Next, you need to click on the Create New Connection folder node so as to expand it.
- After that click on the plus symbol to open the ODBC (RDO) window.
- Now choose the QuickBooksData.dsn option and tap on the next button.
- Further tap on the finish button at the bottom of the window.
- Then you can see that the selection for QuickBooks table is visible on the screen.
- Now you have to choose the different or suitable tables for making your report.
- Next go through the data layout and associate the tables.
- After following this process you will see the fields of the table are accessible and ready for the selection.
- At last you need to click on the Run report button so as to create a report.
Note: Now another most important thing that you need to download and configure is the QODBC as without the database connection you won't be able to fetch and save any data.
How to Configure QODBC driver for Crystal Reports?
To configure the ODBC driver follow the instructions step wise and make sure you do not skip any of the step, otherwise it can create some sort of issues while the configuration and the connection with the QuickBooks data.
- First of all you need to launch your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Then go to the menu bar and select the File menu.
- Next choose the Utilities tab and click on the set up ODBC option.
- After that tap on General tab and select the option named “Use the Company file that’s now open in QuickBooks”.
- Further go to the data source name field and type in QuickBooks Data there.
- And then you need to search for the Test connection button and tap on it so as to check if the connection is acquired or not.
- Note: If you want to run your test connection successfully, then you make sure that you have logged in as the administrator in the QuickBooks software.
- Now if there is a successful connection and you receive a message saying test connection successful then you need to tap on the OK button and choose the Apply option.
- Then go to the messages section and tap on it, if you find that the detail tracing checkbox is checked then uncheck it.
- Next check the checkbox named Display Optimizer Status Panel.
- Further tap on the Apply button.
- Now go to the Optimizer section and tap on it select the Use Optimizer checkbox
- Make sure the default and favorable Optimizer file path is set as(%AppData%\QODBC Driver for QuickBooks\Optimizer).
- Next select the start button of each query and tap on the OK button for exiting the setup of ODBC Driver.
Issues Faced By Users
- At times, user is not able to set up the connection of ODBC and this causes error while generating the report.
- The user also faces issues of data not being displayed in the report and failure in publishing the reports.
Need Experts Help?
To get the solution of all these issues, feel free to contact our SMB QuickBooks experts. They will provide you round-the-clock assistance. For more information, contact our SMB QuickBooks Technical Support Team anytime convenient to you. They will guide you properly and will give the best solution. The QuickBooks helpline number is smbaccountants.com.
What are the crystal reports?
Crystal reports are known as intelligent application users used to generate custom reports from different data sources. It contains the significant features required for a business to generate a database reporting environment like report design, application integration, report formatting, and data access, etc.
How did the crystal reports operate with QuickBooks?
Crystal reports have several features for offloading data processing during remote processes. It helps to switch on real-time reporting. The CData ODBC driver for QuickBooks helps to access crystal reports.
Here are the steps to execute standard reports:
💠 Locate the Start button
💠 Select programs
💠 Hit on Crystal Reports
💠 Select any of the files you need to open
💠 Choose File option
💠 Locate the crystal reports toolbar
💠 View the report and then
💠 Click on Print Preview
How can I create a crystal report in QuickBooks?
💠 Firstly, create a table in the database
💠 Now make a View appearing in the database to view the information of an employee
💠 Locate Visual Studio
💠 Discover Solution explorer
💠 Do a right-click on the project name
💠 Choose Add and then New item
💠 Hit on Crystal Report
💠 Choose OK option
- Quickbooks Activation Code: How Can You Get a Validation Code for Quickbooks?
- QuickBooks Crystal reports: Reverse Engineer your database
- How to QuickBooks Print Check Register?
- Choose Right Network to Host QuickBooks Enterprise Desktop Version
- Change Starting Check Number in QuickBooks
- How to Delete Multiple Transactions in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks On Linux
- How to Print Multiple Invoices in QuickBooks?
- Import Product or Service List in QuickBooks?
- Import qbw file to QuickBooks Online