Removing Company from Open Company List
When the company file is opened in QuickBooks then you will receive a list of all the company files that are available by the software to choose from. If list has more files then there are chances of you selecting the wrong file and working in wrong company.
If you are willing to remove the company file from list and do not want the permanent deletion of it then you can edit companies which are are displayed by QuickBooks on startup.
- Go to File menu and select Open or Restore Company
- Select Open a Company file and then click on Next. Window with the available company files, all of them, will open up
- Then tap on the Edit list present under Open button. Window of Edit Company List will open up
- Make sure to put the check mark on company file that you are willing to hide. All you have to do is just click on the file name
- Then click on OK in order to ensure hide company
Deleting Company File
If you are willing to remove the company file completely then QuickBooks can help you to get the file deleted permanently.
- Go to File menu and select Open or Restore Company. Navigate the file that you are willing to delete and then choose on Open
- Open the file confirmation by pressing Ctrl+1 or F2 key. Copy the file’s location. Address of the location will start with the “C:\” and is going to end with the “.qbw”
- Get the QuickBooks program closed down and then navigate file location on the computer. File will be having the icon of QuickBooks on it
- Now go to file and right click on it and then select delete
- Open the QuickBooks again and then navigate to the Open or Restore Company. In case the file appears still then tap on the Edit list and then tap on company file in order to hide it
- Click on OK in order to hide the file that is deleted
Removing companies from the QuickBooks Online
Removing the QuickBooks files from QuickBooks Online is bit different. If you are registered/listed as the user on QuickBooks online then company file will keep on appearing as you log and are listed as company user. An account cannot be deleted by you only an administrator can delete the user account.
In order to get yourself removed as the user:
- Login with the credentials of administrator
- Choose the company which you are willing to hide from the login stage
- Tap on the Edit or Remove the User’s Access
- Select the user name of yours and then tap on the Remove User
- Click on OK in order to get yourself removed as the user
If you are facing issues or looking for any extended support, then get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks tech support helpdesk on smb_accountants.
- How to close year-end in QuickBooks?
- How QuickBooks Helps in Making the Check Void?
- Profit and loss report in QuickBooks: How to run a detailed report in quickbooks 2017
- Quickbooks For Landlords: How to setup quickbooks for rental property
- Print A Customer Statement In QuickBooks
- How to Delete QuickBooks Company and Start Over?
- How To Delete A Payment In QuickBooks?
- How to use neat scanner with quickbooks
- How To Fix Quickbooks Error 6129
- How to Set Up a Vehicle Loan in Quickbooks