Product details are compulsory to install the QuickBooks application. Without the license number and product number, you can use QB. But it is often when you lose your QuickBooks product or license number. If you’re going through the same situation then don’t worry as this blog covers all the relevant information to find the QuickBooks version by product number.
- 1 List of QuickBooks versions
- 2 QuickBooks Desktop including Enterprise, Premier or Pro
- 3 Knowing the last QuickBooks version used for opening the file
- 4 QuickBooks for the Mac for US only
- 5 QSW or QuickBooks Statement Writer
- 6 QuickBooks Enhanced or Basic or Payroll for US only
- 7 POS or QuickBooks Point of Sale for US only
- 8 QuickBooks Payments or QuickBooks Merchant Services for US only
- 9 FAQs
List of QuickBooks versions
Checking the product version as well as the Release of QuickBooks is important for any QuickBooks user. Before you start troubleshooting the QuickBooks product error, it is better to have the information of the release and version. It will help you to update QuickBooks as required.
QuickBooks Desktop including Enterprise, Premier or Pro
- In order to know the release as well as version, while you are on the QuickBooks, press the F2 key. Now on the window of Product Information, check Product Line.
- In order to get the QuickBooks Desktop update for Windows, make sure that automatic update is turned on by you, which allows QuickBooks to get the latest updates downloaded, no matter whether the program is running or not. If you do not want to use this feature then ensure that QuickBooks is updated manually atleast once in a month.
Knowing the last QuickBooks version used for opening the file
- On the QuickBooks Desktop, make sure that press the key F2 or Ctrl+1
- Then go to the window of Product Information, search Versions Used on the File section
QuickBooks for the Mac for US only
- In order to see and know the release and version, while working on QuickBooks Desktop, first of all go to Help meu and then to Product Information
- For updating QuickBooks Desktop for Mac get the QuickBooks Desktop updated either automatically or manually
QSW or QuickBooks Statement Writer
1. In order to check the release and version of QSW:
- On QuickBooks Desktop firstly go to Reports menu then to the QSW or QuickBooks Statement Writer
- As soon the program open up, select Help and then About QuickBooks Statement Writer. You will be able see the information of version in About Window
2. To get the QuickBooks Statement Writer updated
- Get the QuickBooks Statement Writer opened
- Then choose Help Center and then select Update
QuickBooks Enhanced or Basic or Payroll for US only
1. To get the payroll version checked:
- On the QuickBooks Desktop, firstly go to Employees menu and then to Payroll Center
- Select the tab of Payroll in order to view the window of Subscription Status
2. Make sure that Payroll tab is selected so that you are able to view the window of Subscription Status
- By downloading payroll tax table which is the updated one, you will be able able to get the latest payroll update downloaded
POS or QuickBooks Point of Sale for US only
- In order to have a look on release and version of POS, go firstly to Help menu and then to About Point of Sale. Version and edition will appear at the top of Product line
- In order to get the QuickBooks Point of Sale updates installed and downloaded:
1. Updating Manually
- Go to web page of Downloads and Update
- Now from the drop-down of Select Product choose the QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Now from the drop-down of Select Edition make sure that appropriate edition is chosen
- Then from the drop-down of Select Version get the appropriate year or version chosen
- Then select the Search
- After that choose Get latest updates and then make sure that file is saved to the download update
- As soon as the download gets complete, click twice on install file. Once the installation is properly complete, you may have to get the Window’s restarted
- You can get the manual updates installed across the network by:
- Getting the access of install file on your system from the other system
- Get the install file copied to the flash drive and after that to desktop of the other system
2. Updating Automatically
1. Option One: Using Point of Sale updater of QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Help menu and then select the Software Updates after that select Check for Updates
- Select the button of Update now radio and then click on OK
- Once you see the message which says that Update Complete, get the QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop closed and then do not forget to restart your system
2. Option Two:
Get the download done automatically in future
By opting this option, you will be able to get the future updates downloaded automatically as soon as they get released
- Go to Help menu and select the Software Updates and then Updater Preference
- To get the automatic updates turned on, go to General tab and select the button of radio to get the Automatic download updates
- If you are willing to get the automatic downloads shared with other computers as well on your network, then go to the tab of Shared Downloads and choose Yes
- After that click on OK
QuickBooks Payments or QuickBooks Merchant Services for US only
For Merchant Payments and Services, there is no release or version available as QuickBooks is used for the entry point for Merchant Services server.
To get the solution of this problem or any other issues, you can get in touch with the SMB QuickBooks customer support team. SMB QuickBooks tech support helpdesk is ready to serve you anytime. You can get in touch on ?smbaccountants.com.
How do I find the product information of QuickBooks Desktop?
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, or Enterprise then you can follow these steps:
? Launch your QuickBooks Desktop
? Press F2 from your keyboard and then the product information window open
? Here you can check out the product name, product number lookup, license number lookup
? Look for the release that you find at the end of the product name
? In the “Version Used on the File” section, you can search your version.
How to get product information for MAC in QuickBooks
Open your QB Desktop for Mac and then go to the Help menu. Hit the option “Product Information” to get the details. Here you can find all the information which you want.
What are the steps to get product details of QuickBooks Point of Sales (POS)?
Go to the Help menu and select the option named “About POS”. Look for the version and edition within the product line.
- Best Printer for Quickbooks Enterprise & Online 2015, 2016 Checks
- QuickBooks Won’t Open In Windows
- How do I download QuickBooks to the another computer
- How To Adjust Payroll Liabilities In Quickbooks
- QuickBooks Copy Company File with No Transactions
- Quickbooks Error Unable to Open Company File
- Connect Bank Account to Quickbooks Desktop
- QuickBooks Error 6147
- Enter Payroll in QuickBooks Manually
- Pay Multiple Invoices with One Check QuickBooks