Whenever there is an issue with the QuickBooks license – QuickBooks Error 3371 status Code 11104 happens. It stops clients to open QuickBooks, which impedes smooth work usefulness, involving efficiency misfortune.
Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104 occurs when the software fails to initialize the license file. Problems with the entitlement file, which stores license information, cause this error in a vast majority of cases. However, a few other lesser-known issues can also lead to the same. Troubleshooting error 3711 can often take longer than expected, but you should go through the defined solutions so that you can quickly fix this error.
In this post, you’ll learn how to fix Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104.
QuickBooks error 3371 error messages:
- “Message: You cannot use Online Banking because QuickBooks is not registered.”
- “You must subscribe to the accountant’s copy file transfer service”
- “Error: The validation code is incorrect, or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating.”
- The Sync License Data Online option is grayed out.
- 1 What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104?
- 2 What Causes QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104?
- 3 Troubleshoot Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11104
- 4 Additional Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104
- 5 Fixing MICROSOFT.NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ with QuickBooks install symptomatic apparatuses
- 6 Manually Resolve Components Problem of QuickBooks and Microsoft.
- 7 Installing Uninstalling QuickBooks by means of Selective Startup
- 8 FAQs
- 8.1 What do you understand with Entitlement Data?
- 8.2 What does QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104?
- 8.3 How do I delete the Entitlement Data file?
- 8.4 Can network issues lead to QuickBooks license error?
- 8.5 Does updating the software resolve QuickBooks error 3371?
- 8.6 Do I have to activate QuickBooks again after reinstalling the software?
- 8.7 Should I reinstall QuickBooks on all workstations?
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104?
Here are some possible symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104. which is mentioned below list:
- The QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104 message box pop-ups on the display.
- The framework got crashed
- Handling of info turns out to be slow.
- Unfit to get to the QuickBooks file.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104?
Here are some possible causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104. which is mentioned below list:
Scarcely any parts/files expected by QuickBooks for working are harmed or missing:
- QuickBooks Registration.dat: This is a QuickBooks installation file that comprises the license data connected with QuickBooks. When QuickBooks is dynamic, the license data should be recuperated and approved. QuickBooks won’t work, assuming the file is harmed.
- MSXML Component: QuickBooks requires this Microsoft part for running effectively. Working this segment, QuickBooks can recuperate the data put away in the QuickBooks registration.dat file, which keeps QuickBooks open.
- The working framework isn’t refreshed or the antivirus isn’t permitting admittance to some QuickBooks files.
- The file is opened prior to saving it. The. Solid shape file must be saved prior to importing it.
Troubleshoot Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11104
This error is the result of a damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. Thus if you want to resolve one then you will have to recreate it again.
How to Recreate EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
In order to create one, follow along with the steps:
Total Time: 12 minutes
Close any program that you might be running on your desktop.
Before deleting the file, please make sure that you are no longer running QuickBooks on your desktop.
Now click open the entitlement folder that contains your data. Also, open the software version of your QuickBooks.
💠 Now open the Run window on your desktop.
💠 Copy and paste the path of your entitlement folder. The extension of your entitlement data file would be .emcl.
Now select the file EntitlementDataStore.ecml and press the delete option.
Now open your QuickBooks and register your application again. You would need to follow the instructions that are self-explanatory.
After everything is done you would now be able to get rid of Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11104.
Additional Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104
The following are a Few Steps given Below to Fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104
- To begin with, the client should install the current updates of Windows. On the off chance that this isn’t done, the QuickBooks installation could come up short or get harmed.
- The client is expected to hit on the Windows logo, and afterward pick all projects, trailed by Windows Update. Post the installation of updates, the client necessities to install QuickBooks.
- Presently, a client should finish this progression all together Shown.
Generously note in the event that the issue can be fixed with the principal arrangement, the other advance can be skipped.
The harmed qualification information store. Eastman file should be reproduced to fix license and registration errors:
- First QuickBooks and all its running cycle should be shut
- Next client should Press CTRL+ SHIFT+ ESC key to open the undertaking chief.
- In Windows 10, clients need to pick more subtleties for the assignment director to open.
- Then, User should choose the cycle tab, trailed by the interaction name. Header in the request to sort the interaction in an in-order succession.
- Presently, the client should observe QBW32.EXE files and afterward select the end task.
- Sticking this, the client should open the qualification information organizer for the working framework and form of QuickBooks.
- Post that, the client should hit windows + R, which will explore to open the run window and there they should write.”C:\ ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)” and afterward hit on the enter key. The organizer’s area is the same for all expansions of QuickBooks desktop and endeavor.
- Then, the User should right-tap the privilege information store Dot East plant file and afterward select erase. Sticking this, the client should pick yes to affirm that the file should be erased.
- Then, the client should open the organization file and afterward adhere to the guidelines.
Once you perform all these steps and hope your problem has been resolved. If you are still facing QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104, We have more solutions to fix that problem. so let’s read ahead!
Error 3371 in QuickBooks Desktop can be fixed by solutions given below. You can begin by updating windows and then addressing the main cause of the error: the entitlement file. Let’s get into it.
Before you begin…
Updating windows can fix components that the software may not be able to access because of errors. Kindly install all the latest updates available for your version of Windows.
Steps to update Windows 10/11 to fix QuickBooks error 3711:
- Log into windows with an admin user account.
- Click on the Start menu from the taskbar.
- Choose Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Choose Windows Update.
- Select Check for Updates.
- Choose Download & Install Updates.
- Once the updates have been downloaded, restart your system so that Windows can install the updates.
You can go to the Control Panel & choose Updates if you’ve using Windows 7 or 8.
Solution 1: Use the 3371 Error Tool
The easiest way to fix this error is to use the 3371 tool available through QuickBooks Tool Hub. After installing the tool hub, simply launch it to access the various tools available to troubleshoot common errors related to this accounting software.
Note: QuickBooks Tool Hub is free and can be downloaded from Intuit’s official website.
Official page for QuickBooks Tool Hub
Steps to Download QuickBooks Tool Hub:
- First, you need to download the setup for QuickBooks Tool Hub, and save it on your desktop. You can find the download link in the description below.
- Then you can launch the setup by double-clicking on it.
Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool on your system.
Steps to use the 3371 tool to fix QuickBooks License Error:
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Installation Issues.
- Select 3371 Error Fix and then OK.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
Solution 2: Delete the Entitlement File, and the ND and TLG Files
As I mentioned before, the entitlement file stores the license data for QuickBooks Desktop.
If the entitlement file isn’t availabe, QuickBooks will prompt you to register your product again by providing the activation details.
If the entitlement file is damaged, you’ll receive the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104.
Steps to delete the Entitlement File to fix QuickBooks error 3371:
- Open File Explorer.
- Go to `C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Right-click on the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file, then choose Delete.
- Click on Yes to confirm.
- Launch QuickBooks and open the company file.
- Enter purchase details to activate the product once again.
Without the activation key, you won’t be able to use QuickBooks Desktop. So you need to provide your activation key so that the software can verify your purchase details and activate all the available features.
Steps to find activation key for [[QuickBooks Database|QuickBooks]] Desktop:
- Go back to your Intuit account and check for the products that you have purchased in the past.
- Then simply choose the edition of QuickBooks that you are reinstalling
- And note down the product and license numbers required to activate the product.
Steps to activate QuickBooks Desktop after installation:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Choose Activate QuickBooks Desktop.
- Verify the information by providing additional details.
If you’ve set up multi-user mode in QuickBooks by hosting the company file on a separate server, then the software will create both .ND and .TLG files to manage the location of your company files.
Deleting these files can help reset the location for these files, because the entitlement file is also stored in the same location as the company file. If QuickBooks cannot find the folder for the company file, then it cannot connect to the entitlement file either.
Steps to reset the .ND and .TLG files in order to fix QuickBooks error 3371:
- Go to the location of your company file.
- Find the .ND and the .TLG files.
- Right click on each of the files and add .old at the end of their name.
- Now launch QuickBooks desktop and open your company file.
Solution 3: Change the UNC Path
If simply resetting the .ND and .TLG files doesn’t do the trick, then you can alter the UNC path for the company file. The altered path is where the software will look for for the company file. You can follow this solution if you’ve recently moved the location of your company file on the server.
Steps to change to UNC path to fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104:
- Go to the start menu and type in QuickBooks.
- Right click on QuickBooks, then choose to run as administrator.
- While holding the control key, launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- When the no company open window appears, go to the file menu.
- Click on open or restore company.
- Click on open a company file, then choose next.
- From the left-hand menu, click on network and go to the directory containing the company file.
- Set the appropriate permissions for the folders that contain the company file so that the operating system won’t prohibit other workstations from connecting to the company file.
- Now choose the company file and click on open.
You can also use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to define the new location of your company files. However, you also have to change the sharing preferences of the folder so that other workstations can connect to the server and access the files in the specific folder.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Note: this is a last resort method. Proceed with reinstallation only if you’ve tried all the other solutions.
Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
Steps to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop to fix error 3371:
- Go to the start menu and click on the control panel.
- Click on programs and features, then uninstall a program.
- Choose quickbooks from the provided list of programs.
- Right click on QuickBooks desktop and choose uninstall/change.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall quickbooks and click on finish once the process is over.
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Steps to install QuickBooks Desktop to resolve error 3371:
1. Double click on the Downloaded Setup. 2. Follow the on-screen instructions. Click on Finish after the installation ends. 3. Launch the QuickBooks tool hub and choose installation issues. 4. Click on continue. 5. Choose Ok when the following message appears: “please install your copy of quickbooks to the default location”.
Steps to install QuickBooks Desktop:
- First, you have to download the setup for your version of QuickBooks Desktop. Again, go to the description to find the download link for the setup for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now you need to choose the correct version and edition of the software.
- After downloading the setup, launch it and accept the terms and conditions.
- Simply proceed with the onscreen instructions and to continue with the installation.
- Enter your product and license numbers required to activate the accounting software and click on next.
- Choose one of the two options provided below:
- Express install
- Custom and network install
Steps for Express Install in QuickBooks Desktop:
- If you chose Express Install, then click on next.
- Choose Install and select the option to open QuickBooks when the installation completes.
Steps for QuickBooks Desktop Custom and Network Install:
- If you chose Custom and Network Install, then click on Next.
- Choose additional options to configure the accounting software as per your personal requirements.
- Click on Change the Install Location.
- Click on Browse, then choose the directory that you want to install the software in.
- Click on Next, then Open QuickBooks.
Fixing MICROSOFT.NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ with QuickBooks install symptomatic apparatuses
Benevolently note once the apparatus has been run comma QuickBooks could I must be re-enrolled or reactivated. On the off chance that clients can’t finish these means, or an error happens during the installation of Windows Update. The Master should be higher to fix the issues.
Running QuickBooks install the instrument
- When the QuickBooks install indicative instrument has been downloaded, the client should save it on the desktop when there. Is a brief. In the wake of shutting every open program? The QuickBooks install apparatus should be run. The time term for this interaction is around 20 minutes.
- When the QuickBooks install device has been run, to appropriately refresh the parts, the client should restart their frameworks.
Downloading refreshes for Windows
- Every one of the missing enhancements connected with .NET structure, MSXML, and C++ issues will get installed, Once the Windows refreshes have been downloaded.
- QuickBooks probably won’t install or open appropriately, If the Windows working framework is obsolete. Clients can get to Windows refreshes by hitting the Windows Key and entering Windows refreshes in the inquiry choice. Post installation of dates, the client should restart their PCs. Sticking this, the client is expected to resume QuickBooks to look on the off chance that the issue has been tackled.
Manually Resolve Components Problem of QuickBooks and Microsoft.
The client is expected to reach out to the master to fix QuickBooks and Microsoft part issues. On the off chance that the issue isn’t settled by the QuickBooks install instrument.
Installing Uninstalling QuickBooks by means of Selective Startup
On the off chance that the issue endures. At the point when QuickBooks is installed or endeavoring any of the given arrangements, the issue could be because of certain issues with the PC or the working framework
An inability to initialize the license file causes the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104. You need to go through the solutions offered in this post to fix the issue permanently. While simply deleting the entitlement file works for most users, you may have to follow through with the other solutions mentioned in the post. If you need further help with the 3371 error, then get in touch with our QuickBooks Desktop experts.
Need Professional Help?
If you still face issues and are still getting Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11104 then you would need expert advice. For any help, you can give us a call at our tech support number at smbaccountants.com.
Get Expert Advice to Fix All Accounting & Bookkeeping Problems
What do you understand with Entitlement Data?
The entitlement file effectively stores encrypted license and product code details. In case if the file gets damaged or corrupted then QuickBooks cannot read the license properties and as a result, QuickBooks error 3371 with status code 11104 will appear on your screen and QuickBooks will not open too.
What does QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104?
It can usually be caused by one or more of the following reasons:
💠 Due to a damaged MSXML component
💠 This may also cause due to missing or damaged files
💠 There are some system protections such as an anti-virus program that blocks QuickBooks software too
💠 Issues with emailing, printing, or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop
💠 Lose the connection to the QB Data file
💠 Incomplete or failed Windows Updates can also lead to such errors.
How do I delete the Entitlement Data file?
To get rid of QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104, you may have to delete the Entitlement Data file. Here’s how:
💠 Initially, logout your QuickBooks account
💠 Next, go to the “Task Manager” and then click on the “Processes” tab
💠 Now, look for the ‘exe’ file and close its process
💠 After that, you have to open the entitlement file
💠 And then try to re-register to QuickBooks again with the help of the product license code
💠 Finally, launch your QuickBooks software to confirm whether the error is resolved or not.
Can network issues lead to QuickBooks license error?
Sometimes. If you host the company file on a separate server, then connection issues can definitely cause error 3371 because QuickBooks cannot access the entitlement file. You can reset the ND and TLG files or change the location of the company file with the QuickBooks database server manager to get through the network issues causing the error 3371.
Does updating the software resolve QuickBooks error 3371?
You cannot access the menus in QuickBooks desktop until you fix error 3371. So you won’t be able to update the software either. Therefore, first fix the error, then update the software.
Do I have to activate QuickBooks again after reinstalling the software?
Yes, you will. Once you reinstall the software, QuickBooks will prompt you to activate the software again. Enter the activation details and all the features will be available in QuickBooks again.
Should I reinstall QuickBooks on all workstations?
No, you shouldn’t. Reinstall the program only on the server that you receive the error 3371 on. You may reinstall on the server computer as well if the server computer is the one resulting in the error.