QuickBooks Crystal reports are a new trend in projects these days. For more understanding of QuickBooks data from crystal reports, you have to introduce a special ODBC driver called QODBC. QODBC is basically an exceptional driver in which when the queries are entered within the QB tables then it displays a small counter panel for each table.
It showcases the records returned from that table. Suppose the report is composed of six tables and you can view the pile of small windows crop up open and close as QODBC assembles your data set.
Common Errors Reported
In case you redistribute the reports to users with a client-side viewer program. The report worked fine in CR but would not return any data through the viewer. It took a while to find the problem. If you want QODBC to access data in QuickBooks, then first log into QB as an administrator.
After this, run the first query to access all the data present in QB. Now to successfully run reports using the CR viewer, you need to quit QuickBooks and log in again as an administrator. This should resolve these issues.
Another case is how the tables are presented.
While attempting to create a simple report that used the Invoice Header table resulted in windows displaying records being read from the Invoice Details table. It shows that some fields that are listed as columns saved in the header table are the real values of the fetched from the details table.
In case you plan to amalgamate QuickBooks/QODBC and Crystal, you need to ensure that you are available with sufficient energy. The process of garnering data out of QuickBooks comprises overhead costs and also functions slow.
How to Create a Report with QuickBooks Data?
Intuit recommend steps to create a new report via wizard or manual methods.
They are as follows:
- Expand the folder called ‘Create New Connection’.
- Next, expand another folder called OBDC (RDO) to open a new window.
- Under this new screen locate and click on QuickBooksData.dsn, followed by the ‘Next’ tab, and lastly click on the ‘Finish’ button.
- The new set of tables of QuickBooks appears for further selection by you.
- Choose the appropriate tables required for your report (go through the following details for manual SQL statements and sp_reports).
- Link your tables (View the data layouts for linking information
- The table fields are now available for selection in your report. Run reports as normal from this point
How to Generate a New Report with SQL or Existing QB reports?
- In the scenario of Manual SQL statements or sp_reports, you need to select the ‘Add Command’ and rotate to the right side of the panel.
- A new screen will pop up.
- Either copy & paste or enter manually your SQL statement or sp_report command as shown, then click “OK”
- This will enter the SQL statement in order to edit, right-click on ‘Command’ and then select an OK tab.
- The end result will be an occurrence of fields labeled within the SQL statement for the selection process.
Anticipations when using the QODBC Driver with CR
- QuickBooks basically function on a flat database and even after using the OBDC driver, the database does not convert to a relational database. This is the only reason why relating more than several tables will begin to severely affect the performance and there will be no indexes. The problem can be faced in the different versions in the future versions of SDK and QODBC developed by Intuit.
- QODBC functions like a cover/shield around the Intuit SDK that helps customers to acquire their required information through regular database toolsexempting to learn the SDK. Thus it is the best way to garner QuickBooks Crystal Reports.
- The latest filters can be used for filtering particular date ranges whenever needed.
- Next, add the fields that you need in order to use sp_reports correctly.
- With the new VB Demo to find out which fields you required
- Enable the sp_report to use the QuickBooks report engine that already “relates” the tables. You can relate a sp_report and a table to draw a list of results.
- Await for QODBC to function in a similar way to other relational-based ODBC drivers that will cause some annoyance as through XML only Intuit unveils its data.
- While grouping via a table field, you can use a formula to put the field within it. This authorizes Crystal to do the grouping, in compared to the driver which is much faster.
- There are many crystal reports that is developed by the QODBC Development team to arrange and have modified for you. If time and learning curve are considered as imperative factors, it is probably be a cheaper option.
For more information on your query “QuickBooks Crystal Reports” and support you can contact QuickBooks customer support number immediately.
The support team is proficient in handling the QB issues through phone support, email support and live chat option.
Otherwise, you can reach out to reliable third-party companies like smbaccountants.com. This QB support agency hires top QuickBooks experts who have experience and knowledge combined together. They assure feasible support in a very short time. You can give us a call at our Quickbooks Pro Tech support number at ?smbaccountants.com and acquire immediate support.