Over the past few days, numerous QuickBooks users have encountered an error message: “QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a Error loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library DLL,” while attempting to launch QuickBooks. In this article, we will delve into this error and explore the most effective methods for resolving it.
Problem: there was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file “name of your company file:
Error Code 80029c4a
Description: Error loading type library/DLL
You May See one of the Following Error Messages Given Below in Images:
Or You may get another error message on your screen
If you’re facing a similar issue, please continue reading this article until the end. Additionally, you can reach out to our QuickBooks error support team for professional assistance. Our team consists of experts and certified accounting professionals who are eager to assist you.
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
- 2 What Causes QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
- 3 Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- 4 You can Resolve your error with the same common process.
- 5 Solutions for QuickBooks Error 80029c4a (Update Methods)
- 5.1 Method 1: To fix This Error, you Need to Restart the PC
- 5.2 Method 2: Update your QuickBooks Desktop to Latest Release
- 5.3 Method 3: Run the Reboot.bat file
- 5.4 Method 4: Re-launch QuickBooks Desktop
- 5.5 Method 5: Perform a Windows Repair on QuickBooks
- 5.6 Method 6: Update Security Software
- 5.7 Method 7: Ensure the Antivirus Program have been Quarantined
- 5.8 Method 8: Perform a Clean install QuickBooks desktop
- 5.9 Method 9: Running Windows System File Checker
- 5.10 Method 10: If all the above solutions failed, you need to scan the system for conceivable malware or virus attack.
- 6 FAQ
What is QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a is an unforeseen issue that typically arises when a user attempts to open QuickBooks or access a company file. Moreover, this error can manifest when a company file becomes damaged or corrupted. This particular error, often referred to as a runtime error, can be attributed to various factors. Explore the potential causes and troubleshooting steps outlined below.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
In most cases, 80029c4a appears on the screen due to one or more of the following factors:
- Many of the QuickBooks desktop system files can be corrupted or are missing.
- The QuickBooks application download might be corrupt or was not installed correctly.
- A Windows registry entry could be corrupted due to recent QuickBooks-related software changes, such as installation or uninstallation.
- A virus or malware infection might have corrupted the Windows file system or QuickBooks program files.
- Another program may have intentionally or accidentally deleted QuickBooks-related files.
- The antivirus software might have incorrectly flagged files as infected with trojans.
- If QuickBooks components fail to start correctly or DLL files are missing.
- If the error occurs during Windows startup, shutdown, or while installing the Windows operating system.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
The client may have to recognize the issue to fix it, for which the beneath expressed indications may function admirably. By this, the client can advantageously recognize the error and begin with the obsession cycle.
- Error Code: 80029c4a. Portrayal: “Error stacking type library/DLL” will positively show on the screen.
- At the point when the client coincidentally finds this error, it crashes the dynamic program window
- The window runs gradually or languidly
- The system “freezes” two or three minutes each time
- While installing, the error code springs up on the screen
- The error shows up and crashes the running system window
You can Resolve your error with the same common process.
- Log out of your QuickBooks if you are already logged in.
- Now go to the control panel of your desktop computer and click uninstall a program.
- Now select QuickBooks from there and click uninstall/change button.
- Now beneath the button, you will see NEXT > Repair.
- Click on the Finish process once done. This will now repair your QuickBooks software.
- Before starting the program again, Reboot your system.
- Open up your system as normal and login to your QuickBooks. Your QuickBooks error 80029c4a will now be resolved.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error 80029c4a (Update Methods)
Method 1: To fix This Error, you Need to Restart the PC
If you are in the propensity for rarely rebooting your system and rather put it to sleep then this may help. Rebooting helps in cleaning out the memory issues and gives your installed applications a fresh start.
Method 2: Update your QuickBooks Desktop to Latest Release
As long as the software is supported, Intuit keeps on providing free QuickBooks updates that can either be installed automatically or can be done at your convenience. The updates generally fix the application problems by fixing the internal issues and bugs that you might not be aware of. If you use network systems, it is advised to update QuickBooks carefully.
It’s important to be aware that during the update process, you could inadvertently trigger a forced update for all users, since all networked systems will be running the same software version. To prevent unnecessary delays, it’s advisable not to perform updates during working hours. Here are the steps to update QuickBooks software to the latest release:
Steps to update QuickBooks software to the most recent release:
- In the first step, move to the File menu
- Then, click on the nearby company or log off.
- From that point onward, you need to click on the file, then, at that point hit Exit.
- Ensure that you are utilizing the system as Admin.
- Confirm that there is no company file open on the system.
- Presently, move to the assistance menu choice and afterward select Update QuickBooks alternative.
- Then, you need to pick the alternatives tab.
- Followed by choosing Mark all alternative and afterward hit the Save button.
- The following stage is to hit click on the Update now tab.
- From that point onward, click on reset update and afterward hit get updates choice.
- When the update cycle concludes, you will see spring up expressing the updates effectively.
- Then, at that point, press Alt + F4 keys or Esc and close the QuickBooks software.
- Likewise, open the QuickBooks desktop.
- Hit Yes.
- Furthermore, finally, reboot the system.
Method 3: Run the Reboot.bat file
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Navigate to the folder containing the reboot.bat file.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select “Properties.”
- Click on “Open File Location.”
- Right-click the reboot.bat file and choose “Run as Administrator.”
- Ensure you run reboot.bat as a Windows Administrator.
- The appearance of the window depends on the Windows folder options settings; it may be labeled as bat, reboot, or reboot.bat.
- Do not manually close the window that opens (it may display scrolling features); it will close automatically when the reboot.bat utility finishes.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Method 4: Re-launch QuickBooks Desktop
To set things on the right track, now and again a straightforward application restart is required. This is one of the most straightforward approaches to fixing the error 80029c4a in the QuickBooks desktop.
Method 5: Perform a Windows Repair on QuickBooks
- To begin, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Then, open the Control Panel on your computer.
- Click on “Uninstall or change a program.”
- Locate QuickBooks in the list of installed programs.
- Select QuickBooks.
- Click on “Uninstall/Change” at the top.
- In the QuickBooks installation window, click “Next.”
- Now, choose the “Repair” option by selecting the corresponding radio button and click “Next.”
- Tap on the “Repair” button at the bottom.
- Once the repair process is complete, click “Finish.”
Method 6: Update Security Software
You are required to update the antivirus or security software to the most recent release and afterward add the program/segment special cases. The means to be followed are as per the following:
- Above all else, update the antivirus or security software to the most recent version or release.
- After that add the program/part exemptions according to your manual.
- What’s more, in conclusion, you need to re-open QuickBooks once more.
Method 7: Ensure the Antivirus Program have been Quarantined
- Check your antivirus program for any quarantined files related to QuickBooks.
- If files are found in quarantine, restore them.
- Consider uninstalling and then reinstalling QuickBooks on your system. This should enable successful access to your QuickBooks software.
Allow your firewall to allow one of the programs listed here through if you see it in your quarantine.
- Most of these files are located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
- Files with (x86) in the location, such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX, are 64-bit versions.
Method 8: Perform a Clean install QuickBooks desktop
A basic re-installation probably won’t work in fixing the errors. In this manner, it is recommended to settle on the clean install of the QuickBooks desktop.
The means engaged with this cycle are as per the following:
- You should accumulate all the QuickBooks item data.
- Then, at that point, download the installer for the specific version of QuickBooks.
- And afterward, you will have the permit number, which can be spotted on the first bundling or in the buy affirmation email, if the software is purchased carefully.
- From that point forward, note down the item year and version.
- Pushing forward, uninstall your QuickBooks desktop.
- Open the Windows start menu, and afterward look for the control panel and open it.
- And afterward, pick the projects and features choice or uninstall a program choice.
- Presently select the version of QuickBooks from the rundown.
- Followed by choosing to uninstall/change and afterward remove alternatives. Likewise, select straightaway and do the on-screen prompts.
Method 9: Running Windows System File Checker
The second last technique to resolve the issue can be to run the windows system, file checker. The means to be followed here are:
- In the first step, hit a click on the Start tab and afterward type order in the inquiry bar.
- Press and hold the Ctrl + Shift tabs and it enters the If your key.
- Click Yes, when the consent discourse box shows up on the screen.
- Pushing forward, you need to enter SFC/scannow and hit the enter key.
- Stand by till the system file checker finishes the filtering for QuickBooks error code 80029c4a.
Method 10: If all the above solutions failed, you need to scan the system for conceivable malware or virus attack.
It helps to decide on is to filter the system for conceivable malware or virus attack. The means to be followed are:
- This cycle includes two stages, in which you utilize the windows virus and threat insurance for the conceivable virus, malware attacks.
- You can select a remotely installed anti-virus software for spotting and resolving conceivable trojan attacks.
If the previously mentioned solution does not resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a, it’s advisable to seek assistance from the QuickBooks Desktop support team smbaccountants.com. Our highly trained and experienced experts are available around the clock to attentively address your concerns, offer immediate solutions, and provide tips to prevent future errors.
What is QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
QuickBooks Error 80029c4a is a run-time error due to many factors such as damage or corrupt company file, incomplete installation, infected Trojans or Malicious, etc. It is usually encountered when users try to open QuickBooks or company files. When users encounter this error then an error message displays on the display screen stating that QuickBooks Error 80029c4a Error loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library (DLL).
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 80029c4a?
There are innumerable symptoms you can observe when you encounter this error code such as:
Windows runs sluggishly or slowly
The active window crashes down due to this error code
PC starts freezing from time to time
Windows responds slowly to given input from a mouse or keyboard
This error code continuously pops up during the installation of the program.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
The below list help users to easily recognize the actual causes which are leading to QuickBooks error 80029c4a:
1. Incomplete installation of QB software
2. Infected Virus or Malware
3. Corrupt Windows system files or QB-related program files
4. Accidentally deletion QuickBooks related files
5. Corrupt download of the QuickBooks Desktop.