What is QuickBooks Error 6073 & How to Fix It?
QuickBooks is prone to errors and error 6073 in QuickBooks is a common error which obstructs the software whenever you try to open the company file in multi user configuration. Apart from this error there are more company file errors which may also interrupt you. QuickBooks error 6177 or Quickbooks error 6000 is a very similar condition which does not allow the company file to open and crashes the software.
The trouble becomes even bigger when the error pops up and crashes the system frequently, crashes the active running programs and freeze down your system. After all this when you’re unable to resolve the error to continue working, how it feels? In this portion we will describe the causes and the resolution to the QuickBooks Error 6073.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073
- The version of the system does not match with the QuickBooks version you’re using
- Multiple systems have switch on the hosting
- The user permissions and rights are limited
- The QuickBooks database manager is not responding
- Firewall settings have blocked the access for QuickBooks
- Network data file is deleted or is corrupt
- The company file is either corrupt or damaged
How to Resolve The QuickBooks Error 6073
1. Solution One: For versions after QuickBooks 2007
- In QuickBooks open file > close company file
- Click on open or restore any company file
- Open a company file and tap next
- Now in the company file list, select the company file
- Mark the checkbox “open file in multi user mode”
- Open and sign into your account
2. Solution Two: When File is In Network Folder with Read Only Permissions
- Use the system which the host to company data file
- In the windows explorer look for the company file folder
- Right select the folder and tab properties > Security Tab
- Click on the user to change the permissions settings
- Mark the ‘Allow’ check box for full user settings
QuickBooks is a multi tasking software which takes care of all the accounting needs of the company. However, errors always bother the users and QuickBooks Error 6073 is common in the QuickBooks servers.
Need Professional Help?
In case you are unable to resolve your concerns you can contact our QuickBooks Error Support team smb_accountants who are available 24/7 to tackle your concerns. The team holds experienced and knowledgeable professionals who will guide you with the error and resolve them remotely.
- QuickBooks Payroll Banking Error
- QuickBooks Error H303
- QuickBooks Error 1723
- QuickBooks 2018 Installation Errors
- Error 1904 Module Failed to Register Quickbooks
- A Data Problem Prevents QuickBooks from Continuing
- Quickbooks Invoice Numbers Not in Sequence
- QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114
- Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11104
- QuickBooks Error 1935