When there is any kind of damage that is being occurred in QuickBooks and you just uninstall it and then again reinstall that particular QuickBooks desktop then this whole thing is known as the QuickBooks cleanup tool, but you have to be clever enough while uninstalling QuickBooks as you should have the valid license available before doing anything with QuickBooks.
There are different types of solutions which you can follow as an QuickBooks cleanup tool:
- 1 How to Reinstall QuickBooks clean tool in QuickBooks Enterprise 2015 & 2016 Solution:
- 2 How To Use The Clean Up Company Data Utility Tool
- 3 FAQs
- 3.1 Can I embed newly installed files after reinstalling clean QuickBooks?
- 3.2 How do you backup files before a clean install of QuickBooks?
- 3.3 Why should I uninstall while reinstallation of QuickBooks enterprise 2015?
- 3.4 When to use QuickBooks cleanup tool?
- 3.5 Can I use a cleanup tool in any version of QuickBooks?
How to Reinstall QuickBooks clean tool in QuickBooks Enterprise 2015 & 2016 Solution:
To reinstall QuickBooks Enterprise 2015 by utilizing a cleanup tool, you need to do an uninstallation process of QuickBooks.
Following are the steps:
Time to Reinstall 7 minutes
Ensure That A Clean Installation is Perfect for You
💠 Collect information and backup previous data
💠 Download latest updates and keep license number handy
Un-install QuickBooks Enterprise
💠 The initial step is to open a run dialog window through pressing Windows+R
💠 Enter Control Panel and then hit on Ok
💠 Choose the program and features tab
💠 Move a cursor towards program list, then QuickBooks, and then click on Uninstall
💠 Follow the instructions written on the screen to finish the process
Rename Installation Content
The next step is to rename the installation files and folders. What to do when error message popup while renaming the folder:
Follow the steps:
💠 Locate Windows Task Bar, click on Task Manager
💠 Discover Processes option
💠 Choose the Name Option to search the list
💠 Choose the processes named Qbw32.exe., QBDBMgr.exe, and QBCFMonitorService.exe
💠 End every above-selected process
💠 Click on yes
Download and Install Clean Up Tool
💠 After that, download the cleanup tool file and save it like other files on your computer.
💠 Open a file named clean install .exe
💠 Choose I accept instructions appearing on the screen
💠 Select version and hit on continue
💠 Click on Ok
Execute The Downloaded Cleanup Tool
When this tool gets executed, it renames all old installed files automatically. This also permits to add files later after the reinstallation process.
To do this, follow the instructions:
💠 Locate QuickBooks Tool Hub
💠 Choose installation issues
💠 Hit on Clean Install Tool and then click on Ok
💠 Select preferred version and then click on Continue
💠 Hit on OK
Rename Installation Folders Manually
When you face any errors even after the use of a cleanup tool then, you need to rename files manually.
The steps are given below:
💠 Open hidden files
💠 Locate start option and write File Explorer
💠 Discover and open the files containing QuickBooks company files which are generally located in QuickBooks folder
💠 Right-click on the preferred folder
💠 Embed the word old in the folder name. This helps QuickBooks to recognize while attempting it during a reinstall process.
Reinstall QuickBooks Enterprise 2015
Reinstall the QuickBooks Enterprise 2015 version
How To Use The Clean Up Company Data Utility Tool
- Firstly go to the File menu and select the Utilities option and click on the Clean Up Company Data button .
- Then, select the Compress data box checkbox and click on the OK button in the warning box that appears once you select the Compress data option.
- and click OK after the warning message.
- Now, go to Non-history and history documents window and select the list of files that you want to remove.
- After that click on the next button.
- Once you click on the next button cleanup window appears, then click on the Cleanup button and let it display successfully done.
- If it shows the error message then select the compress data option and start the second cleanup.
We provide support for the QuickBooks and related products. For any query related to Quickbooks or related software contact our QuickBooks Technical Support Team. We have best executives in our QuickBooks Expert Team who have years of experience and immense knowledge of software, and provide the best and quick solutions to our customers. Our QuickBooks Customer Support Team recognize the customers issues and provide them the appropriate solutions. Call on smbaccountants.com.
Can I embed newly installed files after reinstalling clean QuickBooks?
Yes, you can add newly installed documents later after a reinstall. The Clean Install Tool renames all your previous install folders automatically.
How do you backup files before a clean install of QuickBooks?
Before using a cleanup tool you need to create a backup of files so that you prevent loss of information. This backup file can be restored after reinstalling QuickBooks enterprise. You need to locate the file option, select Back Up, discover and hit on Automatically Back up, and perform a suitable backup frequency and selections from the Backup windows.
Why should I uninstall while reinstallation of QuickBooks enterprise 2015?
To reinstall you need to uninstall previous installed QuickBooks which might contain corrupted files. To completely erase the damaged file there requires an uninstall process.
When to use QuickBooks cleanup tool?
Sometimes few files of QuickBooks get damaged which results in a popup of error messages which interrupt the smooth operation of the software. In such a case, you can use the clean install tool to repair the corrupted files. In this, to perform a reinstallation uninstall process is mandatory. A clean reinstallation lets you resolve company file issues.
Can I use a cleanup tool in any version of QuickBooks?
Yes, you can use a cleanup tool to rectify the commonly occurred errors in any version and editions of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Unable to Retrieve Connected Files and Logged in user list
- How to Set up Owners Draw in QuickBooks?
- UNABLE TO BACKUP QUICKBOOKS
- How to Convert Navision to QuickBooks?
- How to Fix Unable To Sync License QuickBooks
- How to Delete Memorized Reports in Quickbooks?
- Import qbw file to QuickBooks Online
- Pay Vacation And Sick Time In QuickBooks Desktop
- Print Blank Checks in QuickBooks
- Activate Payroll in Quickbooks