How to Print Blank Checks with QuickBooks
QuickBooks helps you in printing the checks for employees and vendors. With QuickBooks, you can easily add the check-printing paper to the printer and select which check you are willing to print.
Record of all the prints of checks you have taken out is maintained automatically by QuickBooks and later QuickBooks adds it to the electronic check registry of yours.
Steps used in Printing the Checks are Listed Below:
Total Time: 10 minutes
💠 Get the blank, check-printing paper added to the printer.
💠 Then decide how you wanted to place the paper, either face down or face up, so that printing of check is done correctly.
💠 Do not forget to check the toner and ink level, in order to make sure that printer has the enough ink to take out the print of your check.
💠 Open the QuickBooks
💠 Tap on File and then on Print Forms and after that on Checks
💠 A window will pop-up that will allow you to choose the check, for which you are willing to take out the print
Select the bank account, from which the money will be taken from and also the checks which are going to get print. Checks are listed by QuickBooks as per the information entered by you in it, for example employee payroll and bills due.
💠 Make sure that check number is entered in the box of First Check Number
💠 After that click on OK
💠 Now in next window select your printer, in case multiple printers are connected with your computer
💠 Default computer will be selected already
Select the style of the check, choices which you get are Voucher, Wallet or Standard.
Click on Print, so that the check is send to printer from the QuickBooks.
Printing Check Numbers in QuickBooks
- With QuickBooks you can easily take the print of check numbers, which will help in better tracking and usage of check register to see the transactions list along with the check numbers for the account.
- While taking the print of checks, make sure that starting number of the check is setup. In case the printing of checks is done by you in past then the upcoming check number in series will be possibly filled for you.
- In case you are willing just to see the check numbers list, then get the register history printed and have a look on the check numbers that were entered in your account.
Printing the Check Numbers
- Tap on Edit and then click on Use Register
- Then choose the account which contains the check register, you are willing to get the print from Register window
- Click on the icon of Print
- Select the range of the date for the checks you are willing to take the print of. Tick mark the checkbox which says Print Split Detail, if you want that information appears on any of the splits which were added in the register
- Now, click on OK and then on Print
Issues Faced by the Users
- Is it possible to change the number of cheques which is already been issued to the supplier who is a part of a system?
- User is unable to assign the check numbers. Say user setup a new company and when he/she tried to write the check, a pop-up appears which says, print later and not letting user to manually enter check number. Now, user wants to know that how this could be changed?
Need Professional Help?
In case you encounter any such issues, then get in touch with our SMB QuickBooks technical support team on smbaccountants.com. Experienced staff at SMB QuickBooks customer support team will ensure that all your queries are answered in timely manner.
- Concur QuickBooks Web Connector Support
- FBA QuickBooks Integration
- What is Difference between Cash and Accrual in QuickBooks
- Your forms were not sent because quickbooks could not create the necessary pdf files
- What is progress invoicing in QuickBooks: A Definitive Guide?
- Quickbooks Pro Could Not Load The License Data
- QuickBooks Error 15311
- QuickBooks Data Sync Start and Stop
- Quickbooks Error 6129
- How to Categorize Payroll Taxes in QuickBooks