Progress Invoicing in QuickBooks Desktop: How to use it for long job?
At present point of time QuickBooks online does not have the feature progress invoicing but there are other two different more options that you can use for getting the similar results that you want.
So look below the different options:
- You can simply use the balance forward statement so that you can easily show the original invoice, any payments that you have made and the last one is the remaining balance.
- Some invoices can be created in advance for equaling the total amount of the job by using a recurring template.
How to Create Progress Invoicing in QuickBooks for Long Job
You can easily create a progress invoice but before creating it you just have to be sure that the progress invoicing preference should be set and you should create an estimate for the job using items.
Now look the below steps that how you can create progress invoice:
Total Time: 10 minutes
Click on create invoices then choose job by clicking the customer job.
After creating the invoices you can simply select the estimate that you want to create a progress invoice against.
You just have to keep one thing I mind that your selection should be based on the type of contract that you have with your customers, not only this if you need more information then you can simply press the help button.
On the windows if specify invoice amounts for the items on estimate appears then simply on ok after that you can also click on print for printing your invoices.
At last once you are satisfied with your invoice that it is being absolutely correct just click on save then close it.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with SMBAccountants Team, Which is available 24/7.
- Quickbooks Email service, how to set this up in quickbooks desktop 2016
- How to Set Up a Vehicle Loan in Quickbooks
- How to Use QuickBooks for Personal Finances?
- What is Unapplied Cash Payment Income In QuickBooks?
- How to download bank statements into QuickBooks and connect them.
- Recover Data in QuickBooks
- Set Up & Use of Quickbooks Direct Connect
- Add A Bank Account in Quickbooks 2016 & 2017
- How To Set Up Health Insurance Deduction In QuickBooks
- Choose Right Network to Host QuickBooks Enterprise Desktop Version