With QuickBooks, you have the freedom to manage the bookkeeping through various tools and can easily record the costs, deposits, and payments.
There might be an instance when you have entered incorrectly recorded deposits in the account register. Now you want to reverse it either by removing it from the company’s payment records or from the un-deposited funds. This is easily handled by QuickBooks through the window of Make Deposits.
It also provides a convenient way to get the unneeded and wrong deposit records deleted from the account register. With QuickBooks, you can easily get the records deleted and can have full control over the bookkeeping process of your business.
- 1 Bank Deposit Accounts Type
- 2 Issues that users face while working on QuickBooks Desktop 2022
- 3 Steps to Delete the Deposits in QuickBooks Desktop 2022
- 4 Steps to Delete the Deposits in QuickBooks Desktop 2022
- 5 How to Remove A Payment from Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop 2022?
- 6 How to Delete a Duplicate Payment in QuickBooks Desktop 2022?
- 7 How to Delete A Payment from Un-Deposited Funds in QuickBooks Desktop 2022
- 8 How to delete deposit in QuickBooks 2019 Version
- 9 How to delete a deposit in QuickBooks 2020?
- 10 How to Recover Accidentally Deleted Deposit in QuickBooks
- 11 Delete A Recorded Deposit in QuickBooks
- 12 How to Delete A Recorded or Duplicate Deposit in QuickBooks
- 13 FAQs
Bank Deposit Accounts Type
There are several bank deposit accounts type there, but some of them are listed below;
- Current Account
- Savings Account
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Call Deposit Account
- Time Deposit Account
Issues that users face while working on QuickBooks Desktop 2022
Users generally ask questions like:
- Delete the deposits in QuickBooks?
- Delete the Deposits in QuickBooks Desktop?
- Remove A Payment from Deposit in QuickBooks?
- Delete a Duplicate Payment in QuickBooks?
- Delete A Payment from Un-Deposited Funds in Quickbooks?
Steps to Delete the Deposits in QuickBooks Desktop 2022
? Open The Window of Make Deposit
Head to Quickbooks Banking Menu >> Open The Make Deposits Window >> All the deposits from your account registration are listed in this window.
? Choose The Deposit Line
In Account Register >> Tap on the Deposite Line You Wish to Delete >> Open The Edit Menu on the Currently Using Screen.
? Tap on Delete Line
To Remove Line from account register & Window of Make Deposits >> Tap on Delete Line.
? Tap on Press & Save
To get the transaction saved & close the window of Make Deposits >> Tap on Press and Save >> This will ensure that the deposit is removed
? Note To Take
- Once the deposit is removed from the window of Make Deposits.
- The payment is placed back to the Undeposited Funds.
- But doesn’t completely get the payment deleted.
How to delete duplicate deposits in QuickBooks Desktop 2022
In QuickBooks, you can easily delete/remove duplicate deposits right from your bank feed. The process may vary depending on the modes that you’re using Here are the steps for the different modes to delete duplicate deposits in QuickBooks:
- Initially, go to the “Banking” option that is on the top menu
- Go to the “Bank Feeds” then “Bank Feeds Center”
- Press the ‘List of transactions’ button
- Look for a duplicate deposit and insert a check mark to select the same deposit
- After that, you move to the Action column and then select the “Ignore” option
- At last, hit “Yes” for confirmation to delete the deposit.
In Register mode
- First of all, select the “Banking” menu
- Go to the “Bank Feeds” then “Bank Feeds Center”
- Now, go to the section of Received From Financial Institution items and pick the statement
- Select ‘View’ afterward
- Verify the relevant transactions and select Done to match them
- In the Not Finished Matching screen, select “Yes”
- And then go back to the Online Banking Center
- Search and choose the same statement from the Items Received From Financial Institution section
- Finally, select “Delete”.
- Go to the Banking section
- Select the Bank Feeds option and then Bank Feeds Center
- Choose the account within the transactions that you wish to delete in the Items Received section
- Choose the Items to Delete
- Along with that select the transactions as well that you wish to delete
- Choose the Delete Selected and then hit “Yes” to confirm the same.
Steps to Delete the Deposits in QuickBooks Desktop 2022
? Log of Deposits from Your Account
Open QuickBooks software >> Browse the banking menu >> Click on the Make Deposits option >> Log of deposits from your account will appear.
? Select List of Deposits
When prompted by the account register window >> Select from the given list the deposits you wish to erase >> Get the Edit menu opened.
? Click on Delete Tab
Click on the Delete tab >> To get rid of the deposit the Make deposits window and likewise from the account register.
? Click on the Save tab then Exit Button
Click on the Save tab so as to apply all the changes that you have made & then Click on the exit button to close the Make Deposits.
? Notes to be Taken
Once the deposit is erased from the recorded list of Make Deposits >> The disbursement will be rolled back to the Funds >> This procedure won’t completely delete the transaction.
Batch delete Deposits in QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, click the QuickBooks icon to open it
- Select the “Lists” bar in the main menu bar
- Using the pull-down menu, you have to select “Charts of Accounts”
- Next, click the open button in order to open your account that contains transactions/deposit that you wish to delete
- Now, scroll down the menu of the transaction within the account screen
- It displays all the transactions and selects the one you want to delete with the most recent which is at the top of your screen
- Once you select the transaction to delete then move to the Edit menu
- And then select the “Delete” option
- To confirm the process, you have to press “Ok”.
You can also repeat the same procedures for other transactions if you have more to delete.
How to Remove A Payment from Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop 2022?
To Remove A Payment from Deposit in QuickBooks follow the steps below;
Total Time: 3 minutes
Open Make Deposit Screen
Go to Quickbooks Homepage >> Click Record Icon >> Open Make Deposit.
Close The Deposit Screen
If you find the “Payment to Deposit Screen” then Click on Cancel Button & Move Ahead.
Look for The Deposit You Want to Remove
Click on Previous Icon >> Now You’re at Intended Screen >> Scroll to Find Deposit.
Click on Edit from the Options
Choose The Payment You Want to Remove >> In Options Click on “Edit”.
Hit the Delete Line
In the Edit Menu >> Click on “Delete Line” to Delete Payment in Quickbooks.
Confirm The Removal
Select “Ok” >> Confirm The Payment Removal >> Click on Save & Close.
How to Delete a Duplicate Payment in QuickBooks Desktop 2022?
If you’ve made a payment twice accidentally & worrying about how to delete duplicate payments. Don’t worry, It can be done through the simple steps mentioned below;
? Open The Company File
Head To QuickBooks >> click on company file >> Open It.
? Choose to Make a Deposit
Hit on the “banking” menu >> Look for Options >> Choose to Make a Deposit.
? Choose The Duplicate Payment Line
Choose the line that is Having duplicate payment >> Click on edit.
? Choose The Delete Line
Click The Drop Down Options >> Choose the “delete line” >> Click on “save to apply” the changes you made.
? Select Charts of Accounts
Head to List Menu >> select “charts of accounts”.
? Choose The Duplicate Payment to Delete
Double-Click on the Un-deposited Funds to bank account register >> choose the duplicate payment.
? Delete The Payment
Hit the edit button >> Select Delete Payment.
How to Delete A Payment from Un-Deposited Funds in QuickBooks Desktop 2022
There are several ways of deleting a payment from undeposited funds, but mentioned below method is easy & quite easy to execute.
? Choose The Chart of Accounts
- Go to Quickbooks Home Page >> Select The Lists Menu >> Choose The Chart Accounts
- Or Hit the Keyboard Shortcut by Pressing “Ctrl+A”.
? Display The Register
To Display The Register for This Type of Funds >> Double Click on “Undeposited Funds”.
? Select the Payment You want to Delete
Review The List of Transactions by Up-Down Scrolling Button >> Select The Payment You Wish To Delete.
? Delete The Payment
Open the “Edit” menu >> click on “Delete Payment” >> Warning Box Appears >> Press “OK” to Delete the Entry.
How to delete deposit in QuickBooks 2019 Version
- Initially, hit the “Record Deposits” icon on the QB home page to open the window of Make Deposits
- Once the window opens then hit “Cancel” to close
- You can skip this step if the window does not appear
- First, to switch to deposits, press the ‘Previous’ button before you find the one you want to delete the payment from
- Pick the charge you’d like to erase
- And then go to the tab “Edit” and press “Delete Line”
- Hit ok and then Yes to confirm that you want to delete that particular transaction
- At last, click “Save & Close” in order to save all the changes that are done and close the Make Deposits window.
How to delete a deposit in QuickBooks 2020?
If you have selected a deposit from the register, you can get the Delete Deposit option from the Edit toolbar. If a single deposit has several deposits, you can only open the transaction and use the Delete Line option instead.
- Very first, go to the Lists option at the top menu bar
- Next, make click on the option named “Charts of Accounts”
- After that, choose “Deposit” by double-clicking on the same
- In case, you wish to delete a specific payment then choose that particular from the appeared list
- Now, move to the “Edit” tab which you find at the top menu bar
- Select the option named “Delete Line”
- Then choose the “Delete Deposit” option if you wish to delete the entire deposit
- Finally, hit “Ok” when it asks you to confirm the delete of the transaction.
How to Recover Accidentally Deleted Deposit in QuickBooks
- Login to Quickbooks
- Click on Create (+) Button.
- Proceed to select bank deposit.
- Click on “Select existing payments” from the options..
- Scroll through all the existing payments.
- Recreate the one you deleted by mistake.
How to get the deposit deleted?
Say for example Sales receipt is created by you for a deposit or donation of $100, then you went to the Record Deposits and get the same deposited. An error was made by you and you wanted to delete the deposit of $100. It is not getting deleted now and you received two warnings.
Warning 1: “You have to get this cash sale deleted from the deposit before you try to edit or delete the amount or name.”
Warning 2: “Payment information cannot be edited in the deposit transaction. i) Get the payment deleted from the deposit. ii) In order to edit it, go to the transaction of the original payment. iii) Get the payment redeposited.”
Now in this scenario, you are unable to understand what to do and how to do it. You go to the Sales receipt the original one and try clicking on the Edit Delete. You received Warning 1. Then you tried making the Sales Receipt amount zero, which also doesn’t work.
You went to make Deposits present under record Deposits and try deleting the information then you received Warning 2.
Now just in case, you wanted to do what has been said in Warning 2, but you don’t know how to do it?
To get the answer to all these issues and other issues as well you can always get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks tech support team on ?smbaccountants.com.
Delete A Recorded Deposit in QuickBooks
QuickBooks can be linked with a bank account for keeping track of deposits. Users can track deposits made to savings, current or money market accounts. Also, transactions are synchronized for keeping track of finances. Interests that users receive on these deposits are also synced with QB. Here, in this article we will learn, how to delete a recorded deposit in Quickbooks.
Unsure of how to create a deposit…? Check out this video…
Since, you will be deleting an entry within the program but if you want to know how to create an entry in the first place then check this out.
Finding particular deposits can be simplified by using the reporting tool of QuickBooks. Reports summarize all the data in their domain. They also contain links to all the transactions and forms that were used for generating the report. For finding a particular deposit, users need to create a deposit detail report. Further, by using reports, users can filter for deposits for particular dates, hence making the search easier.
How to Delete A Recorded or Duplicate Deposit in QuickBooks
To delete a Recorded or Duplicate Deposit in Quickbooks, You have to follow Two step processor. The first one is To locate a Recorded or Duplicate Deposit & the second one is to delete them.
To make the process smoother, Please follow the mentioned below steps:
Step One: Find Recorded or Duplicate Deposit
For finding a recorded deposit, follow the steps given below:
💠 Go to reports from the left navigation panel or from the Create (+) menu.
💠 Search for Deposit Detail Report. QuickBooks smart search will predict and show results as you type.
💠 Set date range for which you want to find the deposit.
💠 Hit Run Report.
💠 Select the report you may want to delete.
Step Two: Delete a recorded deposit with Applied Payments
💠 If you want to delete the entire deposit along with payments applied on it.
💠 Then just hit delete.
💠 QB will erase all the related payments and applied to that particular deposit.
💠 Users can then create a new deposit and apply for payments by downloading transactions from their bank account.
💠 Users who have linked their bank account with Quickbooks can simply sync the transactions for applying payments to deposits.
Related Article: How to record a security deposit in Quickbooks Enterprise?
Delete Payments Applied on A Recorded Deposit
Instead of selecting ‘Delete Deposit’, click on delete the line. This will remove that particular payment from the deposit. After deleting the payment/ line, you can either apply new payments to that deposit or save and close the window.
Undo the recorded Deposit:
- From the left navigation panel, go to Banking.
- Select Record Deposits
- Find the deposit that you want to undo or delete
- Click on edit and hit delete.
This method can be used by users who want to undo a recently recorded deposit. This isn’t a viable option if you want to edit or delete a deposit that was recorded even a month ago. Filtering and searching for deposits through reports would be the best option for finding and deleting particular deposits. QuickBooks also has a Deposit Summary transaction report through which users can track these changes.
Can I delete a duplicate payment in QuickBooks?
Yes, you can delete it by following the process properly so that you won’t make any mistakes in the accounts.
Is there any way to remove undeposited payments?
Yes, follow the process to get it done. The process is Go to Chart of Accounts >> select the Undeposited funds in types >> Now click on the payment you want to delete >> Edit menu >> then click on the Delete option. After that, you are done.
What are the reasons that cause you to delete a deposit in QuickBooks?
The reason can be any like wrongly entered the deposit, or the deposit is Undeposited fund, you have entered one payment more than 1 time, and more.