- 1 Create A Backup of Your Company Data
- 2 How to Make Multiple Items Inactive in Quickbooks desktop, Online, Premier?
- 2.1 1. Look for the list
- 2.2 2. Choose Make Item Inactive
- 2.3 3. Choose Yes or No Option
- 2.4 4. Mark The “Include Inactive” Checkbox
- 2.5 5. Display Inactivated list Items
- 2.6 6. Click on “All” option
- 2.7 7. Take a quick look
- 2.8 8. A New Column will Show Up
- 2.9 9. All Inactive Items are in the column
- 2.10 10. Reactivate a Item
- 3 How to Delete Multiple Items in QuickBooks
- 4 How to Delete Multiple Inventory Items in Quickbooks desktop, Online, Premier?
- 5 How Do I Delete Multiple Accounts in Quickbooks?
- 6 FAQs
Create A Backup of Your Company Data
Before doing any items Inactive or delete in quickbooks, make sure to take a backup of company data. For doing so, you just have to follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- Head to File Menu in Navigation
- Look for (Back Up Company Options)
- A multiple options will appear, when you click on company backup option. Just simply click on Create Local Backup option.
- Now click on Finish Tab.
- A user confirmation window will open with the information for confirmation (The Name of the file & the backup store location), Click on “Ok” button. Now your company data backup is being created.
How to Make Multiple Items Inactive in Quickbooks desktop, Online, Premier?
If you’re dealing with multiple items needs to be inactive in quickbooks?. To doing so, You have to follow steps below religiously step by step.
1. Look for the list
Navigate to the Main Menu bar >> Look for the List Option >> Head to Drop Down List >> Click on Item List.Select the Item in List you Wish to Inactive : Now look for all the items from the list you are looking to inactivate.
2. Choose Make Item Inactive
Now Just Simply Right Click on The List Items >> Drop Down will Open >> Choose Make Item Inactive option.
3. Choose Yes or No Option
When you click on make item inactive option >> You’ll see a warning popup with (The Item is the part of group) just hit the “yes” button to Inactive selected Items or choose “No” button if you changed your mind.
4. Mark The “Include Inactive” Checkbox
To check the display Items or other items you didn’t find in the list >> Go to dialog box in the lower section >> Find & mark the checkbox of Include Inactive.
5. Display Inactivated list Items
Select the “View” option from the pull down list.
6. Click on “All” option
from the list of all given options >> Click on “All” Options >> Tick mark in the checkbox of the “include inactive”, which is just below the list dialog box.
7. Take a quick look
Click on pull down list tab just beyond the list >> Select the view option >> Make sure you choose “All (item category)” from the list options.
8. A New Column will Show Up
While you’re trying to to view the list items, which are inactive now. You’ll see a new column will be there in the left end side of the list.
9. All Inactive Items are in the column
Go to that column >> You’ll find all inactive items are there in the column >> All the inactive items are assigned with the icon “X” there, That X means the item is no longer activate.
10. Reactivate a Item
If you think, there are some items which must active. To Activate again, Just simply click on that “X” mark & follow the instruction.
Might be Interested : How to Delete an Expense in QuickBooks?
How to Delete Multiple Items in QuickBooks
Item can be either removed, combined or hidden, let’s understand how to do that.
Total Time: 1 minute
Go to the menu of Lists first and then select Item List, if you are using Windows and if you are using Mac then select the Items
2. Choose The Item
Then choose the item which you are willing to delete
3. Select Edit & Delete
After that go to the menu bar and select Edit and then Delete Item
Important to Remember while Deleting the Items
- Keep in mind that you are not allowed to delete the entire list of items at once or deleting several items together
- Deletion should be revert immediately in case you deleted an item. Before reverting, if some other action is performed by you, then reversing becomes impossible
- If the item is deleted by mistake, then go to the Edit menu immediately and then select Undo Delete
Hiding an Item
If in case an item is used by you for even a single transaction, then you won’t be allowed by the QuickBooks to delete it. If in case the item is no longer in use or you are not selling it, then instead of deleting just hide it.
To do that:
- Go to Lists menu and select Items if you are using Mac and if Windows are used by you then select Item List
- Then click twice on the item, which you are willing to hide
- Now in the window of Edit Item, place a check mark on Item is inactive box for Windows and for Mac, put the check mark on Inactive box
- Then click on OK
Important to Remember while Hiding the Items
- Keep in mind that the item which you hide, is only removed from list and still stays in the records of your QuickBooks
- Inactive items can be displayed in the list, to do that, you have to select the box, which says, Include Inactive, in the item list
- After the item becomes inactive, it could be made active again and for that you have to uncheck the box of Item is inactive
- In case you notice the box is of grey in color and you are unable to turn the Item active again, then check and verify that it is not the sub of the inactive item. If this is the case, then make sure that parent item is turned active, you can also delete the connection between the sub-item and parent item
Combining Two Items
If in case same item is entered twice by you mistakenly, then you can easily merge then, in order to ensure that all the transactions of yours are linked with single item name. To do that:
- Go to Lists menu and select Items if Mac is used by you and Item List if you are using Windows
- Go to the item which you are willing to merge, or do not want to use and then choose Edit Item
- Now in the window of Edit Item, get the item name changed, to the name same as of the item, which you want to combine
- Then select OK and after that select Yes, in order to give your confirmation that you are willing to get two items merged in same name
Important to Remember while Hiding the Item
- Remember, once an item is merged by you then it won’t be reversed. All the transactions, including those which were in the closed periods, also be counted under the single item. Previous financial reports may also have the impact. Data that is related with the item you have merged will be erased from the records of yours with the item
- You are allowed to combine just two items at one time
- In case the items have the sub-items then you won’t be able to combine them. Sub-items should be removed first, before you remove the item
Editing the Item
If you want, you can edit the item created by you anytime.
- Go to the menu Lists and then choose Item List for the Windows and Items if you are using Mac
- Then go to the item that you are willing to change and double-click on it
- Get the changes entered in the window of Edit Item
- After that click on OK
If you are willing to edit more than one item, then go the window of Add/Edit Multiple.
How to Delete Multiple Inventory Items in Quickbooks desktop, Online, Premier?
Follow the below-mentioned steps for deleting the multiple inventory items in QuickBooks.
1. Login to Quickbooks
Start The Quickbooks >> With The Use of Username & Password, Sign In to Quickbooks Dashboard.
2. Go to Inventory Part
Go to Top Menu >> Click on the “List” Link >> In the sub menu >> Click on New & then Inventory Part.
3. Click on “Quick Report” & Select “All” in the “Date” range
In the menu click on Quick Report >> At the top of the screen, Select the “All” in the “Date” Range.
3. Select the Items to Delete
Do this Manually for Each transaction associated with Inventory Item >> Right Click on First Transaction, which is next to item you wish to delete >> Select Delete Option.
4. Select the Delete
Select the Inventory Item by Highlighting It than select delete.
How Do I Delete Multiple Accounts in Quickbooks?
- Login to Quickbooks Dashboard
- Hit the Gear Icon
- Select “Chart of Accounts” Options
- Select All The Accounts You want to delete.
- Go to Action Column & than Choose to delete option
- Hit the Yes button to complete the deleting process.
If you are seeking an answer to any such issue or something else, then get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks technical support team. Experienced professionals at SMB QuickBooks tech support helpdesk will ensure that you receive timely solutions. To get in touch with QuickBooks helpline, dial our smbaccountants.com.
How do I create an item in QuickBooks?
Follow these steps to create an item in QuickBooks:
💠 Initially, go to Item List from the Lists menu
💠 Next, select Item and then click on New button
💠 Now, choose the type of item that you wish to create
💠 After that, fill out the required fields
💠 Click on “Custom Fields”, if you want to add your own customized fields
💠 Finally, save the item.
How do you duplicate your items in QuickBooks?
You can easily duplicate your items with these easy and simple steps:
💠 Go to Lists menu and then select “Item List” for windows
💠 Or select simply “Items” for Mac
💠 Next, highlight the items that you want to copy
💠 Now, select “Duplicate Item” making a right-click on the item
💠 If you want, you can make needful changes in the item’s information
💠 The “DUP” will be appended to it and the name of the item will be the same
💠 You can also rename the item as desired
💠 At last, hit the “Ok” button.
How do I make my items inactive in QuickBooks Online?
A batch action feature in QB Online allows you to make your items inactive in just simple steps involved:
💠 The very first, go to the Gear icon
💠 Next, choose the Products and Services
💠 After that, mark the items that you wish to remove
💠 Using drop-down menu, select “Batch Actions”
💠 Now, select the “Make Inactive” option
💠 In the end, press the “Yes” button in order to complete the entire action.
- How to Set up Automatic Invoices in QuickBooks
- Big Red Consulting tools for QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Backup Error Rebuild Data
- How to Set Up a Vehicle Loan in Quickbooks
- Crystal Report In QuickBooks
- Refund Over Payment in Quickbooks
- Write a Christmas Bonus Check in QuickBooks
- Unable to Email Invoices from Quickbooks
- Quickbooks Error 15215 while Installing Updates
- Reset QuickBooks