Every year, QuickBooks wants to upgrade to meet new features to make things easy to handle. Little and moderate-sized entrepreneurs across the globe depend on QuickBooks for dealing with their accounting services and all finance functions. The product helps entrepreneurs in performing undertakings like making installments, making solicitations, taking care of bills, following costs, and more without hardly lifting a finger. It saves time and makes very nearly zero errors. However, to benefit as much as possible from this powerful programming, you should ensure that it’s viable with your Windows PC.
Microsoft has of late delivered Windows 10. It’s, notwithstanding, excessive for you to update your windows as it’s discretionary. Yet, if you have effectively refreshed the as-of late presented windows form or purchased another PC with inbuilt Windows 10, ensure your QuickBooks faces no viable issue. In this post, we have talked about the adaptations of QuickBooks that are upheld in Windows 10.
- 1 Learn About the New Updated and Features in Windows 10
- 2 QuickBooks 2014 Compatibility Issue with Windows 10
- 3 How to Verify the Windows 10 Version?
- 4 New Updates Included in Windows 10 Add-ons
- 5 Which Windows 10 versions are Compatible with QuickBooks Desktop?
- 6 QuickBooks Desktop Versions Supported with Windows 10
- 7 FAQ
- 7.1 How do I check the Windows 10 version?
- 7.2 Why am I getting compatibility issues in QuickBooks 2014?
- 7.3 What versions of Windows 10 are compatible with QuickBooks Desktop?
- 7.4 Can you still use QuickBooks 2014?
- 7.5 How do I transfer QuickBooks 2014 to a new computer?
- 7.6 What QuickBooks versions work with Windows 11?
- 7.7 Is QuickBooks 2015 compatible with Windows 11?
- 7.8 Is QuickBooks 2015 no longer supported?
Learn About the New Updated and Features in Windows 10
- The beginning menu in the refreshed Windows rendition appears to be like the beginning menu in Windows 7.
- The most recent Windows discharge incorporates a virtual desktop. Additionally known as an errand switcher.
- Windows 10 comprises another variant of the .Net structure (4.6).
- While you can in any case utilize Internet Explorer 11 with Windows 10, it additionally includes another program called EDGE.
- The Windows 10 client oversees discretionary updates
- WSL 2 with a Linux part
- Disk type and GPU temperature in the errand administrator
QuickBooks 2014 Compatibility Issue with Windows 10
If you have still not upgraded your QuickBooks to the latest version you may face this problem often however we still can provide you the solutions to overcome this issue.
- Any version which is above 2015 should work properly with Windows 10. It is not compatible with 2014 though.
- Upgrade to 2017: QuickBooks latest version will take all your troubles away as it will be compatible with all the latest OS on Windows and MAC. You can always upgrade QuickBooks from 2014 to 2017 as your compatibility will be taken care of in the latest versions.
- Cloud hosting services: If you still like the older version and don’t want to upgrade the only solution we can recommend is to go for cloud services.
Does QuickBooks Pro 2014, 2015, 2016 or 2017 Compatible with Windows 10?
Windows 10 was released in the month July 29 2015 which means any version which is below 2016 may face issues with compatibility.
How to Verify the Windows 10 Version?
It is not sure that every user is using the Windows 10 version in their system. The steps below can be used in order to check the version of Windows 10, along with other specifications, of the device.
So here is the list of steps you need to follow to check the version:
- Initially, locate the Start option.
- Enter About your PC
- Once done, the user needs to click on the About you PC option
- Scroll down the option to check the version number
New Updates Included in Windows 10 Add-ons
- The start button is identical to the start option as available in Windows 7.
- Windows 10 comes with amazing features, and the one most interesting thing introduced in it is that it contains Virtual Desktop, also known as a task switcher.
- There is a complete advanced version of the .Net Framework (4.6) found in Microsoft Windows 10.
- A new version called Edge is introduced in Windows 10.
- The latest versions provide enhanced control over optional updates.
- Cloud download feature enables easy reinstallation of Windows.
- It is possible to rename desktops in Windows.
- The task manager displays disk type and GPU temperature.
- The latest version of Windows still includes the web browser Internet Explorer 11.
- Microsoft Edge, a new browser, is also included in the latest Windows version.
- Virtual desktops can now be renamed.
- Task manager now shows disk type and GPU temperature.
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 2 with a Linux Kernel is available.
- Windows update now has bandwidth limits.
Which Windows 10 versions are Compatible with QuickBooks Desktop?
Once you enter the version number, then the user requires to discover the certified version supportable with QuickBooks.
Here is the list of versions compatible with QuickBooks Desktop:
1. Windows 10 version 1709
It is identical to the traditional one. This version of Window is also known as QuickBooks 2017-2020 that are verified to operate without creating any error.
2. Windows 10 Version 1803
When coming to the Windows version, then QuickBooks desktop 2017-2020 are completely certified to operate better on the Windows operating system.
3. Windows 10 version 1809
You can work effectively in QuickBooks Desktop 2020 verified to operate in version 1803 of Windows 10. But QuickBooks desktop 2017-2019 are not certified completely.
4. Windows 10 version 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703
The pro versions or Home users of the described Windows editions then it are suggested to update the advanced release of Windows 10. The causes are Microsoft has already suspended the support of the illustrated editions.
QuickBooks Desktop Versions Supported with Windows 10
1. QuickBooks 2016 R7 & Advanced
Its great news for the complete QuickBooks 2016 R7 is permitted to work with Windows 10. If the user founds using the earlier version of QuickBooks to operate in an efficient way then In the QuickBooks 2016 R7 or advanced user case, there is no need for an update. One can rapidly work on Windows 10.
2. QuickBooks 2014 and Earlier
It has been determined that QuickBooks 2014 is not compatible with Windows 10. There might take place some compatibility issues, which create a mess. In case you need to use an upgraded version of QuickBooks, they can apply for an updated version of QuickBooks 2014 or 2015
3. QuickBooks 2015 & QuickBooks 2016 (R1 – R6)
Many scenarios occur when QuickBooks users attempt to open QuickBooks 2015 on the Windows 10 operating system. To do this, you require turning on the .NET Framework 3.5, which is usually found disabled by default. It will help to reduce errors when using the QS that is not compatible with QuickBooks. Windows 10 is compatible with QuickBooks 2015. Verify you enabled QuickBooks 2015.
Here are the steps below:
- Initially locate Start option.
- Click on it hit on the Windows + R button altogether to display Run Window.
- Once done, now enter the Control Panel option.
- Click on the OK option.
- Afterward, choose the Turn Windows Features ON or OFF button after hitting on the Uninstall a program button.
- It will display a dialogue box saying .NET Framework 3.5 with .NET Framework 4.5
- The user requires sure that the button is activated.
- If the option is turned off, then turned on
- In the end, the user is required to reboot the computer.
How to turn on the Microsoft .NET 3.5 for QuickBooks 2015?
Here are the steps to check you have enabled the .NET 3.5 for the QuickBooks 2015:
- Initially, locate the Start button and click on it.
- Once done, now enter the Turn Windows Features On or Off button.
- Now you discover the above button give a right-click on it.
- Afterward, the user will view a dialog box which appears with a button as .NET Framework 3.5
- Check that you enable the option. If you discover it is disabled, then hit on the checkbox and then enable it.
- Once you complete the process, and then reboot the system.
Supported Versions of QuickBooks Software Versions Comparisons
QuickBooks Desktop 2016 is an upgraded edition of QuickBooks Desktop 2015. Here, we have outlined a feature comparison between QB 2016 and QB 2015.
|QuickBooks 2015||QuickBooks 2016|
|The Bill Tracker feature is not available or supported in the Pro, Premium, and Enterprise versions.||The bill tracker feature is supported in this version.|
|The ability to bulk clear send forms, removing multiple transactions, is not supported.||This version includes the bulk clear send forms feature, allowing you to remove multiple transactions at once.|
|Advanced reporting features are not provided.||It comes with advanced reporting features.|
|However, there is an option to update the company file for the new version.||This version also provides the option to update the company file for the new version.|
How to Enable the Microsoft .NET 3.5 for the QuickBooks 2015?
Sometimes, the .NET Framework 3.5 may not be enabled by default on Windows 10, and it is a necessary component for QuickBooks Desktop to function properly on the latest operating system. To ensure a smooth experience, you need to enable .NET Framework 3.5. Here’s how you can install it:
- Click the “Start” or “Windows” button.
- Search for the “Turn Windows features On or Off” option.
- Right-click on the found option.
- A dialog box will appear, displaying “.NET Framework 3.5”
- Ensure that the option is enabled. If it is disabled, click the checkbox to enable it.
- Once you have completed this process, restart your computer.
4. QuickBooks 2014 or Previous Version
Windows 10 does not support QuickBooks 2014 or earlier versions. If you encounter compatibility issues between QuickBooks and Windows 10, such as QuickBooks Error 15271, it is necessary to update your QuickBooks to the latest release. Furthermore, enabling Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is essential to prevent any compatibility problems between QuickBooks and Windows 10. It is recommended to follow these steps to ensure a seamless experience on all QuickBooks compatible platforms:
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Click on the “Uninstall a Program” feature.
- In the subsequent tab, select “Turn Windows Feature On or Off” located in the left corner.
- A window will open immediately. Check if “.NET Framework 3.5” and “4.7” are selected or not.
- If they are already checked, click on “Cancel.” If they are not checked, tick the boxes next to them and click “OK.”
- Exit the Control Panel and restart your computer.
Need Professional Help?
How do I check the Windows 10 version?
The method of verifying the version of Windows 10 Is quite simple: you have to locate the start button and write about your PC. You will get a list of the information related to your PC. Scroll down to solve your Query
Why am I getting compatibility issues in QuickBooks 2014?
Compatibility problems are the most common error that occurs in QuickBooks desktop 2014 because this version does not support Windows 7 operating system. So it is best to proceed with an upgrade process to reduce the burdensome of the issues.
What versions of Windows 10 are compatible with QuickBooks Desktop?
As QuickBooks 2014 is not compatible with Windows 10 so it becomes an important thing to know the versions of Windows 10 are supportable with QuickBooks desktop. The compatible versions are Windows 10 version 1803, Windows 10 Version 1809, Windows version 1709, and Windows 10 version 1507, 1607, 1511, and 1703.
Can you still use QuickBooks 2014?
The good news is that your QuickBooks Desktop 2014 software will continue to work as-is and you can perform the same daily bookkeeping tasks as before. It’s important to note, however, that this feature will no longer be updated if you use add-ons like QB Desktop payroll.
How do I transfer QuickBooks 2014 to a new computer?
1. Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu.
2. Select Utilities and then click on Move QuickBooks to another computer.
3. Choose the option “I’m Ready” and generate a one-time password.
4. Follow the provided instructions to select the USB flash drive for the transfer.
5. Wait patiently while the files are being copied.
What QuickBooks versions work with Windows 11?
As of now, only QuickBooks Desktop 2022 (Pro Plus, Premier Plus, Pro, and Enterprise) R3 or later has been officially confirmed as fully compatible with 64-bit Windows 11. It is important to note that using older versions of QuickBooks with Windows 11 may result in unexpected issues with your software.
Is QuickBooks 2015 compatible with Windows 11?
Microsoft Windows 11 64-bit is fully compatible with QuickBooks Desktop 2022 (Pro Plus, Premier Plus, Pro and Enterprise) R3 or later. If you choose to use Windows 11 for other QuickBooks versions, you may experience some unexpected problems.
Is QuickBooks 2015 no longer supported?
For users of QuickBooks Desktop 2015, it is essential to be aware that access to crucial add-on services will cease to function after May 31st, 2018. To avoid rendering your vital add-on services obsolete, it is highly recommended to upgrade to QuickBooks Desktop 2018.