QuickBooks has remained a top accounting solution for years, and QuickBooks 2016 is an appropriate version that can assist you in achieving your business goals. If you’re a small or mid-sized business owner who switches to QuickBooks, you’ll get the most recent version of the software right away. If you’re already a QuickBooks user, you’ll need to upgrade your software whenever a new service or feature is released.
There are a lot of factors that make the QuickBooks 2016 version a better option, the most important of which is stability and reliability. This article is created to guide you on how to download QuickBooks 2016 and everything that you need to know about this version.
However, QuickBooks not only improves the performance of the software but it also makes it more productive including many common fixes and errors automatically. Let’s explore everything about QuickBooks Desktop 2016 version in this particular guide.
- 1 Prerequisites Things Before Downloading & Installing QuickBooks Desktop
- 2 How to Download QuickBooks 2016, Install & Activate on Your Desktop
- 3 Download Different Editions of QuickBooks 2016
- 4 System Requirements of QuickBooks Desktop 2016
- 5 System Requirements of QuickBooks for Mac 2016
- 6 New & Enhanced Features of QuickBooks Desktop 2016
- 7 Benefits of Download QuickBooks Desktop 2016
- 8 FAQs
- 8.1 How can I activate the QuickBooks Desktop for my Windows?
- 8.2 How to download the installation file of updates in QuickBooks?
- 8.3 How Can I find my license number and product number if I have downloaded them from the website?
- 8.4 Is QuickBooks Pro 2016 compatible with Mac?
- 8.5 Is Intuit providing the support if I have to ask something about the system requirements of QuickBooks Desktop 2016?
- 8.6 What is the software compatibility of Microsoft in System Requirements QuickBooks Desktop 2016?
- 8.7 Is there any additional software or additional system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2016?
- 8.8 What to do if I face errors after downloading QuickBooks 2016 version?
- 8.9 How long is QuickBooks good for?
- 8.10 How do I check my QuickBooks version within software?
Prerequisites Things Before Downloading & Installing QuickBooks Desktop
If you’re already using QB and planning to download 2016 version then make sure keep the below things in mind:
1. Create a Company File Backup
It is suggested that you create a company file backup because if anything goes wrong during the installation process, you won’t lose any of your data.
- Open QuickBooks and then move to the File menu >>> Back Up Company
- Next, select the option “Create Local Backup”
- And then perform instructions that appear on your screen in order to create a company file backup.
Verify and Rebuild the Company File
Before you download QuickBooks 2016 version, it is a good idea to verify and Rebuild the company file for a Data Integrity check-up.
To verify the data
- Go to the File menu >>> Utilities >>> Verify Data
- To close all the open windows, click on the “Ok” button
- If QuickBooks doesn’t detect any issue with your data then click “Ok”.
To rebuild the data
- Go to the File menu >>> Utilities >>> Rebuild Data
- Click on the “Ok” button and then select “Save” in order to create a backup
- Once the Rebuild has been completed then click on “View results”.
How to Download QuickBooks 2016, Install & Activate on Your Desktop
QuickBooks Desktop is one-time purchase software that offers a cloud-based subscription service. This indicates that you can easily access the entire database from anywhere and anytime without any hassle. The below procedure can help you to download and install QuickBooks Desktop 2016.
Step by step instructions to download QuickBooks 2016
Carry out each and every step very carefully for successful download QuickBooks 2016 version:
Step 1: Purchase the QuickBooks Desktop 2016
- First, visit the Intuit website to purchase the product
- Next, choose the QuickBooks version along with the number of users
- And then click on the “Buy Now” button
- If you want to buy QuickBooks products with payroll then choose the correct payroll subscription
- Otherwise, click on “Continue without Payroll” and then click “Checkout”
- Now, enter the respective information if you want to purchase QB such as contact or payment information
- If you are already a QuickBooks user then click “Sign in” in order to login to the existing account
- After that, perform the instructions to finish the purchase order.
Step 2: Download the QuickBooks Desktop 2016
After purchasing QuickBooks Desktop 2021, you are now ready to begin downloading it. A confirmation email with your product details and a download link has been sent to you.
You can also manually download the software by following the steps below:
- Visit the QuickBooks Downloads website and then click “Standard Setup”
- Select the Country and then choose QB Product as QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, etc
- After that, choose version as 2016 and then hit the “Search” button
- In the end, click “Downloads”.
Because the file size is huge, depending on your internet speed, it may take some time to download. Make sure you continue to install QuickBooks once the download is complete.
How to Install QuickBooks 2016 on different edition of systems
- Start with clicking the .exe file to install the QuickBooks 2016 version
- Next, click “Yes” to allow the UAC permissions, if asks
- Now, you are supposed to click “Next” in order to start extracting the files
- After that, click on the “Accept & Continue” button
- Once done then accept the License Agreement followed by “Next”
- Enter the License and Product Number and then hit “Next”
- Choose the Installation Type: “Express” or “Custom and Network” Options
- Express Installation: It is suggested by Intuit that if you’re using QuickBooks on a single PC where your company files are located then you have to use this installation type. It will also replace the current version and use the existing settings.
- Custom and Network Installation: This option is useful when the company files are located on the network or server.
- Once you choose the installation options then you have to hit “Next”
- Now, you can see a window where it asks you to replace the current version which is already installed on your PC and then click “Next”
- The installation process will start and it may takes few time to install on your system
- After the installation completes, click on the “Open QuickBooks”.
Once the QuickBooks Desktop is successfully installed on your PC then you’re required to activate the software and follow the further steps provided below.
Activate QuickBooks Desktop
After installing the product, you’re required to activate your QuickBooks Desktop 2016 version manually with the help of below steps:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Move to the Help menu >>>> Activate QuickBooks Desktop
- Perform the instructions that appear on your screen in order to verify the information.
QuickBooks is now ready to use. It’s time to either establish a new business file (for new users) or restore the existing company file (for experienced users).
Download Different Editions of QuickBooks 2016
QuickBooks is available in a variety of editions, catering to businesses of all sizes. The most basic needs of most businesses are met by QuickBooks Pro, while Enterprise Solutions (QuickBooks’ most sophisticated and capable edition) provides expanded functionality and speed for even the smallest of organizations. Let’s delve into different editions of QuickBooks 2016 in detail
The workhorse desktop edition of QuickBooks is QuickBooks Pro. It allows 3 users access to the same company file at the same time. It has features for invoicing, entering and paying bills, job costing, creating estimates, saving and distributing reports and forms as email attachments, budgeting, projecting cash flow, tracking mileage, customizing forms, customizing prices with price levels, printing shipping labels, and integrating with Word, Excel, and hundreds of other applications.
Download Quickbooks Desktop Pro Version
Another multi user edition is QuickBooks Premier (up to five simultaneous users). It can manage inventory items that are assembled from other products and components, make purchase orders from sales orders and estimates, apply pricing levels to specific things, export report templates, create budgets and forecasts, and operate with various units of measurement for items. It also contains additional capabilities such as reversing journal entries and enhanced invoicing for time and costs. You can choose from six industry-specific editions including Contractor, General Business, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Professional Services, Nonprofit, and Retail when purchasing QuickBooks Premier.
Download Quickbooks Desktop Premier 2016 Version
Enterprise Solutions is the edition designed for medium-sized businesses. It outperforms its siblings in terms of speed, size, and durability. A corporate file can be accessed by up to 30 users at once, and this access is at least twice as fast as in the Pro or Premier editions. The Customer, Vendor, Employee, and Other Names lists in the program’s database can hold over 100,000 names. It can track inventory across numerous warehouses or stores and generate consolidated data for all of them. Because more people can access your company file at the same time, this edition includes features like a more comprehensive audit trail, additional options for assigning or limiting user permissions, and the ability to outsource administrative duties to other users.
Download Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise 2016 Version
In the year 2016, QuickBooks Desktop for Mac comes with numerous improvements and performs much better and runs faster than previous versions. The features to adjust columns on forms such as invoices and payments, as well as the ability to print directly onto envelopes rather than just labels, are among the new capabilities. Timesheets are also simpler to fill out, allowing you to devote more time to other duties.
Download QuickBooks Mac Desktop 2016 Version
Intuit’s QB 2016 released various tools that were previously only available to accountants. Users may now use these features to write off invoices as bad debt, find account discrepancies using prior account balances, manage lists more actively with QB’s review list modifications function, and more easily separate books by time and year with period copy reporting capabilities.
Download QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2016 Version
System Requirements of QuickBooks Desktop 2016
- Disk space: 2.5Gb of disk space
- Minimum 2 GB of RAM
- Having 250 MB for Microsoft .NET number runtime
- Processor: 2 GHz (minimum)
- RAM: 4 GB minimum (8GB required)
- Windows: US version for US QuickBooks software and Canadian version for Canadian QuickBooks software
- Screen Resolution: 1024*768
- Optical drive: 4*CD-ROM drive is required for CD installations
- Internet access is also mandatory
- US version is required
- Server RAM requirements:
- 0-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10+ Users: 12GB RAM
- 15+ Users: 16GB RAM
- 20+ Users: 20+GB RAM
Operating System supported
- Windows 10, 64-bit in all editions, only QuickBooks 2016 R7 and Enterprises 16.0 R7 required.
- Window 7, 64-bit in all editions, and Windows 8.1 (64-bit) are required
- Natively installed Windows Vista with 64-bit (all editions) required
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 having 24-bit required
- Windows Server 2012, Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- Windows: natively installed & Windows 8, Windows 7 or Vista (SP2) with UAC on, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 – Terminal Server Config., Windows Server 2003 (SP2)*, and Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Linux: Important System Requirements for QuickBooks 2016 Desktop only installed with QBES database server ex: open suse 13.1, red hat 6.8, and fedora 20.
Required Similarly Among Firewall/Antivirus Software
- Microsoft security essentials
- Window Vista Firewall
- Windows Server Firewall (All Editions)
- Windows 8, and 8.1
- 4 GB RAM minimum required (8 GB RAM is recommended)
- Minimum 2.4 GHz processor required
- Server RAM Requirements:
- 0-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10+ Users: 12GB RAM
- 15+ Users: 16GB RAM
- 20+ Users 20+GB RAM
- Display optimized for 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 Extended monitors
- 4x CD-ROM drive required for CD installations
- Best optimized for Default DPI setting (96 DPI or 100%). Additionally, medium DPI (120 DPI or 110%) is supported to ensure an optimal experience for 110% scaling.
- U.S. version
- Regional Settings are supported when set to English (United States) with keyboard setting to U.S. only
- Administrator Rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi User Access
- Natively installed
- Internet access is required
- Disk space requirements:
- 2.5 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
- Additional software: 250 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.0 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings
- Require minimum 2.0 GB Ram
- Twice the size of the largest File set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”.
QuickBooks has the ability to integrate with a wide range of third-party applications. QuickBooks comes with the following integrations; however, additional RAM will make these functions more useful.
- Lacerte 2016 and 2014
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2010 and Office 2013/365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit. (Note: Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.)
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2013, 2010, or 2007 (32 bit)
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2013, 2010, or 2007.
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge).
- Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. If a sync is performed, duplicate records could result
- QuickBooks Point of Sale 2014 (V12.0), V11.0 , V10.0
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner functionality and viewing forms requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later.
- TurboTax 2016 and 2014 (Personal and Business)
- Pro-Series tax years 2016 and 2014
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016
- Internet Explorer 11, 10, and 9.
System Requirements of QuickBooks for Mac 2016
- Multi-User Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run the server
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs
- CD/DVD drive (or Internet connection) for installation
- Mac OS X v10.10 (Yosemite)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended)
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher
- Product registration required
- 250 MB of available disk space
- Checks: Use Intuit Checks if you plan to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Cheques are not supported
- Accepting credit and debit cards directly into QuickBooks 2016 for Mac requires Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac (sold separately); subject to application approval and debit card transactions are processed as Signature Debit, which does not require entering a PIN code.
- Export report data requires Apple Numbers ’09; Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 for Mac
- Processing payroll, integrated with QuickBooks for Mac, requires paid subscription (sold separately), EIN and Internet access. QuickBooks 2016 for Mac works with Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac
- Top Pay may differ from those of QuickBooks.
- System requirements for Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac and Aatrix
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 supports round tripping with QuickBooks for Windows 2016
- iCal/Calendar, iChat and Address Book/Contacts are included in Mac OS X installs from Apple, Inc
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 supports one-way conversion from QuickBooks for Windows 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016
- Email requires Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage 2008 or Outlook 2011 for Mac
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac requires Internet connection and Adobe Reader to print checks and forms; additional fees apply
New & Enhanced Features of QuickBooks Desktop 2016
Despite the fact that the tax code grows and shrinks each year, accounting and bookkeeping methods remain relatively constant. Although the modifications in QuickBooks 2016 are primarily minor tweaks and improvements, some of them may be exactly what you’ve been looking for:
Here are the new and improved features of QuickBooks Desktop 2016 version:
- Bill Tracker: This new feature works similarly to the Income Tracker, and gives you an instant view of “money-out” transactions. You can view all of your outstanding bills, item receipts, and purchase orders in one convenient location. Multiple reports are no longer required.
- Auto Copy Ship-To Address: There is no need to manually input the address from your sales order when creating a purchase order from a sales order or estimate. Simply mark a box to copy the ship-to address, and QuickBooks will handle the rest. Unfortunately, QuickBooks Pro does not include this feature.
- Continuous Feed Label Printer Support: In addition to label sheets, you may also print on single-roll continuous labels.
- Payments Screen Search Options: In the payment screen, you can now sort by any column to discover the transaction you’re looking for without having to scroll through pages of transactions.
- Streamlined Upgrade Experience: The upgraded feature makes a backup file using a new, easier dialogue to upgrade an existing file.
- Fiscal Year-to-Last Month report filter: You will be able to construct a “This Year to Last Month” report in addition to all the reports available in previous versions of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Statement Writer: If you have Microsoft Office 2013, the QuickBooks 2016 installation program will patch your machine to allow QuickBooks Statement Writer to work.
- Bulk Clear Send Forms: This is a quick and easy approach to picking and removing numerous documents from the transmit queue.
- Updated Insights tab: Three graphs were introduced to the Home window’s Insights tab (The Insights Tab) in one of QuickBooks 2015’s mid-year updates. For the date range you pick, the Net Profit Margin graph compares your company’s net profit margin for this year with last year. The Business Growth graph compares your total income over time; on the right, you can see the change in total income in dollars and percentages.
- Comments attributions in reports: In QuickBooks 2015, Intuit has introduced an option to add comments to reports in order to provide feedback or ask questions. But what happens if a report receives multiple comments? The Comments pane in QuickBooks 2016 helps QuickBooks users to create or update each comment on a report. That way, you’ll know who to contact if you have any questions or want to clarify something.
- Column-search feature in the Modify Report dialog box: Start typing the name of the field you wish to locate in the Modify Report dialogue box’s Search Columns box (on the Display tab) when you want to change the columns that show in a report. The drop-down list filters as you type to show fields that match the letters you’ve written so far. Simply click the field you want when you see it.
Benefits of Download QuickBooks Desktop 2016
Overall, QuickBooks 2016 is packed with multiple benefits. Below listed are the new and improved features that can benefit you and your business:
- QuickBooks 2016 allows users to deal with many files in a smooth manner to speed up accounting activities. Separate copies are also offered to different users working on the same material, as well as an accounting communication option.
- Additional filters and improved data update, verification, and rebuilding options have also been added to report creation.
- QuickBooks 2016 brings a slew of enhancements over the previous version. However, these changes may not seem noteworthy on paper. But on the other hand, the convenience they provide when used simultaneously is rather astounding. To begin, QB 2016 has a revamped interface that allows you to keep better track of your bills. It may take a few moments to adjust to this new situation. Billing becomes more straightforward once you’re used to it.
- The deletion of transactions has also been increased. Bulk transactions can now be deleted or voided all at once. This tool which comes with filters for selecting transactions in bulk can save a lot of space on the machine or in the cloud.
- The existing files’ dependability is an interesting and nice upgrade. Backups are better kept with QB 2016 while working on the existing database.
- Features like Laser printer compatibility for label printing, Auto-copy of the shipping address, and others are industry-specific and will assist some users but not all.
- Invoice creator has an innovative function that helps in the management of funds and the right handling of numerous obstacles.
- In addition, if necessary, QuickBooks Enterprise 2016 allows you to override any pricing rule at the time of a single transaction. The ability to make rules exclusive is another useful feature of the Rule Editor.
- The ability to generate reports about sales, taxes, and financing is another useful feature of the application.
- There is a feature that allows you to back up and recover your data automatically.
- The capacity to track information for making rapid and appropriate decisions is another major feature of QuickBooks Desktop 2016.
- Moreover, QuickBooks has the ability to organize finances and payroll with ease in one place.
You Might Also be Interested
- Download Quickbooks 2014: (Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Mac & Accountant)
- QuickBooks 2012 Download: (Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Mac & Accountant)
- Download Quickbooks 2019: (Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Mac & Accountant)
- Download Quickbooks 2017: (Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Mac & Accountant)
QuickBooks is a more efficient accounting program that keeps its users up to date with the most recent tools and improvements. QuickBooks 2016 is packed with numerous features that make your tasks much easier: making bills, custom invoices, printing checks, paying checks, managing lists, and finding inconsistencies. Moreover, it includes new tools and improvements for CPAs and SMPs, as well as better reports and other features. Though QuickBooks 2016 version services are discontinued but you can still use this QB version for your business. So, what are you waiting for? Just go and grab the benefits by downloading the QuickBooks 2016 version on your system.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
How can I activate the QuickBooks Desktop for my Windows?
💠 Open QuickBooks Desktop
💠 Hit on the F2 button
💠 It will display a product information window.
💠 You need to check the registration status appearing near the license number.
💠 Check the status is Activated, then it’s all set, and if it is not Activated, then choose the Ok button to close the window.
💠 Now Locate the Help option, and hit on Activate QuickBooks.
How to download the installation file of updates in QuickBooks?
💠 Open the Download & Update page.
💠 Choose the country, version, and product.
💠 Hit on the Download option
How Can I find my license number and product number if I have downloaded them from the website?
You can get the license and product numbers by locating the confirmation email you get while purchasing QuickBooks. In case you purchased from any retail shop, then you need to check the folder panel where the CD appears.
Is QuickBooks Pro 2016 compatible with Mac?
QuickBooks Pro is for Desktop Windows version for Mac if you have QB 2016 for Mac. And yes, QuickBooks Pro 2016 is compatible with Mac. You are only required to use Virtual Operating Systems that are embedded in Mac like VMware fusion, Parallel, or Virtual Box. Moreover, you can use cloud service as it provides you with the liberty to access QuickBooks Desktop along the Mac and Windows Desktop.
Is Intuit providing the support if I have to ask something about the system requirements of QuickBooks Desktop 2016?
No, Intuit is no longer providing any kind of support for QB Desktop 2016. You must connect with the third-party QuickBooks help desk team to get all the answers and solutions for your glitches. They are available 365 days a year via email, live chat, or toll-free number.
What is the software compatibility of Microsoft in System Requirements QuickBooks Desktop 2016?
The software system requirement of Microsoft Office in QuickBooks Desktop 2016 version is as follows:
1. For exporting reports it required Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, or 2013
2. Office 2013 or 365 and Office 2010 which also includes Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010 on both 32-bit and 64-bit computers.
3. Contact synchronization with MS Outlook required 2007, 2010, and 2013
4. Preparing letters required Microsoft Word 2007, 2010, and 2013.
Is there any additional software or additional system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2016?
The additional requirements for Intuit or additional software requirements come under the Hardware system requirements:
1. ***RAM 2.0 GB minimum required
2. Additional software required: ***250 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.0 runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
3. ***You have to set the backup to twice the size of the largest file + 100 MB or twice the size to restore the backup. This space is required for the work folder only.
4. LocalApplicationData + Intuit\Intuit Data Protect.
What to do if I face errors after downloading QuickBooks 2016 version?
You can try downloading QuickBooks File Doctor and then try to open the file by copying it to a different location. Check if all the programs in your system can be accessed or not. And also check the Firewall Settings.
How long is QuickBooks good for?
Any version of QuickBooks except the Enterprise version is good for three years from the date of launch. However, you can still use the software after it expires, but you can’t access the online services that use QuickBooks servers.
How do I check my QuickBooks version within software?
You simply have to press the F2 key from your console in order to open the Product Information window and it will display the QuickBooks version that you’re currently using.