QuickBooks Error 12157 comes under the 12000 error code series that result due to Web connectivity issues in Windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 Internet or also called as WinInet API. This API is used by QuickBooks in order to swiftly access Internet Protocols like FTP, HTTP and Gopher. The QuickBooks Error 12157 generally occurs when either downloading or installing updates with the software.
These error stop updates to get integrated with the software which can cause serious issues in the future as these updates generally consist of fixes for the bugs reported for the current version along with some powerful features that enhances the experience of the software.
The QuickBooks Error Code 12157 can be a direct result of any of the following reasons:
- Restrictive settings of Firewall (personal) and Internet security applications.
- More than one version of QuickBooks software on the same computer system of same year such as QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2016 and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 16.0.
- Certain settings regarding Internet or Security applications can also cause this error to crop up while updating your QuickBooks Desktop software.
There are certain resolutions listed below for your perusal which can help to fix the issue manually and swiftly. It is recommended that you try to update your software after every resolution to know which one fixes the problem. This ensures that you do not need to follow all the resolutions.
Advance Settings to Fix QuickBooks Error 12157 :
- Close QuickBooks and then go to Internet Explorer.
- After opening proceed to Tools tab in Menu Bar and then to Internet options.
- Now click on Advanced Tab.
- Select Restore Advanced Settings tab and close the Window.
QuickBooks Desktop & Internet Explorer Settings:
The settings of both QuickBooks Desktop and Internet Explorer should coincide with each other. They should be verified and be updated with latest bug fixes.
Firewall/ Third Party Application Configuration:
The settings of Firewall and other third party security applications at times restrict QuickBooks to update the software and payroll as well. It should allow incoming and outgoing access through 10172 ports.
The files that will require Internet access are as follows:
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with SMBAccountants Team, Which is available 24/7.
- Overflow Error in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks FCS service is disabled: How to resolve this error.
- QuickBooks Unable To Find Scanner
- Fix Quickbooks Appcrash-QBW32.exe Error Support
- No Version of QuickBooks was Found to Update
- Quickbooks Invoice Number Not Incrementing
- QuickBooks Data Sync Start and Stop
- QuickBooks Update Error 15225
- Fixing QuickBooks 6000 Errors
- QuickBooks Error 15222