QuickBooks is fairly flexible software that enables users to send forms directly through email. Email integration can be easily performed in QB. QB supports most major email services such as Outlook, Gmail and so on.
Most users integrate QuickBooks with their email service for sending forms such as invoices, purchase lists, reports and so on. This helps users in communicating easily with their clients.
All versions of QuickBooks such as QB Desktop, QB Mac, and QB Online support email integration.
Here are a few types of forms that you can send via mail directly through QB:
- Invoices: Digital documents containing information about a particular transaction. You can also create periodical invoices and record multiple transactions on them.
- Vendor Purchase List: Create a list of all the raw material, assemblies, and subassemblies you require and send them to the vendor directly through QB.
- Reports: Reporting is one of the most vital features of QB that enables users to assess their accounting data and get key insights from them.
- Customer information: Customer information such as their mailing address and contact number.
So you get a clear picture of how email integration can substantially increase your proficiency of working on accounting data and collaborating with others. You will be able to get things done within no time at all.
QuickBooks Integration with Outlook
Download the latest version of Outlook or go to Outlook Live. Create a new Microsoft account or use your old outlook account. This email id will be used for sending and receiving email through QB. After creating an Outlook email id.
Follow the steps provided below:
- Open QuickBooks
- Open the edit menu. Press the alt key for toggling menu
- Among all the tabs, select “My Preference”
- Mark the checkbox against outlook.
- Click on ok.
- Enter the correct email and password
Now, you have successfully linked your account with QB and can send forms, purchase lists and reports directly.
If you are encountering issues while using QB, you can contact your internet service provider and inquire about the issue. Most often, the Outlook does not have access to the ports of your ISP. Your firewall or antivirus program can also block outlook. Disable or uninstall these programs and try sending the email again through QB.
Users should also make Outlook the default email service for their system. For doing so:
- Open Control Panel from the start up menu tab.
- Now click on the Default Programs.
- Open up Emails,
- Now select Outlook.
This will reduce the risk of encountering an error while emailing forms through QB. Also, update your QuickBooks to the latest version. Intuit usually addresses most errors and issues reported to them by releasing regular updates.
You can install updates manually or set up automatic updates. Manual updates are preferable as they don’t hamper your work by automatically downloading update files in the background. Want to talk to our Quickbooks Proadvisor, give us a call at smbaccountants.com.
- How to network with QuickBooks integration to website
- How to fix intuit QuickBooks file sync manager?
- Quickbooks Unable to Register? – [Solved]
- How do I Record a Bounced Check in QuickBooks?
- Prepare QB File Doctor by Yourself
- How to Open a QuickBooks Portable file?
- Unable to Determine Quickbooks Version
- Convert and Migrate the files of Timberline to QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Enterprise Batch Enter Transactions
- QuickBooks has encountered an error reading the qbregistration.dat file