Unvoiding a check basically means to undo the check that you have voided. When you have some voided transactions and you want to unvoid them due to some reasons, then you can do it by simply re-entering the amounts.
If there is a void transaction in the checkbook it means the amount of the transaction is set to zero but that transaction is not deleted.
- 1 Things You Need to do to Re-enter & Recover the Information
- 2 How To Unvoid A Paycheck
- 3 How to Unvoid a Check in QuickBooks Desktop?
- 4 How to Unvoid a Check in QuickBooks Online?
- 5 How to Find voided transactions in QuickBooks?
- 6 Infographics to Unvoid A Check in Quickbooks
- 7 FAQ
Things You Need to do to Re-enter & Recover the Information
- Firstly launch your QuickBooks desktop.
- Then you need to search for the transactions and open it.
- Next go to the bottom bar and click on the more tab.
- After that click on the Audit history option.
- Now go at the top right side of the screen and click on the show all button.Here all the edits and the original details for the transaction.
- As soon as you get the transaction information you can make use of the back button from the browser and you will be directed to the screen where you can re-enter all the information.
How To Unvoid A Paycheck
To unvoid a paycheck follow the steps provided below:
✅ Open Quickbooks >> Head to Accountants & Taxes Option >> Copy The Transaction Amount >> Select Chart of Accounts Option >> Open The Account Register >> Click on The Register >> Enter The Amount >> At Last Save Button.
Total Time: 3 minutes
First of all Open your QuickBooks software.
Head to Accountants & Taxes Option
Then click on the Reports tab and select the Accountants and Taxes option from the context menu.
Copy The Transaction Amount
Next navigate to the voided transactions and you need to copy the transaction amount.
Select Chart of Accounts Option
Further click on the Lists menu and select the Chart of Accounts option
Open The Account Register
Now double click on the accountant tab to open the account register that consists of the voided transaction.
Click on The Register
Then you need to click on the register so that you can see the voided transactions.
Enter The Amount
Next enter or paste the amount of the original transaction.
Once you have done this click on the Save button.
Issues Faced By Users
Some people encounter issues like how to unvoid a cleared check that was voided by mistake?
Or Can the voided check be reuse?
So to solve these issues, you can always take help of our SMB professionals.
For more information, you can contact our SMB QuickBooks Technical Support team. Our services are extensively acknowledged across the world. We have a different SMB QuickBooks Support department that will focus on your issues and give you the optimal solution.
How to Unvoid a Check in QuickBooks Desktop?
If you are also looking for unvoiding a check then it is not possible. But there is one thing that you can do is Audit log. This feature is used to enter your details again correctly.
To use the Audit log feature the steps are as follows:-
- First of all, go to the Gear icon in your QuickBooks Desktop account
- From the drop-down menu, select the Audit log option that is under the Tools
- Then from the Filters option, choose the User Date and Events Filters
- Select the Apply button
- Search for the voided invoice
- Then in the History column, click on the button View
- Create the new invoice and when you are done then you have to use the information mentioned in the Audit History
- Now you are done.
How to Unvoid a Check in QuickBooks Online?
You are not able to unvoid a check once it is voided in QuickBooks. This situation can be resolved when you do re-enter the transaction in your account correctly.
The steps are mentioned below:-
- In QuickBooks, open the transaction that you want to unvoid
- Now you have to select the More option that is at the bottom of the page
- Then enter Audit History
- Click on the Show All option to display all the information that is original with all the edits that are done in the transactions
- To enter the transaction, it is required to make a record with the important information
- Now re-enter the transaction that is voided by clicking on the back button in your browser
- After this, the records got updated automatically.
How to Find voided transactions in QuickBooks?
- To see the voided transactions, open the QuickBooks
- Then go to the Gear like icon then click on it
- Under the Tools heading, click on the Audit Log option
- Now apply the filters so that you can see the specific information that is required
- Click on the Apply button and then you get the list of the required information.
Infographics to Unvoid A Check in Quickbooks
To know more call us at our Toll Free Number smbaccountants.com . Our SMB Product help team provides assistance 24*7 and they have proficient knowledge of the product. They know each and every single detail of QuickBooks software.
Can voiding a check in QuickBooks be undone?
✔ Voided checks can be easily reverted or undone to the original transaction. Once you delete a check then all the information related to checks will be deleted from the register as well. If there is no record or information of the check was created then the process cannot be undone except in the audit trail.
What happens when you void a check in QuickBooks?
✔ The Check information includes account, payee, check number, memo, and date are unchanged when you void a check but the amount changes to zero. The check details still appear in the register of the bank account but only you only need to insert “VOID” into the memo. Now, you can undo or revert the voided checks to the original transaction with ease.
Can I Unvoid a transaction in QuickBooks?
✔ There is no automatic way to reinstate a voided transaction. However, you can open and view most of the information for the transaction, then just re-enter the transaction manually.
What is the journal entry for a voided payroll check?
✔ Delete the voided check from the list of pending checks if a voided check was written in a previous month and write a journal entry to debit Cash and credit the account that was debited when the check was originally recorded.
Is there a way to unvoid an invoice in QBO?
✔ Currently, there isn’t an option to unvoid a transaction in QBO. When an invoice has been voided once then it can only be recorded back by creating it once again.
- QuickBooks Error Code 15270
- How to delete unbilled expenses in QuickBooks
- Reset QuickBooks
- Record/Create A Deposit in QuickBooks?
- Quickbooks Has Stopped Working Error in 2014, 2015, 2016
- QuickBooks online screenshots. How to print screen within quickbooks 2015-16
- QuickBooks 2018 Installation Errors
- QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
- How to Inactive/Delete Multiple items in QuickBooks
- How to Apply an Overpayment in QuickBooks