When it comes to transferring all the data from one platform to another, there are various procedures that need to be followed. The same applies when you are shifting your products and services list to QuickBooks.
While conducting a business, there is a huge list of products and services that you sell. You cannot enter the data one by one into software that you deployed lately. The products and services list, containing the list of items you sell, is required to refer to while you create customer invoices or deal with inventory.
Thus, importing the products and services into QuickBooks plays an important part. However, before proceeding to the steps to import the list into QB, there are a few things to keep into consideration.
- The import of the list once accomplished cannot be undone.
- You can import not more than 1,000 rows at a time. If you have more rows, divide and import.
- There is a preferred format of entering the details:
- Product/Service Name – 100 character limit, avoiding special characters
- Income and Expense account – Use of sub-accounts is restricted
- Quantity as-of Date – Either DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY
Following the preferred file format will make the data imported to QuickBooks more organized, acceptable, and presentable.
How to Import Product or Service List in QuickBooks?
To import product or service list in quickbooks, you need to follow mentioned below steps:
Go to QB Online >> Choose Settings>> Click Import Data
Choose Products and Services >> Click Browse on the page that appears
Find the file you want to import and select it >> Click Open >> Click Next
Map your fields. The Your Field drop-down, select the headers on your spreadsheet that matches the field in QB Online >> Click Next
Choose Overwrite all values. This choice is valid for each product or services having the same name
Review the data properly to confirm the data to be imported is all correct. Do not forget, the process once finished can’t be undone.
If you come across cells highlighted in red, you should check again with Excel as those red marked cells are the invalid ones. If required, you can try the above-mentioned steps one more time. You can also import sub-categories of the products and services, but you will require arranging in a proper way to make sure it is imported in an organized manner in the QB Desktop.
Need Professional Help?
The steps are clearly mentioned above but still, there are chances of you getting stuck while carrying out the import. If anything as such happens, it is recommended to you to connect with our expert representatives available on smbaccountants.com Option, who are ready to offer their instant assistance.
- How to Import QuickBooks Data into TurboTax
- QuickBooks 2016 or 2017 Unable to Export to Excel
- Import qbw file to QuickBooks Online
- Import Product or Service List in QuickBooks?
- How to Import Accountant’s Copy in Quickbooks
- How to Import Excel Journal Entries into QuickBooks? [Solved]
- Export invoices from quickbooks online 2016 to excel
- Import Transactions into Quickbooks
- Perform QuickBooks Export Transactions to Another Company File in No Time!
- How to Import Transactions into QuickBooks from Excel?