QuickBooks ODBC driver stands for Open database connectivity and is generally used as a communication interface. It enables the users to access and transport the data of your company file to other applications. It also allows the user to create table, excel, reports in Microsoft excel, Crystal reports etc.
- 1 How to Install ODBC Driver in Quickbooks
How to Install ODBC Driver in Quickbooks
There is 17 step processor to Install ODBC Driver, which are mentioned below. Please follow each step precisely;
Total Time: 15 minutes
Firstly open your QuickBooks software and go to the File menu.
Then select the Utilities tab and Click on the Set up ODBC option.
After that tap on the General tab.
Here you need to choose the option named as “Use Company file which is recently opened in QuickBooks”.
Note: For checking and running the Test connection ensure that you have signed in as the Admin of your company file.
Now type in the data of Quickbooks under data source name field.
Then you need to tap on the button named “Test Connection to QuickBooks”.
After that tap on the OK button only when you see the “Test Connection to QuickBooks Successful” message on your screen.
Next click on the Apply button.
Now tap on the Messages tab.
Examine if the detailed tracing checkbox is selected or not if yes then disable it.
Similarly you need to inspect for all the “Display Optimizer Status Panel” check boxes and if they are found disabled then select them.
Now choose the “Display Driver Status Panel” option and see detailed information on the working of QuickBooks ODBC.
After that tap on the apply button.
Now go to the optimizer tab and enable the use optimizer box by simply selecting it.
Then use the default file path of the Default Optimizer .
Next tap on the apply button after selecting the start button for each query.The optimization time depends on the complexity of file.
At last tap on the OK button to get out of the ODBC driver setup window.
Issues Faced By User While Installing The ODBC Driver
- The user generally faces the issue of application not responding everything hangs up and the data is not being fetched from QuickBooks.
- The test connection button is greyed out or is disabled.
- QuickBooks connection failed because of security issues of windows.
- Unable to get data from QuickBooks database ODBC driver.
Need Professional Help?
To get rid of all these issues you can contact our SMB professionals they will help you in resolving these kind of issues. These steps will help you in the installation of QuickBooks ODBC but if you are still not able to install, then without giving a second thought, get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks Application Help. Our SMB QuickBooks Tech support team guarantees best possible solution. We have well trained professionals in our SMB QuickBooks Product help team.
- Use Invoice Manager in QuickBooks
- Clear Quickbooks and Start Over
- What is progress invoicing in QuickBooks: A Definitive Guide?
- Converting Quickbooks payroll from Mac to windows
- How To Adjust Payroll Liabilities In Quickbooks
- Unable to use QuickBooks to email PDF in windows 10?
- Issues with QuickBooks Digital Signature
- Authorize.Net and QuickBooks Online Integration
- Quickbooks pro 2010 windows 10, Do they sync well together?
- How to Reconcile in Quickbooks – Everything You Want to Know