What is Error Code 1328 in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error 1328 is an update error that occurs while updating your software. Few common reasons include improper installation, Malfunction causing infectious attack, invalid entries in Windows registry, and more. You can use the Registry Repair tool to repair the damaged registry entries or try reinstalling your software using Clean Installation to fix improper installation.
Error: QuickBooks Error Code 1328
Error message: Error 1328.Error updating file C:\Confiq.Msi\PT19C6.tmp. System error-1072807676
Note the error and type this in a Web browser: www.quickbooks.com/support/install.html
This error usually pops up when the User try to QuickBooks software via third-party application. The main cause of this issue is linked with temporary files (.temp files) stored under folder the name of which is config.msi that obstructs in repairing and updating the QuickBooks. This folder (config.msi) is stored in your system as temporary archive which is used to place that scripts.
In case, there is a failure in the software, the system needs this folder to roll back the installation process. It automatically starts running once user starts the software and the file will get removed from the system. In some cases, the file doesn’t get deleted manually or automatically, the Quickbooks Error 1328 pops up.
- 1 What is Error Code 1328 in QuickBooks
- 2 How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1328
- 3 FAQ
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1328
To Resolve Quickbooks Error 1328, you need to reevaluate the config.msi folder
There may be case when the error message pops us in three words namely:
Abort, Ignore and Retry. First, you need to rename the config.msi folder. This solution that is applied on the files (temporary) stored under config.msi folder restricts the software to get repaired and updated by itself.
In case, there is a failure in the software, the system needs this folder to roll back the installation process. Once the software gets installed successfully and it starts working without any problem, the file that was store previously would be deleted. There may be times when it does not get removed automatically and even manual efforts do not let the file deleted.
1. Step One: Locate & Rename The Confiq.msi Folder
If you want to locate and rename the config.msi folder, you need to follow the instruction:
- Open start button and click on the icon followed by selecting the Explorer option in order to open the Windows Explorer.
- Now, click on C: drive.
To view all Hidden Files & Folders and Protected Files of Operating System, You need to follow mentioned below steps:
- Click on Tools tab, go to Folder Options and click on ‘View’ Tab, click on Hidden files and folders, click on Show hidden files and folders, click on Apply and OK tab options
- Protected Files of operating System –
- Open Tools, then Folder Options followed by View Tab, click on Hide Protected Operating System Files and deselect Apply and OK tab options.
- Now locate and right click mouse over config.msi folder followed by selecting Rename option.
- In the rename section, add .old after adding the file name and then press enter. This should name the file as msi.old.
3. Step Three: End The Process
To end the process, you need to hide both of the Hidden files & folders and the Protected Operating System files by following steps:
A. To hide Files and Folder
- Open Tools
- Go to Folder Options
- View Tab, Click on Hidden files and folders
- select Hide hidden files and folders
- click on apply and OK tab.
B. Hide Protected Files of Operating System
- Open Tools
- Folder Options
- View Tab click on Hide Protected Operating System Files
- click on apply and OK tab.
Need Professional Help?
There are other error which might occur like dbextclr11 Error in QuickBooks. Our Assistance channels are available to you via our website. Visit our Website and get anytime solutions. Our Live Chat Support feature is also there on our Website. You can also get in touch with us through our Quickbooks Professionals Toll-Free Number on Chat now.
What are the root causes of QuickBooks error 1328?
The main causes behind the occurrence of this QuickBooks update error code 1328 can be installing a version with a different license number than that currently installed. The reason for this update error is also the .temp files in the config.msi folder which prevents QuickBooks from completing the update. The other possible causes are the attack of Malware, incorrect or improper installation, improper system shutdown due to power failure, and more.
What are the signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 1328?
Whenever you encounter QuickBooks error 1328 then you must notice the symptoms include: QuickBooks gets stopped or stopped working, response time becomes very low, users are unable to update because of an error message that continuously pops up, windows become falls or sluggish from time to time, etc.
Can downloading Windows updates rectify QuickBooks error 1328?
Yes, many times QB unable to install and open properly because the Windows Operating System (OS) outdated. In that case, you can perform the downloading of the Windows updates and install missing improvements related to .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML issues. To do so, you can simply press the Windows keys from your keyboard and then type Windows Update in the search field. Here you’ll get all the updates available; perform the required updates. Once the installation process ends then reboot or restart your system then try to open the QB Desktop and verify whether the error has been resolved or not.
- Error 1904 Module Failed to Register Quickbooks
- QuickBooks Has Reached The Maximum Number of Unregistered Uses
- Unable to Email Invoices from Quickbooks
- Quickbooks Error 6129
- QUICKBOOKS UNABLE TO INITIALIZE REQUESTED COMMUNICATION LINKS
- Quickbooks credit card processing not working
- QUICKBOOKS POS UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER
- QuickBooks Error 6177 0
- QuickBooks Copy Company File with No Transactions
- Quickbooks Not Sending Invoices via Email