What is QuickBooks Data File Damage & How to Find The Damaged File
In QuickBooks Data File, data file damage is one of the most common errors occur in the QuickBooks. The problem generally pops up when the user is completing various important financial tasks such as tax papers filings & returns, recording transactions and other important bookkeeping tasks. In such cases, it becomes very important that you find out the exact location of the error and how it can be solved.
Data file Damage generally specifies that your company file isn’t working properly. Although it is very complex issue to spot and hit with resolution, yet, it has some common symptoms that can easily be tracked and proper resolution can be applied. You can also do this by Syncing your Quickbooks data regularly.
First, you need to find out the recent backup and then perform a wild card search so that you can see date, time, stamp or size and determine the exact point.
How Can QuickBooks Data File Damage Be Classified?
You can classify Data Damage into three types:
- List damage: When Customers, When lists of Vendorsand Chart of Accounts are not working properly.
- Transaction damage: When the various processes get damaged such as payments, invoices and bills etc.
- Link Damage:When the link that acts as damage between two transactions like Invoice and Payment gets damaged or not functioning properly.
Causes of QuickBooks Data File Damage
- Network Malfunctioning
- Downgrading of Performance
- Power Outages
- Crash of Hard Drive
How Can You Check Which File is Damaged?
- Please make sure that it includes an (*) sign before the extension type. This will help you find the right search work.
- Now, go to the Start Menu and search for *.qbb for QuickBooks VT Transactions
- You may also search for *.qb for QuickBooks to find both working company file and data backup.
- .qbw is related to QuickBooks working company file VT doesn’t distinguish between working company file and backups.
- Now, you need to spot the In-folder location, size and data column once the search is over. Disregard any sample files.
- Here, you can see details such as when was the last time the file was used. This is all under data modified column. However, if you just tried to log on to an older file with a password, this file will have a current date.
- Close your QuickBooks, double-click on the File Name and check the timestamp on the recently used and size of the item.
- Now, make sure that you have the right file, to do that, follow the steps: run a transaction detail report (custom). This will help you in viewing the last date entered in the transaction. The steps are as follows: Go to Reports –> Click on Custom Reports –> then, go to Transaction Detail.
- If the file that you have opened isn’t the same file that you have been searching for, repeat the above-mentioned step once again.
Need Professional Help?
If you want to rebuild Quickbooks Data file then get in touch with us via Live Chat Support which is available on our website smbaccountants.com. You can also contact us on our Toll-Free Number Chat now.
- How to Set Up a Vehicle Loan in Quickbooks
- Fingerprint time clock quickbooks: How to download this software for quickbooks pro?
- QuickBooks Error 1603
- QUICKBOOKS UNABLE TO INITIALIZE REQUESTED COMMUNICATION LINKS
- Record Security Deposit in QuickBooks
- How to refund a payment in quickbooks 2013, 2014 and 2016
- Quickbooks Error Code 6000 77. How to fix it?
- How to Customize Quickbooks Home Screen?
- Convert Cougar Mountain to Quickbooks
- Enter Inventory Purchases in QuickBooks