Sometimes QuickBooks users want to disable the QuickBooks update service to avoid interruption while processing. To disable the service alert, you have to perform a complete procedure and ensure important things regarding software updating.
- 1 Disable QuickBooks Update Service Pop Up
- 2 Should the QuickBooks Automatic Update be used or not
- 3 The following points should be kept in mind about the updates
- 4 Whether Automatic Updates can be used or not?
- 5 FAQs
Disable QuickBooks Update Service Pop Up
If the feature of QuickBooks Automatic Update is enabled by you, then the updates will be downloaded by QuickBooks and then let you know that the updates are ready for installation. There are chances that you don’t want the automatic update to be installed but you will be nagged by the message popping up. Let us tell you how to turn it off.
Let’s first have a look at the QuickBooks Automatic Update’s background
Should the QuickBooks Automatic Update be used or not
Now the answer to this question is not easy. If the supported QuickBooks version is used by you then you will notice that Intuit is pushing the bug fixes or new features through the update mechanism. These updates will be obtained by the feature of Automatic Update and they will forward it to your system and ask you whether you want them installed when you will start using QuickBooks next time.
The following points should be kept in mind about the updates
- Once the process of updating gets started it takes time.
- Sometimes converting a file is required for the process of updating. This may include taking the backup, shutting down the process of your business for some time, or getting everybody out of the program
- If the updates are installed by one user then every other user has to get the update installed.
Whether Automatic Updates can be used or not?
Important: It happens many time that updates that you receive may be important to fix some significant bugs. For example: your sales tax feature is having a bug and which is also having impact on the report and it should need fixation. Here, keeping your product up-to-date becomes very important.
It could be a Pain: When an update notice appears on your screen it isn’t at all difficult to say yes for an install. The feature is not controlled centrally and notice is seen by every user. Someone might be bound to tap on Install Now at a time which is not appropriate.
Also Find : No Version of QuickBooks was Found to Update
Stopping the Automatic Update
If you are receiving the message that says that there is an update that is ready to install, you have to get it installed right away. Maybe you are not willing to see that message as there are chances that someone may click the button Install Now.
This message could also occur even when the update is already been installed by you and the message is of no use, except that it will bother you. Your biggest concern at this time is going to be how this message could be stopped?
To do that:
- Go to QuickBooks and choose Help after that select Update QuickBooks. Then find the location of the download in the Options tab. Keep this location in mind
- After locating the folder, you will be able to see the number of other subfolders too
- Delete every folder like Guide, Patch, etc
- When you will start QuickBooks after doing this, then QuickBooks will try to find these folders and as they no more exist, you won’t be anymore promoted to get the updates installed
- Important to Remember: Before deleting make sure you check the Patch folder. File with the AboutPatch.htm could be present there. All the changes are listed in this file. This information could prove to be very helpful sometime
In order to get the answers to all your queries and questions, you can anytime get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks tech support helpdesk on smbaccountants.com. Experts at SMB QuickBooks customer support team will ensure that that your issues are resolved instantly.
How would I be able to turn off pop-ups in QuickBooks?
💠 First of all, open your QuickBooks and hit click on the “Edit Menu” option.
💠 From the available preferences left-side pane, you have to choose the “General” option.
💠 Hit the next click on the “My Preferences” folder and then move forward to check the box which is just next to turn off Pop-up messages for all products and services.
💠 After the completion of the process, click on the OK button.
Is it important to update QuickBooks?
The answer is No you don’t need to “upgrade” each year, a few clients are as yet utilizing the previous edition.
💠 Most of the users update the most recent release to meet new and improved features.
💠 If you upgrade your PC along with OS, you will at last find that your old programming won’t run right anymore.
💠 Yet, you should “update” your current form each time another assistance release is given.
How would I disable QuickBooks?
💠 First of all, open your QuickBooks and go to the “Start” menu, and then hit click on the “All Programs” option.
💠 After that, you have to choose the “Startup” option trailed by QuickBooks.
💠 Now, enter your Right-click “Trade Data With Web Services” and then next to choose the “Erase” trailed by “Yes” to disable the QuickBooks Web Connector from consequently launching at startup.