Have you ever come across a situation of receiving an amount that is more than what was on papers or in other word overpayment. Then do not worry, QuickBooks allows you to get out of this by simply providing you the refund facility.
- 1 How To Refund Customer Overpayment in QuickBooks
- 2 Issues Faced by User While doing Refund Of Customer Overpayment in QuickBooks
How To Refund Customer Overpayment in QuickBooks
You can refund the overpayment by two methods either by check refund or by refund through the credit card.
1. Method One: Refund through Cash or Check
When you see that the client’s account balance is not in positive or is very less when estimated with the actual amount that he owes you and you receive an overpayment then the mode of refund that you should use is the check.
To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly open your QuickBooks software and select the plus sign on the top right of the window, then choose the check option.
- Then select the name of the client and type in all the necessary information of the check.
- Next you need to choose the Accounts Receivable option from the Accounts Detail list.
- Now you need to go to the customer column and choose the name of the customer for whom the refund is to be done. (Note: You can see Customer column only if the billable expense is used by you.)
- At last tap on the save button to save the changes you have made.
After following these steps at times you come across the situation that your account receivable report shows the transactions are open then to resolve this issue follow the steps given below:
- First of all select the plus symbol and then click on the receive payment option from the list.
- Then choose the name of the client and do not type anything on the remaining fields of the form.
- Next go to the credits tab and select the checkbox in case of overpayment.
- After that click on the checkbox that was created by you for cheque in the Outstanding transaction section.
- At last click on the save button.
2. Method Two: Refund using the Credit card
While doing the refund using the credit card make use of refund receipt
- The very first thing you should do is launch your QuickBooks desktop application.
- Then click on the plus symbol and select the Refund Receipt option.
- Next choose for the client and choose the service or the product that delineate the main income account.
- After that type in the positive value and all the necessary and appropriate details and tap on the save button.
Issues Faced by User While doing Refund Of Customer Overpayment in QuickBooks
Some users say that when they do the refund payment through the credit card the the transactions on the account receivable reports remains open and they encounter error. So to solve this issue you can follow the instructions given below or if it does not help you then you can ask for help from our SMB Technical Support team they will surely get you out from this problem.
To resolve the transaction remains open in accounts receivable reports issue follow the steps provided below:
- First of all select the plus sign that is located at the top of the window then click on the receive payments option.
- Next choose the name of the client.
- Keep all the other sections or fields of the form blank.
- After that for viewing the actual entries tap on the plus sign in the credits section.
- At last tap on the save button.
If still you are facing issues doing the refund, then you can contact our SMB Technical Support team they will you help you in getting the best solution of the issues. Our SMB Product Help is available round the clock to assist you. You can call our SMB Helpline through our phone number ?smbaccountants.com. We offer swift and best response to the questions asked.
- How to Record Owner Investment in QuickBooks?
- Create A New Company File From An Existing One QuickBooks
- How to Open QuickBooks in Safe Mode
- Import CSV into Quickbooks Pro, Online, Enterprise or Desktop
- Refund Over Payment in Quickbooks
- QuickBooks 2016,2017 File Doctor Unable to Repair
- QuickBooks Cannot Send Forms or Create PDFs
- QuickBooks Has Reached The Maximum Number of Unregistered Uses
- QuickBooks Error 6150
- How to Record a credit card chargeback in Quickbooks?