QuickBooks Desktop accounting software has all the necessary features required for a business to run. It also enables you to copy your company file and all other data with or without the transaction details.
Also, it allows you to make or generate a new file by making a copy of the file that already exists. You should also ensure that if you are using the services like the payroll desktop service, E-pay or the direct deposits then the subscription should be active in only one of the company files.
When you copy a company file you will have the copy of all your templates, accounts, preferences and list from original company. QuickBooks allows you to make use of the utility named condense data and then remove the entire transactions.
Considerations Before Copying Company File
- Prior copying the files you should ensure that the QuickBooks desktop software is installed properly on the system on which you will copy the files.
- You should always ensure that you assign a new name to the company file on your old system so as to prevent the use of wrong file.
- To avoid the loss of data it is recommended to assign the new name, prior to the restoration process rather than overwriting the company file as overwriting can lead to malfunctioning or data loss.
- The users who have taken the subscription of the Payroll services should always have the updated tax table downloaded so that there is no issue when the files are moved.
How To Copy Company File With No Transactions
1. Step One: Make a Backup of Quickbooks Company File
The first step that is to be followed is to make a backup of the QuickBooks company file, for creating the backup the given instructions are to be followed:
- First of all, open your QuickBooks desktop software then switch to the File menu.
- Then choose the option named single user mode.
- Next you need to click on the Backup Company option and make a local backup so that you can use it in future.
- Further you will see a create backup window is opened and from there tap on the local backup tab.
- Next click on the options button.
- Now select the location where the backup is to be made.
- Then you need to go through the checkboxes and select whichever is required.
- At last tap on the next button and choose the backup options like if whether you wish to save your backup in future or save it now. You can select both the options also.
2. Step Two: The Restoration of Company File
Next step is the restoration of the company file.
- Firstly, go to the QuickBooks home window and from there click on the File menu.
- Then tap on the option named Open or Restore Company for opening the open and restore window.
- After that tap on Restore backup copy option.
- Next you need to select the Local Backup option and tap on the next button.
- Now navigate to the lookup drop down list and choose the location where you want the backup file to be created.
- Next select the backup file of. qbb extension and save it on the location you want.
- At the end, tap on save and close button.
The last step includes removing all the transactions from the copied company file by simply clicking on the file menu and choosing the utility group and tapping on the condense data option.
Issues Faced By the User
- Users are not able create a copy of QuickBooks Company file.
- Some users face issues like the transaction which were condensed and removed are still visible.
- User is not able to duplicate the company file without the data.
- How do I Delete Received Payment in QuickBooks
- How to fix error code 324 or 106 on QuickBooks?
- Search by Invoice Number in Quickbooks
- QuickBooks Categories
- QuickBooks Server Linux: What are the system requirement for linux database.
- Enter Payroll in QuickBooks Manually
- How to Fix Unable To Sync License QuickBooks
- Quickbooks Error 15215 while Installing Updates
- How to Delete Memorized Reports in Quickbooks?
- How to Use the QuickBooks Web Connector With Your Volusion