For security-related concerns, people always prefer to set the password for their QuickBooks Desktop as QuickBooks software comprises your company’s information and important data that is related to your business growth.
When you install the QuickBooks software you have to sign up as an admin and create the password so that you can set the access of certain things too limited people.
- 1 Issues Faced While Resetting Password
- 2 Things to Remember While Resetting the Password
- 3 How to Reset New Password in QuickBooks?
- 4 How to Reset the Admin Password when you do not remember your Old Password
- 5 FAQ
Issues Faced While Resetting Password
At times the users forgot the answer to the security question and then they are unable to reset the password. Password rejected.
Things to Remember While Resetting the Password
- Make sure your accessibility settings are proper as it can lead to your password rejections.
- You should be aware passwords are case sensitive and do not take spaces so while setting passwords ensure you do not type in the spaces.
How to Reset New Password in QuickBooks?
There are certain steps provided below to set the password first is for the one who simply wants to change it, the other is for the people who do not remember the password they entered earlier and last is if you want to change the password for some other user.
To Reset your password follow the steps given below:
- Firstly open your Quickbooks software then open your company’s file.
- Next choose the company tab and go to the setup user and password section.
- After that click on the change password option.
- Now you will have to fill the data in the fields like in the current password field you need to type in your password, then in the new password and the confirm password field type in the password you want to set.
- At last click on the OK button to save the changes, this is how your password will be reset.
How to Reset the Admin Password when you do not remember your Old Password
There are two ways to reset your password the first is by sending the reset code and other is with the help of security Question.
1. Method One: Resetting the Admin password with the help of reset code
- First of all you need to choose the tool according to the QuickBooks version that is used by you.
- Then choose the QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Next you need to type in the details for registering QuickBooks like the licence number of QuickBooks and all the necessary business information and then tap on the Submit button.
- After that agree with the undertaking of license agreement and then tap on the download button.
- Now you need to type in the Token number that was sent to you through the email.
- Then from the drop down list of QuickBooks Product you need to choose the identical version of QuickBooks.
- Next you need to tap on the Browse company file button and choose company file for which password is to be reset.
- Now you will be navigated to change password window type in your new password and confirm it, then tap on the Reset password button.
2. Method Two: Resetting the Admin password with the help of security Question
- First of all enter to the login window of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then click on the I forgot my password link at the right side of the password field.
- Next tap on the Security question option.
- As soon as you answer the Question you will receive the message saying the company file you are using is not password protected anymore.
- Next you will be navigated to the change password window type in your new password and new security question answer.
- At last click on the Ok button to save.
Need Professional Help?
For more information and updates related to QuickBooks, get in touch with our SMB Technical Support Team on ?smbaccountants.com. We have proficient people in our SMB QuickBooks Product Help team who will assist you until you get the correct solution.
How can I find my QuickBooks Admin Password?
From your QuickBooks homepage, firstly sign-in as an admin user. Open the Company menu and choose the “Set up users and password” option. Then, a page will appear on your screen, and then enter the admin password again. But for QuickBooks 2020 version, login into the window and choose the “I forgot my password” option then choose the email from the available preferences. They will send you a token to reset the new password.
What to do if I forget my Quickbooks Admin password?
Reset your password from another administrator account. Login to windows by utilizing an administrator account that has a password you know. Click on the “Start” button and then choose the “Run” option. Go to the open box and then write “Control userpassword2” and select that user account that you have forgot the password. Choose the reset password option and you are all done.
Is it possible to change a Quickbooks administrator without a password?
Yes, press the window + X key at the same time and the command prompt will appear on your screen. Choose the Admin option and hit the Yes button to run as an administrator. After this, delete the administrator account with the command. In the given box, write the “net user administrator/ delete” and hit the enter key to fix your all issues.