Quickbooks account type refers to the kind of account you want to create for the customer or vendor.There is a single account where the details of the customer or client is maintained in a single account or there is a option of merging a account to another here the level of the accounts needs to be same in list of hierarchy.
So once the account is merged there is a account name change option through which the account would be merged.There are some accounts type which is rated by the following types: Assets,Liabilities,Equity,Income and expenses or other income.
Balance sheet account is used when different inventories are entered and their are different features like Bank, Assets and all the transaction or bank related information. In the list menu the option of chart of accounts is used to check all the account types and the account related information is mentioned. If you are facing issues QuickBooks opens minimized we can help you.
Account type depends upon what kind of business or vendor you are dealing with different account types are made by keeping the parameters such as revenue, price of product, total amount to be paid. So the QuickBooks account type varies to the type of client or the type of customers you are dealing with.
Whenever any account is created in QuickBooks, you need to go broad while selecting your account type. The account types are Liability, Income and Assets. Then, you need to select the detailed account type; you need to make it appear in the sub-category at the right place.
There are Majorly Two Types of Accounts in The Charts of Accounts
- Balance Sheet Account
- Income and Expenses Account
1. Income and Expense Account
Expense and Income accounts help you in tracking the source of the income and purposes behind the expenses.
If you want to record the transactions in your balance sheet accounts,
When any transaction is recorded in one of your accounts of balance sheet, an amount of transaction should be assigned to you for income or expense accounts.
Such as, you need to record the transaction about the money that you have taken out of your checking account and the way you have used/spent the money such as office supplies or utilities etc.
No balance of income and expenses in the chart of balance accounts will be displayed by QuickBooks.
To know the amount, do the following and check “in” the income and expenses.
- Go to navigation bar, click on Reports. Now, run profit and loss report.
- Now, go to Accounts’ chart, click on the expenses or income amount and then click on run report.
2. Balance Sheet Account
- Accounts Receivable: It is the transaction related to those customers who have money, deposits of payment, credit memos, refunds and payments etc.
- Bank: Add bank for every account your company owns at your financial institution or bank.
- Other Current Assets: Assets that will be converted into cash or can be used within the year like prepaid expenses, notes receivable within the year, petty cash and deposits of security.
- Fixed and Other Assets: Money, that should be changed into cash in a long run whereas other assets are receivable of long term notes.
- Accounts Payable: These are the transaction related to your money which includes bills and bill payments, credits that you owe over vendors
- Current Liability: The schedules that should be paid within a year. It actually includes payroll taxes, sales taxes, deferredor accrued salary and loans for short-term.
- Long-Term Liability: Amount and mortgages that are to be paid back over a long period of time.
- Credit Card: Payment, bills and credit card purchases.
- Equity: It includes retained earnings, equity of opening balance, Cash balance sheet Quickbooks and owner’s equity. Two last accounts are automatically created by QuickBooks.
Need Professional Help?
Here is how we can assist you, you can get in touch with us via our Toll-Free Number Chat now. You can also have chat with our Quickbooks Technical Support Team according to your convenience of time. Before that, scroll to our website or search the information that you may be seeking for. Our ProAdvisor and Technical Support Team has made available all necessary information and resolution to our customers via our Website.
- Void & Delete A check in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Unable to Connect to live community
- Quickbooks online 2015 linux server requirements and alternatives
- Quickbooks Bank account error 102: How to correct this error in Quickbooks desktop
- QuickBooks Log Error 4
- Profit and loss report in QuickBooks: How to run a detailed report in quickbooks 2017
- QuickBooks Unable to Retrieve Connected Files and Logged in user list
- Is QuickBooks 2014, 2016, 2017 not compatible with windows 10?
- Edit Company Information In QuickBooks
- How to record a refund from a vendor in quickbooks