Fix the frustrating updating QuickBooks error 12002-12029-12031 with effective solutions given in the below write-up.
What Are QuickBooks Error 12002, 12029 And 12031 & How To Fix Them?
QuickBooks Errors – 12002, 12029 and 12031 are encountered by the user while downloading the updates for either Payroll or QuickBooks software. These errors cause interruption in the process of downloading and integrating the changes incorporated in the updates with that of the software.Show More
Download and installation of updates is imperative as they might carry the answers to your issues. All the issues faced with software due to coding or similar part of the current version gets reported to the company which is then resolved and released as update. However when these errors do not get absolved as the updates is not downloaded properly, it leads to interference in the flow of work.Show Less
- 1 What Are QuickBooks Error 12002, 12029 And 12031 & How To Fix Them?
- 2 Causes of These Errors
- 3 Troubleshooting QuickBooks 12002, 12029 & 12031
- 4 FAQs
Causes of These Errors
The Error Codes 12002, 12029 and 12031 arises when there is some malfunctioning with the Web connection and the QuickBooks software.
The most common reasons why there is interference between the Internet connection and the software are:Show More
- The restrictive settings of security software like Antivirus, and other protection applications like Firewall.
- General faults related to Internet Connection.
- Internet Explorer is not set as Default Browser.
- Secure Socket Layer might be unchecked.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks 12002, 12029 & 12031
To resolve the issue all you need to do is follow some of the resolution enumerated below. For best result, try to update your QuickBooks after completion of every resolution as you do not know which solution might be the answer to your prayers.
1. First Step: Verify Internet Settings
- Close your QuickBooks Software and click on Internet Explorer to open it.
- Go to Tools tab and then further click on Internet Options.
- After this click on Security option in the menu and then proceed to Globe icon to make sure that the setting for the security under this tab is not selected more than Medium High.
- Now click on Content button to ensure the settings for Content Advisor is on Enable.
- Now go to Connection button and follow the given instructions:
- In case you are not employing Dial-Up Node (DUN) and then click on Never Dial a Connection option.
- However, if you are using DUN then ensure that the ISP is authentic and click on OK.
- Under LAN settings, the checkbox against Automatically Detect Settings should be ticked.
- Use a Proxy Server should be unchecked.
- Now click on OK to close LAN settings.
- Under Advanced Tab:
- Select Restore Advanced Settings tab and then select Settings option.
- In this checkbox against Use TLS 1.0 should be ticked.
- Use TLS 1.1 as well as Use TLS 1.2 should be unchecked.
- Now click on OK in order to close the Internet Options screen and then further close Internet Explorer.
- Restart your computer in order to save the settings and then open the QuickBooks software and try to update the software again.
2. Step Two: Recheck SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Settings
Go to Internet Explorer options menu and verify that the box against Secure Socket layer option is checked. If not, then do it and again try to update your software. If you still face the issue then proceed to next step.
3. Step Three: Internet Explorer As Default Browser
For successful use of QuickBooks, it is imperative that the default browser set is Internet Explorer. Check to ensure that the default browser is Internet Explorer and not any other web browser.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with SMBAccountants Team, Which is available 24/7.
Why does QuickBooks error message 12002 pop up on my screen?
The most frequent reason for error 12002 is the network timeout. The network connections barrier happens due to Firewall settings or Internet security. When the network connection does not present in your system, it prevents the accounting software from accessing the server.
What is SSL & Where I find SSL settings to resolve the 12002 error?
SSL certificates help to provide secure communication. It helps to maintain the trust ability of the website so that visitors feel safe while entering the website. You can enable the SSL certificate in the Web browser.
Here are the steps to enable SSL on Internet Explorer:
💠 Open Your Internet Explorer
💠 Choose the Tools button.
💠 Hit on Internet options
💠 Locate Advanced button and search for Security category
💠 Enable the checkboxes for the SSL version
💠 Hit on OK button
💠 Close the browser and re-open it.
How can I set an internet Explorer as the default browser?
💠 Locate Internet Explorer and then choose the Tools Button
💠 Hit on Internet Options
💠 Choose the Programs option.
💠 Select Make default
💠 Click on the OK option and then close the Internet Explorer
- QuickBooks Error 12031
- QuickBooks fcs service is damaged. Why quickbooks online is showing me this error?
- QuickBooks Error 1328
- How to Fix Error Codes: (-1, 0) in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Error 6177
- QuickBooks Error 1935
- Quickbooks Unable to Register? – [Solved]
- QuickBooks ND File error: What is it within quickbooks desktop and enterprise
- Repair Adobe Acrobat: Quickbooks Unable to Locate PDF Viewer
- QuickBooks Hosting Mode is Off