QuickBooks ODBC driver stands for Open database connectivity and is generally used as a communication interface. It enables the users to access and transport the data of your company file to other applications. It also allows the user to create tables, excel, reports in Microsoft Excel, Crystal reports, etc.
- 1 How to Install ODBC Driver in Quickbooks
- 2 Issues Faced By User While Installing The ODBC Driver
- 3 FAQ
How to Install ODBC Driver in Quickbooks
There is 17 step processor to Install ODBC Driver, which are mentioned below. Please follow each step precisely;
Total Time: 15 minutes
Firstly open your QuickBooks software and go to the File menu.
Then select the Utilities tab and Click on the Set up ODBC option.
After that tap on the General tab.
Here you need to choose the option named as “Use Company file which is recently opened in QuickBooks”.
Note: For checking and running the Test connection ensure that you have signed in as the Admin of your company file.
Now type in the data of Quickbooks under data source name field.
Then you need to tap on the button named “Test Connection to QuickBooks”.
After that tap on the OK button only when you see the “Test Connection to QuickBooks Successful” message on your screen.
Next click on the Apply button.
Now tap on the Messages tab.
Examine if the detailed tracing checkbox is selected or not if yes then disable it.
Similarly you need to inspect for all the “Display Optimizer Status Panel” check boxes and if they are found disabled then select them.
Now choose the “Display Driver Status Panel” option and see detailed information on the working of QuickBooks ODBC.
After that tap on the apply button.
Now go to the optimizer tab and enable the use optimizer box by simply selecting it.
Then use the default file path of the Default Optimizer .
Next tap on the apply button after selecting the start button for each query.The optimization time depends on the complexity of file.
At last tap on the OK button to get out of the ODBC driver setup window.
Issues Faced By User While Installing The ODBC Driver
- The user generally faces the issue of application not responding everything hangs up and the data is not being fetched from QuickBooks.
- The test connection button is greyed out or is disabled.
- QuickBooks connection failed because of security issues of windows.
- Unable to get data from QuickBooks database ODBC driver.
Need Professional Help?
To get rid of all these issues you can contact our SMB professionals they will help you in resolving these kind of issues. These steps will help you in the installation of QuickBooks ODBC but if you are still not able to install, then without giving a second thought, get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks Application Help. Our SMB QuickBooks Tech support team guarantees best possible solution. We have well trained professionals in our SMB QuickBooks Product help team.
How can I set up and use the installed QuickBooks ODBC driver?
The first thing you have to do to use the company files that’s now open in your QuickBooks. Then, go to the Data source name and enter all required QuickBooks data. After this, run the test connection to QuickBooks. Once you see the test connection results to QuickBooks successful, then hit the click on the OK and Apply button.
How do I install QuickBooks ODBC drivers?
Firstly, press the Windows + R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box. Then, you have to write odbcad32 and hit the click on the Ok. From the ODBC data source administrator dialog box, you have to choose the system DSN or you can use the DSN tab. Click on the Add button and then find the necessary driver in the list and hit the click on the Finish button.
How would I check if an ODBC driver is installed once the QuickBooks ODBC installation process is completed?
To check and ensure, open the administrative tools and then hit the double-click on the Data Sources. Now, hit the click on the Drivers tab and the data for the Microsoft SQL server entry has appeared in the version column.
- Delete A Payment In QuickBooks
- How to Add Old Expenses Already Paid into QuickBooks
- Set up a new company file in QuickBooks 2016
- How to Setup A Sales Discount in QuickBooks?
- Bank of America, quickbooks: How to connect them?
- QuickBooks Cash Basis Profit and Loss. Show P&L reports in cash basis with ease.
- How do I Record a Bounced Check in QuickBooks?
- How to Open a Qbx File in Quickbooks 2015?
- Quickbooks change default invoice template in quickbooks 2015, 2016, 2017
- Retrieve QuickBooks License Number