Went over an irritating spring-up message expressing “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks should close right away. Any unsaved information should be reappeared” and don’t have the foggiest idea how to manage it? Indeed, there can be various hidden reasons causing connection issues. Regularly while working with the company file, such errors unexpectedly show up and prevent the whole working interaction. Trouble in getting to the company file may prompt such sort of error. Likewise, if the system goes to rest mode, then, at that point you can wind up in this error. Or on the other hand, if the inward organization card of a system is set to go into the rest mode after a specific timeframe, then, at that point it may prompt the lost connection issue.
- 1 About the “QuickBooks Connection has been lost”
- 2 Signs and Symptoms of connection lost error in QuickBooks
- 3 What Causes Error message: Connection Has Been Lost?
- 4 Fast tips before resolving the error
- 5 Solutions of QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error
- 6 Fixing The Missing or Damaged ND File
- 7 Stop QuickBooks Database Service & Then Restart It
- 8 FAQ
- 8.1 Do I need to check the network to fix the QuickBooks connection that has lost an error?
- 8.2 What are the steps to fix the QuickBooks connection that have been lost by configuring the settings of hosting?
- 8.3 What if the QuickBooks connection has been lost, error happens because the company file is stored on a portable drive? How to check it?
About the “QuickBooks Connection has been lost”
The error name itself shows what is the issue here. It’s anything but an error that seems when the product loses the connection to the company file. This may wind up in shutting the product right away. Also, if the information is unsaved, it probably won’t be recuperated and you may need to reappear it. This demonstrates that the product won’t get to the company file anymore or a specific segment of the company file. This issue is like an Abort error, where the product can’t change or continue to the company file in the mid of the interaction. This likewise damages the QBWUSER.INI file. There can be different elements causing this issue, which will be examined later in this article. Along these lines, try to peruse further.
If you are facing difficulties while accessing your company file of yours then it might cause the error given below, while you try to use or open the QuickBooks Desktop.
Close the QuickBooks immediately. Data that is unsaved have to be entered again.”
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Signs and Symptoms of connection lost error in QuickBooks
To distinguish the error, the beneath signs and side effects would work:
- If the QuickBooks programming shows the error while opening or is closing down frequently with an unrecoverable QuickBooks error, then, at that point, this error is plausible to occur.
- If the system is being closed down often without getting any error message.
- Or on the other hand, you observe the product getting ended from windows 8.
- If the product abruptly quits working and an error message springs up on the screen.
- Another sign can be if the system is arbitrarily smashing.
What Causes Error message: Connection Has Been Lost?
- This error can be caused if the company file is put away on another system or on a compact drive and the connection the capacity gadget was upset.
- Another factor causing the issue can be if the force the executives’ settings in windows enacted the rest or hibernation mode on the system having the company file.
- You can likewise face such an issue if more than one system on an organization is arranged to host the QuickBooks company file.
- In case, if the systems in a multi-client installation are running various renditions of QuickBooks.
- If the information in the company file gets damaged in some way or another.
- If you utilize an independent system
There can be two or three elements causing this issue, out of which we have enrolled a portion of the normal ones underneath:
- Any antivirus hindering the QuickBooks desktop.
- Or then again if the QuickBooks company file got defiled.
- You may likewise confront specific issues if the envelope where the company file is saved requires some extra authorization.
Fast tips before resolving the error
Before you hop on to the nitty-gritty methodology to dispose of the QuickBooks connection loss issue, here we have a couple of fast tips that could assist you with disposing of the error effortlessly:
- You can restart the database server manager.
- Moving the file to an alternate organizer.
- The setting power-saving choice to never.
- If t you are utilizing only one PC, then, at that point you can complete the beneath steps:
- The organizer where the company file is put away might require additional authorization.
- Any outsider programming like antivirus may repudiate QuickBooks bookkeeping programming.
- If the QuickBooks company file itself is bad.
Solutions of QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error
1. Solution One: Restart Quickbooks
In order to resolve this issue, Be advised to get the QuickBooks restarted
2. Solution Two: Restart Your System
If the first method won’t work than consider to give a Try to Restarting your system
3. Solution Three: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Using QuickBooks File Doctor in order to resolve the issue
- First of all, get the QuickBooks File Doctor downloaded and installed
- Then click twice on the icon of the tool, present on the desktop, in order to launch it
- Check the results
- If, No problem detected in your Company File appears, then it means that company file doesn’t have any issue and it is OK. In case the error still appears then get the data of your company file verified and if required rebuild it.
- If data damage is detected by tool, then:
- Try repairing file. You will be able to know from toll whether it has fixed your file or not
- Then make sure that you restore company file that is been backed up recently
- You can also try QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery in order to get back the lost data
If the connection of your computer is done through network and the data file is been stored in another computer
- There are chances that your network connection is unstable
- Folder where you have saved the file may require additional permission
- Access to the network is prevented by the firewall
- Power saving mode is on
Fixing The Missing or Damaged ND File
On the system where the QuickBooks company file is hosted:
- Go to the Windows Start button and right-click on it and then select Explore
- Browse the folder where the company file is saved
- Now go to the file which has the name, same as the company file with the .nd extension right-click on it and then tap on Rename
- Get the extension of the file name change to .ndold and after that press Enter
- Then get the company file opened by opening QuickBooks. A new network data file will be created by QuickBooks for the company file.
Stop QuickBooks Database Service & Then Restart It
The computer where the QuickBooks company file is hosted:
1. Firstly, get the database server process stopped:
- Go to Windows Taskbar and then right click on the blank space and then select the Task Manager
- Click on the tab of Processes
- Click on the column heading of Image Name so that entries are sorted out alphabetically
- Then right click on the qbdbmgrn.exe after that choose End Process
- After that close the Task Manager
2. Get the Computer Management window opened
- Microsoft Windows Vista:
- Click on the logo of Microsoft Windows Vista
- Then right-click on the Computer after that select Manage
- Windows XP:
- Click on the icon of My Computer and then select Manage
3. Ensure that the database server process is restarted:
- Go to the Computer Management window and click on the symbol of + (Plus) adjacent to the Services and Applications and then get the section expanded
- Select the Services
- Now in the window of Service click on the column heading of Name in order to get the entries sorted out alphabetically
- Then right-click on the service of QuickBooksDB17 and choose Start
- Then get the window of Computer Management closed.
Need Professional Help?
In order to know more about the other steps, which can resolve the issue, you can get in touch with our SMBAccountants team 24*7 on Live Chat.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
Do I need to check the network to fix the QuickBooks connection that has lost an error?
Yes, you have to check the network so that you can provide the permissions to access Windows. In case it is not permitted for your QuickBooks software then this error QuickBooks connection has been lost.
The steps are:
1. Firstly, open and then save another file on the server. This makes sure that you have the access that is required
—– (a.) Now, create and delete the Wordpad or MS Excel file on your computer
2. After this, you are unable to create or delete a file that is a non-QuickBooks file
3. Then set the permissions to access Windows that are required for QuickBooks.
What are the steps to fix the QuickBooks connection that have been lost by configuring the settings of hosting?
The steps to configure the hosting settings are as follows:-
1. In your QuickBooks software
2. Click on the File menu option
3. Select the Utilities from further options
A. In Utilities, if you see the option Host Multi-User Access option then you have to select it. This helps you to enable the hosting on your system and then continue
B. In Utilities, if you see the option Stop Hosting Multi-User Access then don’t do anything. It means the hosting is already enabled so you can proceed further
What if the QuickBooks connection has been lost, error happens because the company file is stored on a portable drive? How to check it?
The case of using a company file through a portable drive is not recommended. You should use and save your file on a local drive.
To check portable drive the steps are:-
A. Verify that the portable drive is connected to your computer then try to do these things:-
1. To disconnecting and reconnecting to the drive you are using
2. To save the other files for making sure that it is working
3. To locate the company data file on the portable drive via My Computer or This PC