- 1 How to fix your company file with QuickBooks file doctor?
- 2 Before running the QuickBooks File Doctor, note the below information
- 3 Limitations of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- 4 For fixing the issue, you should attempt to fix the QBW files with QuickBooks Files Doctor Tool.
- 4.1 Method One: Resolve the issue by running the QuickBooks File Doctor Manually
- 4.2 Method Two: you can also resolve this by restoring the backup file of the QBW file
- 4.3 Method Three: If you unable to resolve this error with the above solution, then you can use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
- 4.4 Method Four: Turn off hosting mode and antivirus software
How to fix your company file with QuickBooks file doctor?
QuickBooks – the business accounting software developed by Intuit to gear up the small and medium sized businesses. It offers on-premise and cloud-based accounting solutions that makes business payments, manages and pays bills, and payroll functions easier and smoother. The Intuit database like other databases is prone to problems every now and then.
QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool designed by Intuit to diagnose and repair the common issues with QuickBooks company file. It can repair corruption in your data and Windows and network setup QuickBooks File Doctor issues.
The tool works with .qba and .qbw files. If crucial data in your company files is corrupted or you face any kind of problem with your QuickBooks are you fail to resolve it on your end, in such scenarios QuickBooks File Doctor helps to analyze the issue and fix it successfully.
The issue resolution through this tool depends on whether or not a QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR) folder exists or not. ADR is also a data protection tool from Intuit that is available to some users of QuickBooks software. At times there are certain limitations to this tool that it is unable to repair the files.
What does the QuickBooks File doctor unable mean?
QuickBooks File Doctor software is an integrated application and other more current variants. The software application is planned by Intuit to provide error fixes and fixes for other minor glitches inside QuickBooks. There are a couple of occurrences where clients/customers have experienced issues with the software as it quits working, crashes, hangs, or shows an exemption. At the point when such an issue occurs, the application tosses an error that says, “File Doctor isn’t working”. Users need to resolve this error as soon as possible otherwise it leads to a major loss.
Why QuickBooks 2016, 2107 File doctor unable error appears?
1. When the user opens an incorporated file and unable to open it
2. Failure restoration is the major reason behind this error
3. Improper installation of QuickBooks software
4. The error can reflect when you attempt to change over the old version of the company files over an organization.
5. While creating the company file if you miss not many QuickBooks files.
6. The error shows up when the files are damaged, lost, and corrupted.
Before running the QuickBooks File Doctor, note the below information
If you as of now have FIle Doctor in your system, uninstall it before you download the most recent release. QuickBooks forms delivered after 2015, have a QB File Doctor incorporated into the program. Hence, it is fitting to utilize the outer QuickBooks FileDoctor as opposed to the inside tool.
QuickBooks File Doctor works well for fixing:
QuickBooks errors and damage issues are keeping you from opening your company file. The utilization case for the interior tool is more exact. If the outer File Doctor tool doesn’t fix the damage then utilize the Internal File Doctor and to get compatibility and framework necessities, constraints, and how to utilize the implicit tool.
Compatibility of QuickBooks File Doctor
QB File Doctor has become QuickBooks Built-in tool for QuickBooks Desktop 2016/2017 and later and works with all QuickBooks Desktop for Windows renditions. QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor prior was an alternate tool.
Limitations of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- For file uploading and manual repair, you need an Internet connection and must be connected for the work process.
- The QuickBooks file size must not exceed more than 2GB
- Follow the admin login to run the network diagnosis and QuickBooks needs to be in hosting mode
- You can continue downloading when the File Doctor is still open and in case the File Doctor is closed your upload will begin fresh
- When the Windows User Account Control is ON, the File Doctor will re-launch with elevated admin privileges
You must have an exact note of the required system requirements.
- Network diagnosis and repair – you have to use the Admin login in Windows
- QuickBooks file repair – not mandatory to have QuickBooks installed on the system
- Multi-user repair and diagnosis – make sure QuickBooks Hosting is in ON mode
Make sure that you follow the system requirements. If the File Doctor Tool fails in functioning in a proper manner:
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to detect and repair the errors you are experiencing
- You can clean uninstall and reinstall your QuickBooks
- After uninstalling, run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
(It will help you to rename QuickBooks installation folders that might already be on your system.).
For fixing the issue, you should attempt to fix the QBW files with QuickBooks Files Doctor Tool.
Method One: Resolve the issue by running the QuickBooks File Doctor Manually
- Firstly, launch the application and followed by the framework appears the “No Company Opens screen”
- Open the File menu
- Then, go to the Utilities and choose the “Fix File and Network Problems”
- After this, a dialog box will appear on your screen, and click on the OK button
- Now, QuickBooks file doctor updates the application with permitted rights
- Hit the next click on the Wrench symbol to open the QuickBooks File doctor application
- Click on the Continue
- Write the client certification to sign in to your life. Then the program begins to fix your file issue
- Go to the advanced settings and then choose the “File Diagnosis only” from the drop-menu option
- Click on the Next button
- Follow the displayed guidelines and then open your file to check whether the issue is resolved or not
Method Two: you can also resolve this by restoring the backup file of the QBW file
When you try to run the QuickBooks File Doctor and are unable to run it. Then to resolve it, follow the below guidelines:
- Firstly, you create a backup for the files that are co. The backup files help in supplanting the tainted files with the saved ones.
- Then, you need to open QuickBooks and click on the “File”
- Hit the next click on the “Open or Restore Company” option
- Click on the choice that states “Click Open or Restores a Backup Copy” and proceed by clicking on the “ok” button.
- Now you have to choose the “Local Backup” and click on the “Ok” button.
- A drop-down menu will show up on which you should peruse and choose the location for backup
- You should choose the file that has a “.QBB expansion” and afterward proceed by clicking on “Open” lastly on “Next”.
- A Save In drop-down menu will show up from which you need to choose the location for the restoring files
- You should place the name of the file in the name field. A “Save as” field will naturally spring up with the section of the “*.QBW” file.
- You should press the “Save” catch to end this process.
Method Three: If you unable to resolve this error with the above solution, then you can use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
QuickBooks files are auto-analyzed by the Auto Data Recover usefulness a few hours after their age. For files working with no error, a backup is put away consequently in the Auto Data Recovery organizer. If an error exists, you can utilize this alternative for recuperating the files and restoring them to when they turned out great.
Method Four: Turn off hosting mode and antivirus software
To ensure that File Doctor is running properly on your framework, you need to turn off the hosting mode. Then, the Security Firewall level permits far-off associations from your system. To do as such, follow the underneath referenced advances if you are utilizing antivirus:
- Open the software and click on ‘Web and Email Protection.
- Presently go to Firewall
- Click on Ports and System Services
- After that click on the ‘Add’ button
- Go to the Services Name. In Local TCP/IP ports, type the TCP data for your QuickBooks application
- Under the Local UDP Port, type the TCP data for your QuickBooks application.
- Under Open ports, you need to pick All PCs
- Then, click on Save and restart your system
Need Professional Help?
- Facing Problems while Registering for QuickBooks?
- Memorized Reports in QuickBooks not working: Re-sort QuickBooks to Fix Problems
- Quickbooks Error Unable to Open Company File
- Fix Quickbooks Appcrash-QBW32.exe Error Support
- QuickBooks Error Code 15270
- How to Fix Error Codes: (-1, 0) in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open
- QuickBooks 2018 Installation Errors
- QuickBooks Error Code 503
- QuickBooks Error 6150