QuickBooks Error 15311 is an error related to either the digital signature or network connection. This error is notoriously known among QB users with payroll subscription. Mostly, this error is encountered while uploading tax forms through QB or while updating tax forms.
The error message reads: "Error 15311 QuickBooks did not recognize your login credentials."
Please make sure that your QuickBooks is updated before proceeding with the steps mentioned below. Intuit addresses many bugs and errors by releasing updates regularly.
- 1 Causes of QuickBooks Error 15311
- 2 Solutions for QuickBooks Error 15311
- 3 FAQs
- 3.1 Do i need to backup my QuickBooks Company File?
- 3.2 When should i contact your support team for solutions regarding QuickBooks Error 15311?
- 3.3 What are the indications of QuickBooks Error 15311?
- 3.4 Why do QuickBooks error 15311 pop up on your screen?
- 3.5 How do I manually resolve QuickBooks Error 15311?
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15311
- Download File of the QuickBooks software gets corrupted.
- Installation process is incomplete or corrupted.
- Some files are missing.
- Virus or malware infected the QB related files.
- Accidentally some QuickBooks related files are deleted .
- Corrupted windows registry files.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error 15311
1. Method One: QuickBooks Digital Certificates
A digital certificate is required in most cases when using payroll along with QB desktop. This certificates verifies the identity of the user and is used for authenticating payroll and tax related tasks. This digital certificate becomes more important when filing or preparing taxes with QuickBooks.
Follow the steps given below to register a digital signature certificate in QuickBooks:
- Right click on QBW32.exe file located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Select Digital Signature
- Select Details
- Click on View Certificate
- Select Install Certificate
- Follow the instructions. Once the installation is finished, click on Finish
- Close QuickBooks and restart your system
Once your system restarts, open QuickBooks and try working with payroll. If you’re still encountering QuickBooks Error 15311, then your network might be an issue.
2. Method Two: Checking Network Issues
Network issues can arise due to various reasons. Make sure that your internet connection is working properly before proceeding with other solutions. Further, add QuickBooks as an exception to all the security programs on your system. You can even contact your internet service provider (ISP) to know the status of your network. Also, ask them if QB is allowed through their network port.
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with SMBAccountants Team, Which is available 24/7.
Do i need to backup my QuickBooks Company File?
No. There is no threat to your company file or payroll data due to this error. This error is usually caused by issues with the digital signature certificate or network connection.
When should i contact your support team for solutions regarding QuickBooks Error 15311?
We provide round the clock solutions for all errors and issues relating to QuickBooks.
What are the indications of QuickBooks Error 15311?
Before fixing any error, it is mandatory to identify the error with the signs and symptoms. QuickBooks error 15311 involves crashes of an active program; Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to given inputs, system freezes from time to time, an error message pops up while you try to install the QuickBooks program.
Why do QuickBooks error 15311 pop up on your screen?
There may be more than one of the following reasons which is causing virus, malware, deletion of Windows files by mistake, corruption in QB files or installation, Damaged Windows registry file, partial or unsuccessful installation of QuickBooks software.
How do I manually resolve QuickBooks Error 15311?
Before moving to steps, confirm that QuickBooks subscription is activated and update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release version. Make sure the Payroll Service key should be correct. To check it: Go to the Employees and then click My Payroll Service. Hit on the Manage Service Keys and then click Edit and verify whether the key is correct or not. Click Next and then Finish tab. Finally, you have to restart/reboot the PC.
- Error 1911. What it means in quickbooks pro and quickbooks online?
- QuickBooks Error 15102
- Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code in Point of Sale
- QuickBooks Error 1935
- QuickBooks Search Not Working
- QuickBooks ND File error: What is it within quickbooks desktop and enterprise
- QuickBooks Update Error 15225
- Why is Journal Entry Not Showing in Sales in QuickBooks?
- Quickbooks Error H101, H202, H303, H505
- QuickBooks Error Code 6130