What is QuickBooks Error 6147 & How to Fix It?
QuickBooks Error 6147 is a company file error which restricts the user to open it. There are possibly various reasons for the error to prompt and there are several other errors which have the same instances like the error 6147.
QuickBooks is a multi tasking accounting software which helps the business to improve over time in every sector. QuickBooks takes care of everything from business payroll to business inventory and thereby making the organization more productive. Other error like Quickbooks Error 6150 or Quickbooks error 6073. There are several QuickBooks products and tools which enable a complete scan of the company operations.
In this piece we will talk about the QuickBooks Error 6147 which is encountered when a company file is located in a different folder or it is damaged. You can follow the solutions provided and get the error fixed.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6147
- The company file in QuickBooks is corrupt
- The network drive is being used for restoring backup
- The backup file has crossed the number of characters to be used in the name
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147
1. Solution One: Save Backup to A Different Location
- Keep a check that the system you’re using is not the host
- In QuickBooks select file and then select utilities
- In case you find Stop hosting multi user access, select yes
- Click yes to also close the company file
- Restore the backup in the system
- Once this is done, check for the number of characters being used in the file name. Do not let is cross 210
- You can now open the company file
2. Solution Two: QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Close all the programs and run the tool
- The file doctor will clear the Quickbooks error 6147
Note: When you quit hosting on the framework to reestablish a reinforcement document, it is smarter to perform step by step rather to turn on the hosting. Hosting causes you to get to the organization record utilizing multi-client setup.
Need Professional Help?
The QuickBooks error 6147 can be undertaken by the above given solutions. The error can be fixed using various QuickBooks tools to fix the company file issues. However, if you are unable to resolve the error, you can contact our QuickBooks Error support number on smb_accountants and get assistance from the professionals of QuickBooks. These professionals are also available on chat and will assist you 24/7.
- Quickbooks Error QBWC1039
- QuickBooks Error 12157
- QuickBooks Error 15311
- QuickBooks Won’t Open In Windows
- Windows 10 Error 12007 on QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Data Recovery: How to Recover Deleted QB Files?
- QuickBooks Error 1328
- QuickBooks Error Code 503
- Quickbooks Not Sending Invoices via Email
- QuickBooks Error 6177 0