What is QuickBooks Error 6073 & How to Fix It?
QuickBooks is prone to errors and error 6073 in QuickBooks is a common error which obstructs the software whenever you try to open the company file in multi user configuration. Apart from this error there are more company file errors which may also interrupt you. QuickBooks error 6177 or Quickbooks error 6000 is a very similar condition which does not allow the company file to open and crashes the software.
The trouble becomes even bigger when the error pops up and crashes the system frequently, crashes the active running programs and freeze down your system. After all this when you’re unable to resolve the error to continue working, how it feels? In this portion we will describe the causes and the resolution to the QuickBooks Error 6073.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073
- The version of the system does not match with the QuickBooks version you’re using
- Multiple systems have switch on the hosting
- The user permissions and rights are limited
- The QuickBooks database manager is not responding
- Firewall settings have blocked the access for QuickBooks
- Network data file is deleted or is corrupt
- The company file is either corrupt or damaged
Are you looking forward to the information about QuickBooks Error 6073? But have not got much information and you are not able to fix it out. Here is the detailed information so that you can implement it on your own. In case, you are stuck or need any kind of assistance then do connect with the QuickBooks helpdesk team. As we at smbaccountants.com are available 365 days a year to help you by providing all the solutions for your issues or queries. Feel Free to Chat with Us or Call on +1866-5400-865
How to Resolve The QuickBooks Error 6073
1. Solution One: For versions after QuickBooks 2007
- In QuickBooks open file > close company file
- Click on open or restore any company file
- Open a company file and tap next
- Now in the company file list, select the company file
- Mark the checkbox “open file in multi user mode”
- Open and sign into your account
2. Solution Two: When File is In Network Folder with Read Only Permissions
- Use the system which the host to company data file
- In the windows explorer look for the company file folder
- Right select the folder and tab properties > Security Tab
- Click on the user to change the permissions settings
- Mark the ‘Allow’ check box for full user settings
QuickBooks is a multi tasking software which takes care of all the accounting needs of the company. However, errors always bother the users and QuickBooks Error 6073 is common in the QuickBooks servers.
Need Professional Help?
In case you are unable to resolve your concerns you can contact our QuickBooks Error Support team smb_accountants who are available 24/7 to tackle your concerns. The team holds experienced and knowledgeable professionals who will guide you with the error and resolve them remotely.
- Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log. Fix your error with these simple steps.
- QuickBooks Error Code 1334
- Quickbooks Communication Error
- QuickBooks Unable to Retrieve Connected Files and Logged in user list
- Repair quickbooks file that won't open
- Overflow Error in QuickBooks
- Issues with Importing Accountant copy in Quickbooks 2017 premier edition
- Issues with QuickBooks Digital Signature
- QuickBooks Error The File Exists
- Quickbooks Unable to Apply Patch : Error Code 1603