Points to Consider While Using Sage Migration Tool?
- If you have applied any updates or patches on Sage Timberline Office, you need to apply for those patches and updates once again after migration
- If there is any change of data migration, accounting and management process at the workstation, then the link to custom reports will no longer work. To resolve such issues, you have to update every specific path in Reports Manager from the Reports menu of appropriate applications or the path noted in File Locations.
- If you use a particular File Location (File, Company Settings and File Locations) and the path to that particular file is pointing out to the old location, you need to upgrade that path well before upgrading the server. During a data upgrade, the program will follow the path that is selected to upgrade the data file in the File location.
- You need to validate that the new server contains enough disk space for installation. Sage Timberline Office installs various files to the same drive location as the Program Data folder; typically, you must have available space of at least 4GB in your C: drive. Install Sage Timberline Office in your drive.
How to Use Sage Migration Tool?
Migration Tool enables user to share settings and files between many computers.
You need to follow these instructions to use Sage Migration tool.
Total Time: 8 minutes
First, you need to install Sage Timberline Office Accounting on new server so that you can access migration tool.
On the new server, you need to have administrator rights and on the old server, you need to have at least read permission.
Now, make sure that new server has enough space in your disk so that it can hold data from old server.
It takes few minutes to migrating data from old server to new server. However, some attachments may take time. If you carry large number of attachments, you should start transferring the data in non-business hours.
Migration tool does not include Residential Management Estimating and Document Management.
It is always recommended that first, you go for test migration, validate that all your data, macros, settings and data are properly migrated on the new server. If you find all the data and setting transferred successfully on the new server, stop all the tasks on the old server and start transferring all the data to the new server.
This migration process will overwrite all companies and security on the new server. Perform migration task first, and then set up all security settings and companies.
Our Connectivity Channels
These are the certain points that you need to keep in mind while using Sage migration tool. There are various other technical aspects like other tools like Sage 50 database repair utility or migrating sage to a new computer, for that you may need to have technical support.
Need Professional Help?
SMB Accountants is an authentic source of information for all Sage Products, download or install related services, errors & resolutions. We know how to prioritize our customer’s convenience and provide best service in one go. Here are our various connectivity platforms through which you can contact us: Our website contains Live Chat Support feature, here you can find instant information and solution from our technical expert team. Our Toll-Free Number +smb_accountants is also there to endorse you with solution on call from our Sage Support Team.
- Sage 100 Advance ERP Customer Support Phone Number
- Sage Bank Reconciliation
- Sage Grant Management Customer Support Phone Number
- Sage Pastel Error Code 20
- Sage 50 error 1618 : Another installation is already in progress
- Sage ACH Processing Customer Support Phone Number
- Sage Error Code AUSE099
- Sage ERP X3 Customer Support Live Chat
- Sage 50 Error Code 1721
- Features of Sage One Payroll