QuickBooks enterprise and QuickBooks online are both used by the organizations for handling their day-to-day accounting, invoicing, inventory management, sales forecasting, and bank reconciliation, etc.
The difference between the two versions is that the QuickBooks enterprise contains more comprehensive features like fixed asset management, multiple entity accounting, etc and is generally intended for manufacturing or industry specific companies.
On the other hand, QuickBooks online is intended for more of an accounting focused business that prefers a web-based system.
Prerequisites for migration from QuickBooks enterprise to the QuickBooks online:
Before migration of QuickBooks, you need to make sure that your systems and factors fulfil the below eligibility criteria:
- You should have Internet Explorer 10 or above installed on your system.
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection and speed to complete the migration process.
- A subscription to QuickBooks online Plus, essential, or advanced version will be required for migration.
- You need to have full admin rights to access QuickBooks enterprise on windows to complete the migration process
Apart from this, you need to be aware that you will not be able to migrate any company file from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks online which is more than 60 days old. So, before taking any decision you should keep this limitation of QuickBooks online in mind.
Steps to migrate data from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks online
Now when you have taken the decision and you are looking to migrate from QuickBooks to QuickBooks online, you should be able to do it easily by the below steps.
You need to follow the below steps in the same order for the seamless migration of QuickBooks enterprise to QuickBooks online version.
- Before starting the migration process, update your QuickBooks desktop.
- Now in this step, you need to export the company file for which you need to go to the QuickBooks> company tab> Export company file to QuickBooks Online.
- Enter your credentials to complete the export process.
- For signing in click on “Agree” to the terms and services button.
- The action above will make a copy of your company file.
- Now the QuickBooks enterprise company file will be imported to the QuickBooks Online (QBO). And once the process is completed, the message “Looks Good! we’ll take it from here” will appear on the screen.
- Now finally click on “OK” and you will get the confirmation email for the successful migration.
One last thing, when you migrate or convert from QuickBooks enterprise to the QuickBooks online version, make sure that you do not delete QuickBooks enterprise before you verify that all required data is migrated in QuickBooks online version. The steps mentioned above cover almost everything that should be done in the migration process.
However, if you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact QB technical team. You can dial a toll-free number smbaccountants.com and our technical support team will help you in all the ways they can to resolve your issues.
- Business Works to QuickBooks Conversion
- How to Migrate from Peachtree to QuickBooks
- Convert Epicor to QuickBooks files?
- Migrate from Xero to Quickbooks
- How to Convert Intacct Accounting To Quickbooks?
- Converting Quickbooks payroll from Mac to windows
- Convert Peachtree to Quickbooks online, pro, enterprise or desktop.
- Round Tripping Quickbooks: Windows to Mac Conversion Tool
- How do I convert the Maxwell files to QuickBooks files?
- Convert Microsoft Dynamics to QuickBooks