- 1 What is QuickBooks Error Code 1311 & How to Fix It?
- 2 Possible Reasons & Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1311
- 3 How to Resolve The Quickbooks Error Code 1311
- 4 FAQ
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1311 & How to Fix It?
Whenever QuickBooks Error Code 1311 occurs, it simply means that
You may also face this error message when you install or update QuickBooks Desktop if you try to run installation from CD drive or any disk and the installation is stopped due to some problem.
Possible Reasons & Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1311
- QuickBooks Desktop and Microsoft Office are not compatible.
- Error while installing Microsoft Office.
You May Need certain methods to resolve the issue.
The root cause of the error code 1311 could lie in the issues with CD Media or CD-ROM. Here you may need a quick method to eradicate this problem.
All you can do is copy the installation file from the host CD Drive or CD Media and paste it on to your Hard drive.
How to Resolve The Quickbooks Error Code 1311
Here are the steps, following while help you complete the above-suggested resolution method.
Total Time: 10 minutes
First, insert QuickBooks Installation CD into the CD-ROM Drive. You need to Quit the installation process, if it starts automatically.
Now, right click on the Windows button and click on Explore now.
Now, create a folder on any easily accessible location from your hard drive where you have to paste the files from CD. Now, copy all the files from the CD and paste that files to that location. I.e. you have created a folder on the Desktop of the system and name it QuickBooks.
Now, Open QuickBooks CD ROM –> Right click on it and Explore.
Now, click on it to open Setup.exe files.
Now, copy the files from Host Location and paste it on to the desktop where you have created the folder with the name QuickBooks.
Now, install QuickBooks from the folder where you have copied QuickBooks from CD.
Open the folder that you have created on your desktop.
Now, to start the installation process, double click on the item and start it.
Now, follow all the instructions of the screen and complete the installation process.
Need Professional Help?
You can get in touch with us via various modes of connectivity. You can visit our Website smbaccountants.com and find all the information and solution. You can also have Live Chat Support with our Technical Support Team or ProAdvisor. You can call us on our Toll-Free Number.
What are the indications of QuickBooks error code 1311?
When you encounter QuickBooks error code 1311 then you must comes across one or multiple symptoms listed below:
1. An error message pops up on your Windows screen
2. Repeatedly failure of QuickBooks Desktop installation with a company disk
3. QuickBooks completely freezes whenever you try to export a file to any media
4. Users are not able to export one or multiple reports from QB FSD to Microsoft Excel.
What are the possible methods to fix QuickBooks error code 1311?
The below are the following different methods to get rid of QuickBooks error code 1311:
Method 1: Use Command Prompt
Method 2: Copying files to Hard Drive and then tries to install QuickBooks updates
Method 3: Changing Access to CD-ROM
Method 4: Reinstalling CS4 application
Method 5: Verifying Microsoft Office compatibility
Method 6: Make use of Photoshop Elements Disc
How to check for compatibility issues between QuickBooks and Microsoft Office?
1. First, press Windows + R keys to open the Run Command
2. Type Control Panel within the open Run window
3. Hit Ok or press Enter
4. Next, choose the Add or Remove Programs
5. Make a double-click on the Microsoft Office within the list
6. At last, select the option “Repair to fix any installation errors”.
- QuickBooks Error Code 15270
- QuickBooks Error 6144 -82
- QuickBooks 2010 Not Responding
- Quickbooks Was Unable to Decrypt The File with The Password
- A Data Problem Prevents QuickBooks from Continuing
- Unable to Email Invoices from Quickbooks
- QuickBooks Error 12002
- QuickBooks Error 15102
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018 Update Errors
- How to Fix Error Codes: (-1, 0) in QuickBooks