How to Print Blank Checks with QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks helps you in printing checks for employees and vendors. With QuickBooks, you can easily add the check-printing paper to the printer and select which check you are willing to print.
Record of all the prints of checks you have taken out is maintained automatically by QuickBooks and later QuickBooks adds it to your electronic check registry of yours.
The steps used in Printing the Checks are Listed Below:
Total Time: 10 minutes
💠 Get the blank, check-printing paper added to the printer.
💠 Then decide how you wanted to place the paper, either face down or face up, so that the printing of the check is done correctly.
💠 Do not forget to check the toner and ink level, in order to make sure that printer has enough ink to take out the print of your check.
💠 Open the QuickBooks
💠 Tap on File and then on Print Forms and after that on Checks
💠 A window will pop up that will allow you to choose the check, for which you are willing to take out the print
Select the bank account, from which the money will be taken and also the checks which are going to get printed. Checks are listed by QuickBooks as per the information entered by you in it, for example, employee payroll and bills due.
💠 Make sure that the check number is entered in the box of First Check Number
💠 After that click on OK
💠 Now in the next window select your printer, in case multiple printers are connected to your computer
💠 Default computer will be selected already
Select the style of the check, the choices which you get are Voucher, Wallet, or Standard.
Click on Print, so that the check is sent to the printer from QuickBooks.
Printing Check Numbers in QuickBooks Desktop
- With QuickBooks, you can easily take the print of check numbers, which will help in better tracking and usage of the check register to see the transactions list along with the check numbers for the account.
- While taking the print of checks, make sure that starting number of the check is set up. In case the printing of checks is done by you in past then the upcoming check number in series will be possibly filled for you.
- In case you are willing just to see the check numbers list, then get the registered history printed and have a look at the check numbers that were entered in your account.
Printing the Check Numbers
- Tap on Edit and then click on Use Register
- Then choose the account which contains the check register, you are willing to get the print from the Register window
- Click on the icon for Print
- Select the range of the date for the checks you are willing to take the print off. Tick mark the checkbox which says Print Split Detail, if you want that information appears on any of the splits which were added to the register
- Now, click on OK and then on Print
Issues Faced by the Users
- Is it possible to change the number of cheques which is already been issued to the supplier who is a part of a system?
- The user is unable to assign the check numbers. Say a user set up a new company and when he/she tried to write the check, a pop-up appears which says, print later and does not let the user manually enter the check number. Now, a user wants to know how this could be changed.
Need Professional Help?
In case you encounter any such issues, then get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks technical support team on smbaccountants.com. The experienced staff at SMB QuickBooks customer support team will ensure that all your queries are answered in a timely manner.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems