Progress Invoicing in QuickBooks Desktop: How to use it for long job?
At present point of time QuickBooks online does not have the feature progress invoicing but there are other two different more options that you can use for getting the similar results that you want.
So look below the different options:
- You can simply use the balance forward statement so that you can easily show the original invoice, any payments that you have made and the last one is the remaining balance.
- Some invoices can be created in advance for equaling the total amount of the job by using a recurring template.
How to Create Progress Invoicing in QuickBooks for Long Job
You can easily create a progress invoice but before creating it you just have to be sure that the progress invoicing preference should be set and you should create an estimate for the job using items.
Now look the below steps that how you can create progress invoice:
Total Time: 10 minutes
Click on create invoices then choose job by clicking the customer job.
After creating the invoices you can simply select the estimate that you want to create a progress invoice against.
You just have to keep one thing I mind that your selection should be based on the type of contract that you have with your customers, not only this if you need more information then you can simply press the help button.
On the windows if specify invoice amounts for the items on estimate appears then simply on ok after that you can also click on print for printing your invoices.
At last once you are satisfied with your invoice that it is being absolutely correct just click on save then close it.
Need Professional Help?
- Work orders in quickbooks online, pro and enterprise 2015 and 2016
- QuickBooks Cleanup Tool: How to Reinstall It in Quickbooks Enterprise 2015 and 2016
- How to Find Product or License Number in QuickBooks?
- How to Open a Qbx File in Quickbooks 2015?
- How to Recover Deleted Transaction in QuickBooks
- Recover Data in QuickBooks
- Create A New Company File From An Existing One QuickBooks
- How to process a refund in Quickbooks?
- How to Retrieve Quickbooks License Number?
- Set up 1099 vendors in Quickbooks