QuickBooks error 15102 often arises when you try to download a payroll or QuickBooks desktop update.
Handling business is easier with QuickBooks. It helps you to keep a track of the employees and inventory along with the handling of the accounts department. However, at times, some errors like QuickBooks Error 15102 make it difficult for one to carry on with the process. SMBaccountants help team is always there to help you out with this error.
- 1 QuickBooks Error 15102:
- 2 Symptoms of The Quickbooks Error 15102
- 3 What Causes QuickBooks Error 15102?
- 4 Things You Need to Perform Before Going to Fix The Quickbooks Error 15102
- 5 Resolving QuickBooks Error 15102
- 6 FAQs
QuickBooks Error 15102:
This error takes place at times when you are trying to download a payroll or updating QuickBooks Desktop. You receive an error with a message displaying on your desktop screen stating: Error 15102: Failed to reset update.
Symptoms of The Quickbooks Error 15102
To figure out the symptoms of quickbooks error 15102, You just need to match the mentioned below conditions. If you find any of the symptoms discussed below, you just need to fix this issue immediately.
- When you’re trying to update the payroll & the attempt goes unsuccessful with an error appearing on the screen.
- When you’re trying to download an update for your quickbooks payroll subscription service, but you failed to download.
- The system is running very slow.
- The quickbooks get freezed for a few seconds, every time this error occurs.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15102?
There are several reasons behind this error:
- You have turned on the Shared download, but the location where downloads take place is either not accessible or invalid.
- Multi-user mode is active and QuickBooks is in the terminal server environment.
- You are not accessing QuickBooks with administrator rights on your Windows Vista.
Things You Need to Perform Before Going to Fix The Quickbooks Error 15102
Before going to fix Quickbooks error 15102, please make sure the check mark the mentioned below task in your TO DO LIST:Show More
How to Update Quickbooks Desktop
- Just open your quickbooks desktop
- Move head to Help Section then Update Quickbooks Desktop.
- Choose the “Update Now” tab from the Top & click on Get Updates
How to Download The Latest Payroll Tax Table
- First of all, Open Quickbooks
- Move to employees menu & get payroll updates
- Choose download the entire update
- At last choose, Download Latest Update
Resolving QuickBooks Error 15102
The prime reason for this error is out of date QuickBooks. You need to update your QuickBooks to the latest release to ensure that the problem is assessed properly.
1. Method One: Ensure That The Location of The Mapped File is Correct
- Open the Product Information Window by clicking Ctrl+1. Look for the location path and note it down.
- Go to Choose> Update QuickBooks.
- Hit the Operations Ensure that the information given in the Download Location is not incorrect.
- In case the Download is active (Set to Yes), the drive in both Download Location and Product Information will be the same.
- In case the Download is active (Set to Yes), the drive in both Download Location and QuickBooks Desktop installation directory will be the same.
- In case you find out that the location is not correct, you will need to change the set location. Choose and follow any of the following:
- If the option Yes is opted for Shared Download, opt No and then
- If the option No is opted for Shared Download, opt Yes and then
- Hit Close and download the latest tax table from QuickBooks.
2. Method Two: Remap The Drive
In case you find that the download location is right, you will need to remap the drive:
- Shut down your QuickBooks Desktop and its company file.
- Reroute the network drive to a new letter.
- Use the new drive letter that you have just created and access your company file from there.
- Click on Help> Update QuickBooks.
- Go to Shared Download. Turn it off and then on again.
- Ensure that the new mapped-drive letter is used by download location.
- Hit Save> Close.
- Go to QuickBooks and once again download the latest tax table.
3. Method Three: Switch to Single User Mode
If you’re using the multi-user mode, then you need to switch to single user mode by using the mentioned below steps.
- Log in to quickbooks desktop
- Click on File from the menu tab
- Locate the Switch to Single-user Mode in the appeared drop down.
- Click on it to switch the user
4. Method Four: Run Quickbooks As An Administrator
To run quickbooks as administrator, You need to follow mentioned below steps:
- Hit the Quickbooks Desktop Icon to Start.
- Go to the Run as Admin Option
- When the UAC prompt appears, click on continue button to start the application
- Set the quickbooks updates again.
- If the error still persist then hit the next solution
Need Professional Help?
Why does QuickBooks error 15102 occur?
💠 When you are executing QuickBooks in a terminal services environment with a multi-user mode
💠 You do not have the administrator rights to run the application.
💠 If the shared download is turned on and there is an inaccessible download location
How can I verify the mapped file location while fixing QuickBooks error 15102?
💠 You need to hit on the F2 key
💠 It will open the Product Information Window.
💠 Now discover the mapped location path and then note it down.
💠 Locate Help option and then hit on Update QuickBooks
💠 Now click the Options button to check whether the downloaded location is correct or not.
💠 If the Shared download is set as Yes, then the download location must be in the identical drive, which displays in the Product information Window.
💠 If the Shared download is applied to NO, then the directory location must be matched to the QuickBooks Desktop installation directory.
💠 Now you need to change the state of location when the location has been set as wrong.
💠 Now Replace Yes with No; if you choose the Yes option for shared download, then Hit on the Save button.
💠 Replace Now with yes button if you select no for the shared download then you choose Save option
💠 Hit on Close button
💠 Now you have to re-download the latest tax.
How to execute QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator mode?
💠 Locate the QuickBooks icon
💠 Do a right-click on it.
💠 Once done, now choose the Run as Administrator button.
💠 Hit on the Continue option when the UAC dialog box to execute the application
💠 Now click on simply reset QuickBooks updates.
- Quickbooks Unable to Apply Patch : Error Code 1603
- Quickbooks credit card processing not working
- Quickbooks Update Unable to Add Item to List
- Quickbooks Unable to Register? – [Solved]
- QuickBooks Error 1328
- QuickBooks Log Error 4
- QuickBooks Error 6177 0
- QuickBooks Frozen after My Computer Has Gone to Sleep
- Error 1911. What it means in quickbooks pro and quickbooks online?
- Repair quickbooks installation in windows XP or Vista.