As a start-up or budding businessman, it might seem a bit difficult for you to operate on a novel software tool like QuickBooks, which you haven’t used before. Given the issues that you might face in handling your transactions on QuickBooks, here is a guide to get you going.
When you start using QuickBooks, the first thing you do is shift your database to the software interface. Taking the data maintained in the Excel sheet to QuickBooks, therefore, is the very first thing that you would look forward to.
- 1 Importing Transactions into QuickBooks from Excel
- 2 The Process Importing Transactions to Quickbooks from Excel
- 3 FAQ
Importing Transactions into QuickBooks from Excel
After QuickBooks is installed in your system, it is crucial to make sure that you have a single platform where all your transnational details are stored, maintained, and are ready to be retrieved whenever required. However, before transactions importing into quickbooks from Excel, a user needs to make sure he/she has the relevant toolkit installed in the system to make the process easier.
Are you looking forward to the information about How to Import Transactions into QuickBooks from Excel?? But have not got much information and you are not able to fix it out. Here is the detailed information so that you can implement it on your own. In case, you are stuck or need any kind of assistance then do connect with the QuickBooks helpdesk team. As we at smbaccountants.com are available 365 days a year to help you by providing all the solutions for your issues or queries. Feel Free to Chat with Us or Call on +1866-5400-865
The Process Importing Transactions to Quickbooks from Excel
1. Step One: Install QuickBooks Import Excel & CSV Toolkit
- To download the toolkit, open the file download window.
- Click Save.
- Move to Windows Desktop and click Save again.
- You will get an option QuickBooks_Import_Excel_and_CSV.exe on the Windows desktop.
- Double-click it to view the WinZip Self-Extractor window.
- Choose the Browse option and select the folder where you want to save the toolkit.
- Click OK
- Select Unzip and extract the files and folders
- Click Close on the WinZip Self-Extractor window and close it.
- Now click on QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV folder in the folder you have saved it (Step 6) to open it.
Once you have your toolkit ready, proceed to the next step.
2. Step Two: Import Charts of Accounts from Excel to QuickBooks
- On the QuickBooks menu bar, go to Lists option.
- Choose a Chart of Accounts from there.
- At the bottom, you have an Account drop-down. Select Import from Excel option.
- Click Browse and choose the Excel file to be imported.
- Select the file and choose Open.
- Choose the Excel Sheet that contains the data that you want to import.
- Map your accounts.
As soon as you map your accounts, it indicates to the QuickBooks how to import the Excel sheet. In the imported files, you may find that the column headings are different from that of the Excel sheet. To match them, you may proceed to the next step.
3. Step Three: Mapping Accounts
- Give a mapping name.
- Choose Import from Account
- Match the column headings under QuickBooks
- Click Save.
- Select import
- Click Yes to confirm. (This option appears if a user is importing the files for the first time.)
NOTE: NEVER FORGET TO TAKE A BACKUP OF THE CHART OF ACCOUNTS BEFORE BEGINNING WITH THE IMPORT PROCESS.
Need Professional Help?
How can I unzip a file to import transactions into QuickBooks from excel?
1. Go to your zip file
2. Then right-click on it
3. Select the option Extract all
4. Then in the window Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders, browse the location where you want to unzip the files
5. Also, check the box Show extracted files when completed
6. After that, click on the button Extract
7. When the extract process is done it opens up the folder where the files are extracted.
What are the general steps to import transactions from Excel to QuickBooks?
1. In QuickBooks, click on the File menu option
2. Then select the Utilities
3. Click on the Import option then select the Excel Files option
4. The window named Add/Edit Multiple List Entries, click on No button
5. Now, follow the instructions of the installation wizard that are:-
—(A). Firstly, select the data
—(B). Then it opens up the excel sheet that is in the format
—(C). Update the information in it then save the file and close it
—(D). Review the results and data in your QuickBooks
—(E). Click on the Close button.
What are the situations in which I have to import transactions from Excel to QuickBooks Desktop?
There are few situations in which You have to import transactions from Excel to QuickBooks desktop. The situations are as follows:-
1. It is required when your company file data is corrupted or damaged and you are not able to open that company file
2. When you are transferring your data from one account to another account or one system to another system
3. In case of an update or upgrade, you are importing your old transaction from Excel to QuickBooks
4. When you get some files from someone else and you have to import this into your account.
- How to Import Excel Journal Entries into QuickBooks? [Solved]
- How to Import Accountant’s Copy in Quickbooks
- QuickBooks 2016 or 2017 Unable to Export to Excel
- Import Transactions into Quickbooks
- Import General Ledger into Quickbooks
- Import qbw file to QuickBooks Online
- Export QuickBooks Customer List
- How to Import Transactions into QuickBooks from Excel?
- Import Product or Service List in QuickBooks?
- Transaction Pro Importer for QuickBooks