Categories in Quickbooks
In QuickBooks there are many products and services which are categorized to keep the understanding of the vast products and services sequentially. It makes the things comfortable for employees by keeping it simple and easy to keep the correct product to the minimum of the efforts required.
These categories can be in any terms of QuickBooks like there are categories of vendors, employees, products, transactions and payments which means every part of QuickBooks is categorized so that for everyone who is using QuickBooks will get the detailed structure of what user is looking for simply defining any object that is present in the QuickBooks is called category in QuickBooks.
How the categories are settled in QuickBooks:
- By going to the option of manage categories.
- There will be an option to add new category.
- Then under all lists it will be defined as a category.
Uses of Categories in QuickBooks:
- For keeping all the details in sequence to be looked at whenever needed.
- To see what exactly the user wants to look at by selecting the particular category in QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks each and every part is categorized to avoid confusion and keep it user friendly.
- By the categories in QuickBooks one can get the right information in short time.
What does category means in QuickBooks?
Category basically means bifurcating the products and services that you are looking to sell to the customers. By categorizing what to sell, you will be able know the volume of sales, which segment is buying what and other such important aspects. Categories will also help you to complete the transaction forms easily, as by categorizing the items, you will be able to search them easily.
How to set up the categories?
While creating the service or any item you have to choose the category from the options given in drop down. You can also create a category by yourself, all you have to do is select Add new. You also have freedom to set the categories by yourself. Click on the list page of products and services or Manage Categories and then go forward with adding the new categories.
How to edit or delete the categories?
Select categories by going to All lists, which is present present on the screen top near the icon of company gear. In the list of categories, select the category you are looking forward to edit and click on Edit to make the changes you wanted to make. Be it changing the name of the category or its heirarchy, placing it under any sub-category or shifting it to the top, or deleting it by clicking on Remove button.
If a sub-category or category is removed the items saved under it will be either uncategorised or reclassified or will be moved one sub-category up.
Items can be divided into more than one sub-category or category?
Answer to this question is that No, you can’t classify one item into more than one category. Products, placed under the subcategory will also remain present in that category only.
Our QuickBooks customer support team is always present to assist and guide you on all issues related to QuickBooks. You can give a call to QuickBooks Technical Support team anytime round the year, on our smb_accountants. QuickBooks tech support team is just a call away.
We at SMB Accountants can help you with all kinds of QuickBooks. We can assist you even if you are looking for QuickBooks Pos Support.We provide 24×7 service for QuickBooks.
- Error 1911 could not register type library for file in quickbooks desktop
- Memorized Reports in QuickBooks not working: Re-sort QuickBooks to Fix Problems
- QuickBooks Got Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo.
- QuickBooks Copy Company File with No Transactions
- QuickBooks Charts: QB charts for better visualizing your data
- Delete A Payment In QuickBooks
- Quickbooks change default invoice template in quickbooks 2015, 2016, 2017
- QBwin.log: How to locate and use the qbwin.log file
- Set Up QuickBooks for Property Management
- QuickBooks ND File error: What is it within quickbooks desktop and enterprise