When the company file is opened in QuickBooks then you will receive a list of all the company files that are available by the software to choose from. If list has more files then there are chances of you selecting the wrong file and working in wrong company.
How to Edit Company File in Quickbooks
If you are willing to remove the company file from list and do not want the permanent deletion of it then you can edit companies which are are displayed by QuickBooks on startup.
- Go to File menu and select Open or Restore Company
- Select Open a Company file and then click on Next. Window with the available company files, all of them, will open up
- Then tap on the Edit list present under Open button. Window of Edit Company List will open up
- Make sure to put the check mark on company file that you are willing to hide. All you have to do is just click on the file name
- Then click on OK in order to ensure hide company
How to Delete Quickbooks Company from Open Company List
If you are willing to remove the company file completely then QuickBooks can help you to get the file deleted permanently.
Total Time: 11 minutes
Go to File menu and select Open or Restore Company. Navigate the file that you are willing to delete and then choose on Open
Open the file confirmation by pressing Ctrl+1 or F2 key. Copy the file’s location. Address of the location will start with the “C:\” and is going to end with the “.qbw”
Get the QuickBooks program closed down and then navigate file location on the computer. File will be having the icon of QuickBooks on it
Now go to file and right click on it and then select delete
Open the QuickBooks again and then navigate to the Open or Restore Company. In case the file appears still then tap on the Edit list and then tap on company file in order to hide it
Click on OK in order to hide the file that is deleted
Removing Companies from The QuickBooks Online
Removing the QuickBooks files from QuickBooks Online is bit different. If you are registered/listed as the user on QuickBooks online then company file will keep on appearing as you log and are listed as company user. An account cannot be deleted by you only an administrator can delete the user account.
In order to get yourself removed as the user:
- Login with the credentials of administrator
- Choose the company which you are willing to hide from the login stage
- Tap on the Edit or Remove the User’s Access
- Select the user name of yours and then tap on the Remove User
- Click on OK in order to get yourself removed as the user.
Need Professional Help?
- QuickBooks Online Customizing Packing Slip
- Set up 1099 vendors in Quickbooks
- How to Set Up Beginning Balances in QuickBooks
- Look Up Invoices in QuickBooks
- Recording donations in quickbooks online. Will this be recorded as an expense?
- Set up Reminders in QuickBooks Enterprise
- How to turn off sync manager in quickbooks pro or desktop
- QuickBooks Set Fiscal Year
- Create Purchase Orders in QuickBooks
- Enter Payroll in QuickBooks Manually