- 1 What is QuickBooks Error 6144 -82 & How to Fix It?
- 2 Indications of QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
- 3 Causes of QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
- 4 How to Fix The Quickbooks Error 6144 82?
- 5 FAQ
What is QuickBooks Error 6144 -82 & How to Fix It?
QuickBooks error code 6144, 82 means an incorrect network setup in the system. However, there are multiple errors in the software which has the same causes and the indications just like QuickBooks error 6177. Since the error 6144, 82 attacks the software company files indirectly through the network setup, so the resolution differs from the other errors.
In this article we will describe about QuickBooks error code 6144, 82 it causes, indications and the solution to this errors which affects the system and the company file.
Indications of QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
- Whenever the software is hit by the 6144, 82 error, it will crash all the running programs in the system
- The system starts to suspend the program for higher duration
- A dialog box will appear which will display the 6144, 82 error
- The windows answering time increases and also leads to system freeze
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
- The QuickBooks software is not installed correctly or there is an incomplete download
- Windows registry has become corrupt due to incorrect download
- There is a malware or virus interruption in the system because of which any system or software file is deleted
- A program in the system could have destroyed certain files
- There is a damage in the internal storage of the system due to which there is some important files loss
- Any change in the network connection may also result in the error 6144, 82
How to Fix The Quickbooks Error 6144 82?
To fix the quickbooks error 6144 -82, You need to follow mentioned below steps:
Total Time: 11 minutes
Close all the programs and then open QuickBooks Desktop
Tap F2 key on the keyboard
Look for File Information section and then trace the location of the company file
Once you are able to find the folder, open it
There are files in the system which is in similar name to the company file but the extensions are .ND and .TLG. Locate them.
Right select the file and then rename
Add OLD at the end of each file name and save them
Open the software and then retry to open the company file
The error 6144, 82 would be resolved with this action.
Need Professional Help?
QuickBooks is a fine accounting software which manages all the real time tasks in all the sectors of the business. However, there are errors which might hinder at times because of certain system causes. Error 6144, 82 has been described with the resolution. To know more about the software, you can contact QuickBooks tech support team Chat now and they would assist you with your issues. These are domain professionals who are available 24/7.
Why does QuickBooks Error 6155 -82 appear on my window repeatedly?
This error usually happens due to improper installation of QuickBooks or due to missing QuickBooks company files from within the QuickBooks installation directory. It also prevents you from the attack by malware or virus. If you have yet not updated QuickBooks to the latest edition, then this error code will appear on your screen.
How can I fix the QuickBooks error 6144 -82 fastly?
To fix this error, the user has to download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. Once you downloaded the version, then rename the file. After this, you have to save the file and run the QuickBooks Database server Manager and then company files to the desktop. It will automatically detect or correct the errors within a few minutes.
How can I create a QB backup file to prevent the loss while repairing the QuickBooks error 6144 -82?
Open the File menu and then choose the “Switch-user Mode” option. Then, open the File menu and choose the backup company file option. Then, you have to choose to create the local backup file. In the window, click on the “Local Backup” file and hit the click on the Next button and you are all done with this program.
- Quickbooks Was Unable to Decrypt The File with The Password
- Quickbooks Invoice Number Not Incrementing
- QuickBooks Error 1935
- QuickBooks Error 6150
- Error 1911. What it means in quickbooks pro and quickbooks online?
- Quickbooks Not Sending Invoices via Email
- QuickBooks Error H303
- QuickBooks Log Error 4
- QuickBooks 2018 Com Error
- ‘QuickBooks Asking to Rebuild Data Continuously’ Error