- 1 Process of Adding Users to QuickBooks
- 2 For the users of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
- 3 Hiding the Account Balances from the Users who are Unauthorized
Process of Adding Users to QuickBooks
Learn How One add user to quickbooks enterprise with following these six simple steps.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Go to home screen and then tap on Gear Menu after that beneath the heading of column, which says, Your Company, choose the tab of Manage Users
Open up The New User Settings
Open the page of Manage Users and then tap on New, in order to get the menu of user settings opened up
Choosing the User Type
💠 Choose the type for the user you are going to add.
💠 From the given options, select the appropriate user.
💠 In case the relevant type is not available then choose first option for the Regular or Custom User and then tap on Next
Setting the Access Rights for the Users
💠 To grant the restricted access to your user, select Limited and define which item can be accessed by the user
💠 Select All, if you are willing to give the unrestricted rights of access to the user
Setting the Administrative Rights of the Users
💠 Administrative rights can be selected by you for your user related to the QuickBooks company file of yours
💠 Administrative rights of new users can be set, in order to ensure that they are able to view the tab of Manage Users but can’t delete users, add users or change the access rights.
💠 For this, you have to choose the button present adjacent to View Manage Users beneath the user.
💠 Then take a look at the settings of Company Information. If you are willing, then the access of View Only can be granted to the user for Company Information. But if in case, you want to grant the permission to the new user, so that he can edit the Company Information then choose the option of Edit
Entering the Email Address of New User
Get the email address and name of the new user entered in the text boxes and then once you are done, click on the Next
Done with Adding the User
💠 Tap on Finish once you are done
💠 The new user of yours, will receive the email, along with the link to the QuickBooks account of yours
💠 If they haven’t used the QuickBooks before, then they have to get the password as well as login name generated
For the users of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
- View-only user can be created only in the QuickBooks desktop Enterprise version
- If you change the access for the role of one user, the access for other users will also get changed, who are having the same role. In case you are willing to make changes in the access of just one user, then duplicate that role and then get this duplicate role assigned to that particular user, after that get the permissions edited for duplicate role
- In case you are willing to modify the exiting user then choose Edit User. In order to have a look on the restriction which was decided for this profile, get the user highlighted and then choose View User
1. Users and Restrictions in QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the menu of Company and then choose Set Up Users and Password and then select Users
- Then select the Add User
- After that fill the fields which says, User Name after that the Password and then Confirm Password. After that select Next
- On the window of Access for user, select what you want the user to access in the QuickBooks and then tap on Next
- Once you are done, click on Finish
Accounts receivables, credit card accounts, bank, accounts receivable gets displayed on the Home Page. If you want to restrict the user from viewing the account balances, then you can restrict the access rights of the users.
- Go to the menu of Company and then select the Set Up Users and Password and after that select Set Up Users
- Get the user highlighted and after that click on Edit User
- Tap on radio button which says, Selected areas of QuickBooks, after that keep tapping on Next, until you reach the page of Sensitive Accounting Activities
- Click on No Access
- Then keep on clicking on Next, till the time you are at the end, after that click on Finish
Issues Faced by the Users
How additional users are added to QuickBooks?
You are a company administrator, still you can’t add the new user? How this issue will be resolved?
Need Experts Help?
If you too have such confusion, then get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks technical support team. Experienced professionals at SMB QuickBooks tech support helpdesk will serve you in best possible way. Dial our smbaccountants.com, if you want to have a direct conversation with our experts.
- Print bill payment stub quickbooks online 2013 to 2016
- Enter Customer Deposits in Quickbooks
- Quickbooks Fund transfer form one bank to another
- Enable QuickBooks Online Progress Invoicing
- Install & Set up QuickBooks Enterprise
- Add A Bank Account in Quickbooks 2016 & 2017
- Memorized Reports in Quickbooks Pro & Online 2014 to 2017
- Create Progress Invoicing in QuickBooks for Long Job
- Inter company journal entry: How to do that in quickbooks online 2015?
- How to Record a credit card chargeback in Quickbooks?