How to Customize Invoice in QuickBooks Online
The custom field refers to the user defined field that you can create according to your own convenience like if you want to store the data of registration number of a vehicle you can simply create a custom field for this.
There are various pieces of information that are different and important for an organization’s functioning and QuickBooks allow you to use custom fields option to get your requirements fulfilled. QuickBooks enables you to add the custom fields to the many transactions once they are prepared.
Here are the types of list on which you can create the custom fields. Customer list, Item lists, vendor lists and the employee list. After creating the custom field, you have the right to apply it to the orders like sales and purchase, invoices, credit memos, reports and to the estimates.
Things to Remember
- There is a limit of typing the number of characters in the custom field, the information you are entering should not be more than thirty characters.
- For the item list you can create only five custom fields whereas in the vendor, employee and customer list you can create seven custom fields.
- You do not have the permission to alter the position and the size of field, although you can always use the layout designer for doing the modifications in printed form.
- If you do the modifications in any custom field, you will be always prompted with a message of whether to update the information in customer box of customer record.
- You cannot add the custom fields to statements or any of transaction form.
How to Add Custom Invoices Fields?
Note: The custom field to invoices is only applicable for the QuickBooks Plus and QuickBooks Online Essentials.
To add the custom fields on sales form, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, launch your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Then on the top of the main screen choose the gear icon.
- Next you need to click on the company settings or the Account and Settings option.
- Further go to the left corner and choose the sales option.
- Now you need to go to the section named sales form content and from there click on the pencil icon which is used for doing the edits.
- Then you need to type in the name for each of the boxes that are present under custom field and choose the option if you want the fields to appear for public or you want them to be internal.
- Once you are done with the above steps click on the save button and you will now see the custom field that you added on the sales form.
- At last,click on the Done button to finish this.
- You should be aware that if you have not entered something on the custom field, then the field will not be printed.
Issues Faced by the Users while working with Custom Invoices
- Some of the users are not able to import the custom invoices to their QuickBooks online.
- Some users face issues while adding the custom fields on the bills they encounter a message displaying not supported for bills and invoices.
- The user is not able to expand the functionality of the custom field.
To get these problems resolved, you can always feel free to contact our SMB Technical Expert professionals they will surely give an excellent solution that is not time consuming also you can follow the steps given below for importing the custom invoices.
How to Import the custom invoice to QuickBooks Online?
- First of all, you have to put the import style in on state by simply choosing the import style option in QuickBooks Labs section under gear icon.
- After that using the Microsoft word prepare the template.
- Next from the style drop down list Import the custom invoice template to QuickBooks Online.
- Locate the areas that are marked in the document corresponding to the data fields of QuickBooks.
- At last select the customize tab and click on saved custom template option.
Need Professional Help?
If you face any issue regarding the QuickBooks custom invoices, then do not give a second thought and directly get in touch with our highly experienced and skilled SMB QuickBooks Technical Support Team on Chat now.
- Quickbooks_clean_install_tool.exe. Efficient Way of How to reinstall quickbooks using clean install.
- Amend 1096: How to correct and void 1099 and 1096 in quickbooks 2015
- How do I Delete Received Payment in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Error -6000
- Quickbooks Fund transfer form one bank to another
- How to Record S-corp Distribution in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Error H303
- QuickBooks Error 6147
- Create A New Company File From An Existing One QuickBooks
- Create an IIF file for QuickBooks Desktop