The error usually occurs due to damaged file or incorrect file settings. If you see multiple errors and you see specific file extensions. qbprefs.dll, ICWrapper.dll, qbupdate.exe and RcnFndRequestHandler.dllthen damaged component will cause the problem in Microsoft Visual C++.
This error usually occurs when user tries to install QuickBooks Desktop when user upgrades its operating system as Windows 7 or Windows vista and you have not restarted your system right after the upgrade.
- 1 How to get Error 1904 Module Failed to Register Quickbooks resolved?
- 2 FAQs
How to get Error 1904 Module Failed to Register Quickbooks resolved?
There may be some situations when you need different approach to get your issues solved.If you face or find any of the case mentioned below, we suggest you to run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
To run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Close the error pop-up and complete the installation. Do not let QuickBooks Desktop Software close.
- Restart your system.
- If the installation remains incomplete, download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run it on the system.
- Restart your system.
- If the issue still doesn’t get resolved, activate QuickBooks built in Admin and install QuickBooks with built-in admin account.
1. Step One: Open with Built-in Admin
- Press windows key once from your keyboard.
- Now, type CMD. Right-click CMD–> Open Command Prompt–> open cmd.exe and then click on Run as Admin.
- In Command Prompt, open as user Admin –> select Yes and then press Enter. (Tip to focus: If you face error, click on user administrator –>active instead.)
- You can use Additional information in Microsoft Safe Mode.
2. Step Two: Switch to the Built- in Admin Account
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from your keyboard and then select Switch User.
- For Windows 8 users: Open Windows key and then select user icon on the top right of your screen.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from keyboard and then open default admin account.
3. Step Three: Hide the Built in Admin account as it was before
- Press windows key from your keyboard.
- Now, type CMD. Right-click on CMD–>Command Prompt –>cmd.exe and then press on run as an admin.
- Now, see in the command prompt, open administrator/active: click on no and then press enter.
4. Step Four: Make some changes in installation directory Security Settings
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Now, open properties of common file folder by clicking right on it.
- Now, click Edit in security Tab.
- Now, click on user in Group and User names
- Now, you need to give following permissions to the user in Permission for user button.
- Read & Execute
- List Folder Contents
- Now, select apply and then click on yes.
5. Step Five: Install QuickBooks
- Now, try to install your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you install QuickBooks Desktop, log-in with original user account.
SMBAccountants is a dedicated platform to answer all your queries related to all the accounting software. Our best quality service and expert professionals bring boost to provide best services every time. You can find all connectivity channels on our website.
You can also find all the information and solution that is uploaded by our Technical staff in order to provide handy assistance. You call us on our Toll-Free Phone Number ?smbaccountants.com to get your issue listened with all years or avail our Live Chat Support and get solution and information according to your convenience round the clock.
What are the reasons that cause this error?
? The installation source has some issues
? Few components are missing, damaged, or corrupted
? There are permission issues of reading and write in the hard drive
? No update of the system or your software, so you have to update it.
Can I resolve it by doing manual solutions?
Yes, you can do manual solutions to resolve it. These solutions are:-
? Clean install QuickBooks software
? Uninstall of the QuickBooks Desktop
? You can run the Diagnostic Tool of QuickBooks
? Also, rename the folders of QuickBooks software
What is the important reason that the 1904 module failed to register QuickBooks?
The main reason is that there is a file or component that is damaged, missing, or corrupted. The file location may be wrong that is why your file is missing while running the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- QuickBooks Payroll Banking Error
- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060
- Overflow Error in QuickBooks
- Quickbooks Unable To Rebuild
- QuickBooks Error 6210
- Quickbooks Not Sending Invoices via Email
- QuickBooks Data Recovery: How to Recover Deleted QB Files?
- Error 1904 Module Failed to Register Quickbooks
- QuickBooks Error Code 15270
- Quickbooks Unable to Register? – [Solved]