If you are facing problems while registering for QuickBooks and looking for the resolutions and trouble-shooting options, you are at the right place.
With the help of the below article, we will look into the various issues that are faced by the users when they register for QuickBooks and their probable resolutions.
Problems while registering for QuickBooks
Users generally face errors or problems like QuickBooks connection errors or outdated QuickBooks versions, or license-related issues like incorrect license information.
The reasons due to which you face the problems while the registration process is as follows:
- Inactive or slow internet connection.
- Registering on discontinued QuickBooks product.
- Incorrect product code or license information.
- Incorrect data and time settings on your computer.
- Fault in MSXML i.e. Microsoft XML core services.
Prerequisites for Resolving The Error
- You need to close all the QuickBooks windows and background processes before applying the troubleshooting steps.
- Correct the date and time settings on your windows, if not done already.
- Check and ensure that you have the correct product code and license information available with you.
- You should be logged in as an admin for activating and registering for QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting steps for The Error While Registering for QuickBooks
There are five steps process to troubleshoot the error, Which are mentioned below:
Total Time: 8 minutes
First of all, you should reconfigure the Firewall.
💠 For this purpose, you will have to go to the windows start button >search windows firewall >click on windows firewall from the list of programs and click on advanced settings > right-click inbound rules > new rule.
💠 After the above step you need to select the port > next > verify that the TCP is selected >click next > allow connections > click next.
💠 After this you need to select all the profiles showing on the prompt window > click on next >and enter the name of the rule and finally click on Finish. After completing this process try registering again.
If in case you are using third-party firewall or antivirus application, then you need to make changes in the setting of those applications so that QuickBooks is allowed to access the internet connection.
You should assign admin rights to the user account by following the below process.
💠 You need to click on settings
💠 Then go to Accounts
💠 Family and other users
💠 Assign the admin right to selected user
💠 Now click on change account type
💠 Select administrator from account type section
💠 Click OK. After the process, try registering again.
If you are unable to resolve the issues with the help of the above two steps, you can download and run the QuickBooks file doctor.
Lastly, you should also register MSXML files which will also help you in resolving any registration related issues.
If any of the above steps are unable to help you in troubleshooting or resolving the errors, then you need to delete and reinstall QuickBooks on your system. This should resolve your problem.
Need Professional Help?
- Olsu1013: I get this error while setting up online banking. How to get rid of it?
- Quickbooks is unable to verify the financial institution error
- QuickBooks Unable To Find Scanner
- Quickbooks Invoice Numbers Not in Sequence
- QuickBooks error 11949 DBISAM engine SQL Parsing Error
- QuickBooks Utility Application Pop up Issue
- QuickBooks Windows Error ‘The File Exists’
- QuickBooks Error PS032, PS077 or PS034 When Downloading Payroll Updates in QuickBooks
- Unable to Email Invoices from Quickbooks
- How to fix Windows Error code (-12, 0) in QuickBooks?