One of the common issues that users face is the user not being able to create PDF or send forms. This issue mostly occurs when you update your windows and some other Microsoft XPS report widget is appending in the framework or there is an incorrect setting of the email. The form is not sent because your QuickBooks Software is not able to create the required PDF files.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
QuickBooks Save as PDF not working is a typical issue revealed by clients and many users. At the point when you update to Windows 10 and prompt QuickBooks to create PDFs for you that is the point at which it shows up. The issue shows error messages, for example, “QuickBooks couldn’t save your structure as a PDF file”. The other one being, “Your structures were not sent because QuickBooks couldn’t make the important PDF files”. QuickBooks provides the QB Print and PDF Repair Tool to determine normal printing errors, which at times neglects to determine this issue. In the blog, we give you the strategy to determine Quickbooks Save as PDF not Working error. The methods referenced further in the article are useful when QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tools didn’t resolve the error.
- 1 Why Upgrading to Windows 10 Leads to Quickbooks PDF Generation Error?
- 2 What is Error: QuickBooks couldn’t save your form as a PDF file?
- 3 Reasons for the “QuickBooks can’t make PDF” issue
- 4 Reasons QuickBooks is not able to Create PDF
- 5 How to Resolve QuickBooks Cannot Send Forms or Create Pdfs?
- 5.1 Method 1: Reinstalling Microsoft XPS
- 5.2 Method 2: Download and Run QuickBooks PDF and print repair tool
- 5.3 Method 3: Run system file checker to repair MSXML 6.0
- 5.4 Method 4: Bypass the print spooler
- 5.5 Method 5: Managing Windows User Permissions for XPS Document Author
- 5.6 Method 6: Check if reconcile window is seem off of the screen.
- 5.7 Need Professional Help?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
Why Upgrading to Windows 10 Leads to Quickbooks PDF Generation Error?
The capacity that worked fine before, is presently setting off QuickBooks PDF Generation Error after upgrading. At the point when a client installs or moves up to Window 10, another Microsoft XPS record essayist gadget gets added to the framework design. It connects to the default port “PORTPROMPT”. This causes clashes and at last, QuickBooks save as PDF not working error emerges. Allow us to see specialized group proposed steps for settling the error QuickBooks report to PDF not working error without utilizing QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool.
The Tried and Tested Way to Avoid Exporting Quickbooks Data to PDF Error
- In the first step, click on the Windows Start button.
- Then, you have to Type “Print Management” in the Search Programs and Files search box.
- Press Enter and click the Print management program that shows up at the top.
- After this, the Print Management window opens up. On the left half of the window grow Print Server.
- Hit the next click on the name of your PC and select Printers.
- Erase the Microsoft XPS Document Writer by right-clicking on it. The essayist may have caused
What is Error: QuickBooks couldn’t save your form as a PDF file?
Your structures were not sent because QuickBooks couldn’t make the fundamental PDF file error demonstrates that the error with PDF file mailing and printing. This error is frequently seen when you attempt to make, email or print a report. Likewise, it tends to be seen when you invigorate Windows 10 and afterward move to the PDF files. This is regularly seen when you explore Windows 10, and afterward, the Microsoft XPS report writer device is added to the form plan, and this joins itself default port named PORTPROMPT that can struggle during higher printing interest.
Reasons for the “QuickBooks can’t make PDF” issue
QuickBooks Unable to Create PDF, At least one of the reasons given beneath can make QuickBooks unfit to make PDF :
- A PDF file part is absent
- PDF converter installation errors, for example, Error 1722 or 1801
- Errors identified with QuickBooks PDF converter enactment
- PDF Converter has become disconnected
- QuickBooks can’t save the structure as PDF
- Print driver host has quit working
- The gadget isn’t prepared error
- Availability problem with a printer
- An unrecoverable error has happened
- Accommodating accounts freezes QuickBooks
- QuickBooks has gotten lethargic
Reasons QuickBooks is not able to Create PDF
- There is no PDF file component due to the improper installation of PDF converter.
- Freezing of QuickBooks during the reconciliation of accounts.
- The print driver host is not operating for the 32-bit application.
- Error -41, -30, in PDF converter activation.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Cannot Send Forms or Create Pdfs?
There are various methods that can be used for resolving this issue some of them are mentioned below:
Method 1: Reinstalling Microsoft XPS
One option to consider is reinstalling Microsoft XPS. The steps to perform this process are as follows:
- To verify and ensure XPS services are enabled, you need to click on the Windows or Start button.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Navigate to the System group and click on “Uninstall/Change a program.”
- Next, click on “Turn Windows features on.”
- Ensure that the XPS services and the XPS viewer are enabled by scrolling down:
- After checking both boxes and hitting the OK tab, test QuickBooks to see if the issue has been resolved.
- The steps below should be followed in case you identify both options and the problem persists:
Reinstall XPS Document writer in Windows 8
The process of reinstalling the XPS Document Writer in Windows 8 may vary from other Windows versions. If you are a Windows 8 user, follow the steps below:
- Move the mouse cursor to the corner of the screen to bring up the Start screen.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Click on “Control Panel.”
- Choose “Devices and Printers.”
- Right-click on the icon for “Microsoft XPS Document Writer” and select “Remove device.”
- Confirm by clicking “Yes.”
- From the toolbar, click on “Add a printer” and choose “Add a local printer/network printer with manual settings.”
- Select “PORTPROMPT- local port.”
- Click “Next.”
- Select “Microsoft” and choose “Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4” from the list of manufacturers.
- Click “Next,” then select the option to replace the current driver and click “Next” again.
- Verify that the name is “Microsoft XPS Document Writer” by checking version 4.
- Finally, click on the “Finish” button.
Reinstalling XPS document writer for Windows 7 and Vista
Following these steps will surely assist you in reinstalling XPS document writer in Windows 7 and Vista.
- Firstly, go to the start menu and select the printer and devices option.
- Then locate the Microsoft XPS Document Writer and by right-clicking on it choose the remove device option.
- Next tap on the yes button to make the confirmation.
- Now go to the toolbar and tap on the add a printer option.
- Then choose the add local printer option.
- After that select the XPS port and tap on the Next button.
- Navigate to the Manufacture list and select the Microsoft group, from there click on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
- Further choose the replace current driver option and tap on the next button.
Method 2: Download and Run QuickBooks PDF and print repair tool
In addition, you can download and run the QuickBooks PDF and print repair tool from the QuickBooks tool hub program. Here are the steps to follow:
- First of all, download the QuickBooks repair tool software and run it.
- Once the tool is successfully installed you need to start with the files with .pdf extension that were creating issues.
- If you encounter an error on the screen, restart your system and try again.
- Confirm that you want to print the XPS document author and save it as a PDF file.
- Use the XPS document author elements to save the XPS document author as a PDF file.
- Open Notepad and type in your desired content.
- Go to the “File” menu and click on “Print.”
- Select the XPS document author and choose the “Print” option.
- Select the desktop as the destination.
- Navigate to the desktop and check if you can open and read the XPS document from there.
Method 3: Run system file checker to repair MSXML 6.0
Now, you need to run the System File Checker (SFC) to repair the built-in MSXML 6.0 in Windows 8. The System File Checker is a Microsoft tool designed to repair Windows system files. Please follow these steps:
For Windows 8:
- Begin by pressing the Windows Start button.
- Type in the command and then right-click on it.
- From the options shown in the bottom bar, select “Run as administrator.”
- If prompted, enter the administrator password and click on OK.
- Lastly, type “sfc /scan now” and press Enter.
For Windows 7 and windows vista:
To repair MSXML 6.0 built into Windows 7, run the system file checker. The steps are as follows:
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Select “All Programs” and then click on “Accessories.”
- Right-click on “Command Prompt” and choose “Run as administrator.”
- If prompted, enter the administrator password.
- Type “sfc /scan now” into the Command Prompt.
Method 4: Bypass the print spooler
- To start with, you’re purported to open printer control panel within the windows.
- Right-click the Microsoft XPS document author.
- Followed by choosing the printer properties.
- The next step is to hit a click on the advanced tab so click on the print on to the printer choice.
- Save changes by clicking the OK button.
- to finish the method, shut printer properties.
If none of these methods worked, you can manage windows user permissions for XPS document writer. This might work up to a certain extent. Here are the steps to take:
- The initial step is to open the printer’s electrical device.
- Right-click the Microsoft XPS document author.
- Additionally, press the choice Printer properties.
- Followed by clicking on security choice.
- Search for the everybody user cluster.
- So press adds tab.
- You’re then purported to sort in everybody so click on the check names choice.
- Hit the OK button so press print choice and check-mark the row having enabled column so hit the OK button.
- Moving ahead, move to C:\Windows\system32\spool in.
- Right-click the printer’s choice so click on the safe choice.
- Currently hit a click on edit and add severally.
- Followed by getting into the native service.
- Also, make sure that the native service has full management so click the OK button.
- The ultimate step is to open QuickBooks and make a PDF file
Method 6: Check if reconcile window is seem off of the screen.
- Verify if the reconcile window is listed within the list window menu.
- so choose shut all.
- The last step is to begin the reconciliation method once more.
Issues Faced by the Users
- The user is not able to email from QuickBooks.
- The user is not able to attach and send the invoices if they attach the pdf invoice.
- QuickBooks is not able to save the form as a pdf file.
Need Professional Help?
If the above steps are not able to resolve your issues, then you can contact our SMB QuickBooks Technical Support team. Our SMB QuickBooks tech support team is accessible 24*7. Call our QuickBooks Helpline smbaccountants.com for quick and swift responses.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won’t QuickBooks let me save as PDF?
If a Windows user lacks the necessary permissions to print to the XPS Document Writer, QuickBooks will be unable to convert the file to a .pdf format. In such cases, signing in with administrative rights may be required to modify these permissions.
How do I fix missing PDF component in QuickBooks?
In order to resolve the QuickBooks missing PDF component error, you can try the following solutions:
1. Verify if the XPS services are enabled.
2. Make the necessary modifications to the Windows user permissions for the XPS Document Writer.
3. Adjust the settings of your security software.
4. Install or repair the MSXML 6.0 component.
5. Create a new template for your form.
How do I reinstall QuickBooks PDF converter on Windows 10?
To begin, right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and choose the “Properties” option. Then, click on either “Find target” or “Open file location.” Next, double-click on the installation application or “install.exe” to proceed with the installation of the PDF converter as an alternative option.