When you launch your QuickBooks desktop software and try to sign in, then at times you come across the situation when QuickBooks displays a message that, the email or password you are entering to be incorrect.
This generally happens when the user either forgets his email id that was registered on QuickBooks or entered the wrong password. When you type the correct email ID and the correct password but still you get the same error message then it could be due to the security measures that are used by Google to safeguard the account from the apprehensive activities.
To resolve this issue, you need to follow the standards that are given by Google for the security concerns and update your software.
But still if it gives the same error message then you follow the steps given below:
Ensure that you have enabled the security apps for accessing your gmail account.
- First of all go to your Google account and sign in.
- Then you need to tap on the option named access for less secure applications which is located in signing in group.
- Once you tap on it you will see the access is turned on for the apps that are not more secured.
Make sure that the access of Gmail through some new device is also granted.
How to Set up the email service for QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all you need to prepare a email profile for the Outlook.
- Then get in touch with your Internet Service Provider and fetch the information.
- After that in the Edit menu of QuickBooks you need to select the Preferences option and click on the Send Forms option.
- At last select the outlook option and tap on the OK button.
For setting up the secure webmail follow the steps given below
- Go to the Edit menu in QuickBooks and then navigate to the preferences tab.
- Then select the send form option and the web mail.
- After that click on the add button located on the right side.
- Now you need to locate to the drop down list and select the provider.
- Next type in the email address you want and make sure that you have selected the checkbox named Use Enhanced Security.
- Further tap on the OK button.
- As soon as you tap on the OK button a message will prompt on your screen.
- Then open the website of intuit and sign in to the account you made and select the grant intuit access option.
- This is how you can set the secure webmail.
QuickBooks also allows you to alter the default email for a form and the email services of QuickBooks are accessible for the users who use at least one of these service.
- QuickBooks Payroll
- QuickBooks Enterprise Full Service Plan
- Intuit Merchant Services
- QuickBooks Pro Plus and Premier Plus
- Accountant’s Copy File Transfer
- QuickBooks Billing Solutions
Issues Faced By Users
- While sending the invoices to the customer there is an error message which does not allow me to login and send the invoices.
- How can I fix my QuickBooks gmail password issue.
- QuickBooks is not able to send the emails to outlook.
To get all these issues sorted out you can get help from our SMB QuickBooks Professionals or you can also go through the instructions given below.
- First of all you should always ensure that you have not clicked on the icon of QuickBooks Desktop software so many times as it will cause a problem in launching or loading the application.
- Then navigate to the task manager and then identify the applications that are used by the QuickBooks and from the task bar end all the process.
- After that you need to login as Administrator in QuickBooks.
- Next by right clicking on the icon of QuickBooks tap on the Run as admin option and open your QuickBooks.
- And then enter the password and check if the error still persists or not.
- Delete An Expense in QuickBooks
- Computer Crashed: How Can I Redownload Quickbooks?
- QBwin.log: How to locate and use the qbwin.log file
- QuickBooks Email or Password is Incorrect
- Record Reimbursement from Vendor in Quickbooks
- Cannot Open Quickbooks Error
- QuickBooks 2018 Installation Errors
- QuickBooks Layout Designer
- How to start a new year in quickbooks 2015 and 2016
- Quickbooks Rebuild Company File