QuickBooks is a fairly flexible software that enables users to send forms directly through email. Email integration can be easily performed in QB. QB supports most major email services such as Outlook, Gmail, and so on.
Most users integrate QuickBooks with their email service for sending forms such as invoices, purchase lists, reports, and so on. This helps users in communicating easily with their clients.
All versions of QuickBooks such as QB Desktop, QB Mac, and QB Online support email integration.
- 1 Here are a few types of forms that you can send via mail directly through QB:
- 2 FAQ
- 2.1 How do I fix an Outlook that is not an option in QuickBooks to send for form preferences?
- 2.2 Where I can find the send form preferences in QuickBooks to resolve the Outlook is not an option in QuickBooks send for forms preferences?
- 2.3 How can I create Outlook as my default mail client to get rid of Outlook is it not an option in QuickBooks to send for forms preferences issue?
Here are a few types of forms that you can send via mail directly through QB:
- Invoices: Digital documents containing information about a particular transaction. You can also create periodical invoices and record multiple transactions on them.
- Vendor Purchase List: Create a list of all the raw materials, assemblies, and subassemblies you require and send them to the vendor directly through QB.
- Reports: Reporting is one of the most vital features of QB that enables users to assess their accounting data and get key insights from them.
- Customer information: Customer information such as their mailing address and contact number.
So you get a clear picture of how email integration can substantially increase your proficiency in working on accounting data and collaborating with others. You will be able to get things done within no time at all.
QuickBooks Integration with Outlook
Download the latest version of Outlook or go to Outlook Live. Create a new Microsoft account or use your old outlook account. This email id will be used for sending and receiving emails through QB. After creating an Outlook email id.
Follow the steps provided below:
- Open QuickBooks
- Open the Edit menu. Press the alt key for toggling the menu
- Among all the tabs, select “My Preference”
- Mark the checkbox against outlook.
- Click on ok.
- Enter the correct email and password
Now, you have successfully linked your account with QB and can send forms, purchase lists, and reports directly.
If you are encountering issues while using QB, you can contact your internet service provider and inquire about the issue. Most often, Outlook does not have access to the ports of your ISP. Your firewall or antivirus program can also block outlook. Disable or uninstall these programs and try sending the email again through QB.
Users should also make Outlook the default email service for their system. For doing so:
- Open Control Panel from the start-up menu tab.
- Now click on the Default Programs.
- Open up Emails,
- Now select Outlook.
This will reduce the risk of encountering an error while emailing forms through QB. Also, update your QuickBooks to the latest version. Intuit usually addresses most errors and issues reported to them by releasing regular updates.
You can install updates manually or set up automatic updates. Manual updates are preferable as they don’t hamper your work by automatically downloading update files in the background. Want to talk to our Quickbooks Proadvisor, give us a call at smbaccountants.com.
How do I fix an Outlook that is not an option in QuickBooks to send for form preferences?
The best way to resolve this error is to uninstall and reinstall the office and QuickBooks. Firstly, the user has to be sure about the system requirements and then install the QuickBooks. After this, you have to make a decision about which type you require. Once you have been selected then click on the Install button and you are all done with this issue.
Where I can find the send form preferences in QuickBooks to resolve the Outlook is not an option in QuickBooks send for forms preferences?
Go to the QuickBooks Edit menu and then select Preferences. Then, you have to choose the Send Forms. The next thing is to select your provider from the drop-list menu. Now, you have to enter your email address. Make sure that use the enhanced security checkbox to check and then hit the OK button.
How can I create Outlook as my default mail client to get rid of Outlook is it not an option in QuickBooks to send for forms preferences issue?
To create the default mail client in QuickBooks, firstly you have to close the QuickBooks. Then, open Outlook and then choose the file. Now, go to the general tab and click on the Startup options section. Once it’s done, then you have to check the box which is just next to create Outlook the default program for email.